***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

How to become a better golf without use of one hand for 2 months?

2bGood ·  
2bGood2bGood Members  5636WRX Points: 866Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,636 Titanium Tees

I have suffered an injury and won't have use of one hand for 6-10 weeks.Drives me crazy that I can't do the normal golf related things. I can't even hold a putter.

Any ides on what I could be doing to keep in golf shape and keep sharp at the game as I just found about 20hours a week as I can't play or practice. All I can think of is walking/ running. Maybe some core work, but keep in mind I can only use one arm to get up and down off the floor etc.

Posted:

Comments

• Oett11Oett11 Columbia MoMembers  156WRX Points: 44Handicap: 6.3Posts: 156 Fairways

Not sure how beneficial but when I injured my arm i googled 1 arm golf drills, most of them were pretty ridiculous but I found a couple that seemed to help out, or at least I told myself they did. Get healthy fast.

Posted:

Taylormade SIm 9* RIPx 75 S tipped .75
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* Rogue White 70x
    Mizuno clk 19* Tensei Pro white 90
    Wilson Staff Model 4-pw X100 ss1
    Wilson Staff Model 50/56
    Odssey Stroke Lab #3 35

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandUnregistered  2810WRX Points: 1,397Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

Depends on which arm.

Posted:
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees

Watch the plane mate protocols. Don’t even need the plane mate. But the drills they have you day 2 (possibly day 3) are one arm swings back to p2 and then through. Amazing what it can do for takeaway and release even without the plane mate. (I have plane mate however and it’s awesome)

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21795WRX Points: 5,791Posts: 21,795 ClubWRX

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I can relate and will check in on this. Trying to figure when to schedule almost certain surgery on my left elbow this winter.

Posted:
  • 2bGood2bGood Members  5636WRX Points: 866Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,636 Titanium Tees

On -, @MountainGoat said:

Depends on which arm.

left (righty golfer)

Posted:
  • Good1sideClydeGood1sideClyde Members  67WRX Points: 55Posts: 67 Bunkers

Walking like you said, stretching and flexibility exercises (yoga? arm will limit what you can do but maybe could so some modified stuff... Flexibility etc goes a long way, not just for golf. Maybe read up on some golf books, never know maybe can find some useful info that may help while still getting a "golf fix". Mental game is important too:-)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • rkodaveyrkodavey Members  125WRX Points: 56Handicap: 9.3Posts: 125 Fairways

I broke my left ring finger last year (righty) and was in your same situation for about the same amount of time, only I could hold a club and still putt. Brendon Devore from Be Better Golf advocates doing hundreds of right arm only swings as a way to improve your swing, so you may give that a try. But I also like what Clyde said: work on your flexibility and stretching and maybe let any lingering golf-related injuries heal up. When you're injured, sometimes you just gotta step away and let your body heal.

Posted:
  • glkglk send it in jerome Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & BurghMembers  4272WRX Points: 782Posts: 4,272 Titanium Tees

Single arm swings. Do them all the time to start range session. Money drill. Especially trail arm but even good got lead

Posted:

Enjoy every sandwich.

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandUnregistered  2810WRX Points: 1,397Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

On -, @2bGood said:

On -, @MountainGoat said:

Depends on which arm.

left (righty golfer)

If you have use of the left, then lead arm swings. If the left is the one that’s out of commission, then trail arm putts.

Posted:
  • mcputtermcputter Members  1061WRX Points: 239Handicap: 0.9Posts: 1,061 Platinum Tees

Funny (not really) I'm in the same boat as the OP (although probably more like 4 weeks) as I cut my left hand deeply (six stiches) just above the thumb a couple of days ago. Luckily no nerve or tendon damage.

Posted:
    Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
    TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
    Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
    Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
    Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
    Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
    Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
    Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!
  • AndyCAndyC Members  146WRX Points: 57Posts: 146 Fairways

On -, @2bGood said:

I have suffered an injury and won't have use of one hand for 6-10 weeks.Drives me crazy that I can't do the normal golf related things. I can't even hold a putter.

Any ides on what I could be doing to keep in golf shape and keep sharp at the game as I just found about 20hours a week as I can't play or practice. All I can think of is walking/ running. Maybe some core work, but keep in mind I can only use one arm to get up and down off the floor etc.

Hit full shots with your right arm only. It has proved extremely beneficial for keeping my ball striking sharp.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jackaajackaa Members  95WRX Points: 75Posts: 95 Fairways

My left arm was in a sling for 8 weeks. I putter with my right had for that period and then continued with both arms once the left arm was ready. I used a yard stick to putt down the stick as straight and far as possible, plus an eye line mirror. I fiddled with various grips, body positions, and stoke patterns. My keys ended being constant grip pressure and tempo, make the putter alignment line go straight towards the hole, and a start the stroke with slight forward press.
    After doing this for two months and another month with both hands/arms, I went to club champion for a putter fitting/adjustment. I made 104 of 107 putts 10 foot putts. So yes a good investment and improvement that translated to the course.

Posted:
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16996WRX Points: 1,082Handicap: 4-5Posts: 16,996 Titanium Tees

Try one hand/arm chipping. When I was practicing a great deal I use to have hour sessions where I did one hand/arm chipping inside of 30yards.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    Titleist 620 3i i95cw "S"
    Titleist 620 4i-PW, Steelfiber i110 "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber i125 "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1 & AVX

• 2bGood2bGood Members  5636WRX Points: 866Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,636 Titanium Tees

Some of the one arm drill suggested have me worried about developing swing flaws as I am using my low hand. It is fun to chip right handed, but it more of a flop shot.

Posted:
  • AndyCAndyC Members  146WRX Points: 57Posts: 146 Fairways

On -, @2bGood said:

Some of the one arm drill suggested have me worried about developing swing flaws as I am using my low hand. It is fun to chip right handed, but it more of a flop shot.

Hitting full shots with one arm will ELIMINATE many swing flaws not develop them! Check this out: https://www.revolutiongolf.com/experts/martin-chuck/trail-arm-role-try-this-drill-to-learn-about-your?utm_source=ShotZoom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GolfPlan&vrg=ys

Posted:
  • hoselpaloozahoselpalooza Members  488WRX Points: 177Posts: 488 Greens

one-arm putting, chipping, 1/2 shots and full shots are great. i try to work these into my practice/warm-up routine. highly recommend.

Posted:

callaway big bertha alpha 815 DBD 8*, 70g diamana d+ x
    TEE CB4 13* 3w, 80g diamana a'hina x
    mizuno mmc fli-hi 2i 16.5*, c-taper 130g
    mizuno mp5 3-p, c-taper 130g
    mizuno t7 50/55/60, c-taper 130g

Advertisement

I guess only time will tell if the one arm swings will help. Right now the thing my body is missing most is the walking.

Posted:
  • CaddiesFaultCaddiesFault Golf Professional Members  867WRX Points: 144Handicap: -Posts: 867 Golden Tee

flexibility and core strength training

Posted:
    Callaway

2 weeks down and this sucks.

Posted:
  • dogsbedogsbe Members  741WRX Points: 51Posts: 741 Golden Tee

In gymnastics, they get hurt all the time, but still need to progress or they will lose critical progression for their age. As people above mentioned, core strength and flexibility is a good call. I am actually thinking footwork, pre-shot routine and green reading.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.