Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Golf in and around Stamford, CT

RyankcantrellRyankcantrell Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

I’m going to be in Stamford, CT in a couple weeks and would like to try to get a round in. Flying in and out of White Plains. Any courses I can get on that would be worth bringing the clubs along?

Comments

• Mookieb10Mookieb10 Members Posts: 50 ✭✭

Great River is a Pretty darn good public course. If you belong to a private CC, your pro can make a phone call. You’re not gunna get on Winged Foot, but you can get on Wee Burn in Darien or perhaps Stanwich in Greenwich...
    I’ll ask my hockey buddy, he worked at UBS in the city and the bought him out and gave him a year’s salary, so he played every public course in CT that summer and blogged about it.

• vinprun71vinprun71 ConnecticutMembers Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

There are two courses people play frequently in Stamford. E. Gaynor Brennan (formerly Hubbard Heights) and Sterling Farms. I'd say the second is a better option. If you want to trek a little east, Oak Hills Park Golf Course in Norwalk is a favorite of many in the area.

As Mookie said, if you're a member of a club now, you can try getting into Wee Burn, Stanwich, or even Country Club of Fairfield (if you want to head that far east).

TaylorMade R15 460cc (10.5)
    Callaway FT 3 Wood (15)
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4 Iron (18.5)
    TaylorMade Burner 4 Hybrid (22)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56-F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60-S
    Ping Karsten Anser
  • RPantelloRPantello Members Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

Any tee time after 9am on a weekend at Sterling will be a 5-6 hour round. If you are willing to spend some $$$, look at Pound Ridge. Twilight rate is ~$125 after 1pm on the weekend.

• BarooBaroo Members Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Pound Ridge is close, there are a few wonkly holes, but generally the course is kept in pretty good shape. If you're willing to drive a little, you could also try Yale's golf course.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file