Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Wisconsin Golf Trip

Planning a late fall golf trip. What’s everyone’s opinion on this itinerary?
Friday Sentry World, Sand box at SV
Saturday 36 both courses at SV
Sunday 36 at Lake Arrowhead or Lawsonia

Comments

• CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

looks like a lot of effort =_)

• PuttCurseRepeatPuttCurseRepeat It's a ball mark repair tool. Use it! Members Posts: 870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good.
    Lawsonia Links on Sunday.

• AsianpedroAsianpedro Members Posts: 2

Looks like my buddy might be able to take Thursday off work.
    New schedule
    Thursday sand valley and par 3
    Friday mammoth dunes and lake arrow head
    Saturday sentry world and lawsonia
    Sunday lawsonia

• umassgolferumassgolfer Members Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think 36 holes is a stretch in late fall. Not to mention the Sand Valley courses are all walking only, and considerably hilly, so 36 would be a lot for one day. I just got back yesterday from a trip with the itinerary:
    Fly in Thurs, stay near Lawsonia
    Fri, play Lawsonia 11:00 am and drive to Air BnB near Sand Valley, arrived around 6:30pm
    Sat: Play Mammoth Dunes and Sandbox
    Sun: Play Sandbox and Sand Valley, drive to Erin Hills
    Mon: Play Erin Hills, fly home

I will say, by the time Erin Hills came around I was beat. Lots of wind made the rounds more of a grind. I found myself kind of counting down the holes until Erin Hills was over, which was a bummer. Each course was great, Sand Valley's complex was amazing and 18 holes + sandbox per day was perfect. I think another full 18 holes instead of Sandbox would have been overkill for me, plus you'll leave the Sandbox (and Mammoth Dunes) wanting to play again. Lawsonia was a very cool course, would 100% recommend for a change of pace. Could have seen finishing on it since it is a carts course and not walking only, but we wanted to end with Erin Hills as almost a crescendo to cap off the trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file