Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Why don't more pros use Bettinardi or Toulon?

 Meanmachinemoe ·  
MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe Members  1427WRX Points: 134Posts: 1,427 Platinum Tees
Joined:  edited Sep 8, 2019 in Putters #1

As the title says. I know one answer is pay for play but does Scotty pay for play? If not, I would think you would see more guys who prefer a milled face use the other brands. Its puzzling to me. We know Odyssey pays for play. Why wouldn't the Odyssey staffers who like a milled putter use Toulon?

Posted:
Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
Callaway Rogue 4-AW TT XP95 R300
Callaway MD4 54/12 W Grind
Callaway MD4 58/12 W Grind
Bettinardi 2020 Innovai 6.0 Crescent Neck
«1
2

Comments

  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2772WRX Points: 133Handicap: 7Posts: 2,772 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2

    Great question.

    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*


    PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

    project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

    Lajosi Dd201

    A dream bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MedsonMedson Members  2718WRX Points: 301Posts: 2,718 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3

    To an outsider (like me), it does seem there are more players play Toulon. Of all the fully milled putter brands, I think Toulon will give Scotty a run for his money. Things just take time, I presume.

    Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 943Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4

    $$

    Posted:


  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe Members  1427WRX Points: 134Posts: 1,427 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #5

    On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

    $$

    Scotty pays for play?

    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
    Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Callaway Rogue 4-AW TT XP95 R300
    Callaway MD4 54/12 W Grind
    Callaway MD4 58/12 W Grind
    Bettinardi 2020 Innovai 6.0 Crescent Neck
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3149WRX Points: 249Posts: 3,149 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    Pay for play...
    But Toulon is legit!

    Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members  882WRX Points: 618Posts: 882 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #7

    It seems to me that if a player isn't using a putter that they're being paid to play with, they're using a putter style/brand that they're extremely comfortable, perhaps one that they've used for a really long time. The player who's using the same putter that they've had since high school likely is not using an expensive Bettinardi, they're probably using a 2-Ball or something.

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero driver
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Cobra F9 5 wood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.
    Ping Heppler ZB3
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members  3549WRX Points: 294Posts: 3,549 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8

    Probably they are kind of cruddy putters?
    Pros would know.

    Posted:

    m5T 300 series fli hi ztx kgx wh#6

  • CRAFTYLEFTY20CRAFTYLEFTY20 Members  89WRX Points: 78Posts: 89 Fairways
    Joined:  #9

    Would like to see Toulon give Cameron putters a run for their money.

    Posted:
  • Luando85Luando85 AshevilleMembers  142WRX Points: 36Handicap: ⛳️Posts: 142 Fairways
    Joined:  #10

    Can’t go wrong with either one, must be a business aspect

    Posted:
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #11

    I believe a lot of it is deals. Like they have to use X number of clubs/14. And/or so many clubs + their putter who is the majority sponsor.

    Since bettinardi is not a full club manufacturer/just putters, it’s hard to target guys on staff with TM who now require 14 clubs, amongst other brands too.

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • oneaugustaoneaugusta Members  3228WRX Points: 284Handicap: 8.7Posts: 3,228 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    Actually quite a few pro's playing Bettinardi and a few Toulon

    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
    TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
    Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
    Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
    David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
    David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
    David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
    Byron Rincon DH89
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 943Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @Meanmachinemoe said:

    On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

    $$

    Scotty pays for play?

    You'd have to ask Tiger Woods. I have no idea..

    Posted:


  • YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @Meanmachinemoe said:

    On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

    $$

    Scotty pays for play?

    More like Titleist plays to play. Titleist pays a lot of guys. May not be much, but it’s guaranteed. Scotty will give a putter to any player who has a tour card however. Regardless if they are Titleist or not.

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  31008WRX Points: 7,293Handicap: NONEPosts: 31,008 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15

    A lot more use Toulon that you think. Especially European tour. Loads of those stroke lab shafts you see aren’t odyssey.

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan   53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • NDGolfer13NDGolfer13 Members  1424WRX Points: 323Handicap: GolfPosts: 1,424 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @YoungJedi said:

    On -, @Meanmachinemoe said:

    On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

    $$

    Scotty pays for play?

    More like Titleist plays to play. Titleist pays a lot of guys. May not be much, but it’s guaranteed. Scotty will give a putter to any player who has a tour card however. Regardless if they are Titleist or not.

    Which is the case for every tour truck I believe. Companies know that when player a is seen using Their equipment it’s good business. And I’d venture to guess there’s a lot of mark up in tour issue putters from any mfg.

    Posted:
    M5 Kiyoshi Purple
    TM M4 16.5 VA Composites Drago 75
    Epon AF901 19*/22*
    PXG 031X Proto CTaper 125 5-P/Ping I500/I210 KBS Tour 125 5-P
    PXG 0311 Forged 50/56/60-Scratch 1018 50/53/58
    Rife Deep Blue

    FOR NOW...........
    All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......
  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2414WRX Points: 715Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,414 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #17

    I don't think it's very complicated. Most of the players in question grew up in an era where Camerons had a perception as the "be all, end all" of high end putters. Unless they're under contract to play another brand, they stick with what they grew up playing. The first time they got a Circle T--whether as a junior or when they made it to the Tour--was probably a big deal that created an emotional connection to the brand.

    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade RSi TP, 3-4, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped)
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport 2, 33.5"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • daleheaddalehead Members  2017WRX Points: 743Posts: 2,017 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #18

    If you want to get a good idea of what tour pros prefer in putters look to the guys who don’t have club deals with Titleist, TM, or Callaway. What do the Mizuno guys game? How about Srixon, Cobra, non contract guys. I think you’ll find Scotty coming out on top. Access? Check out Greg’s WITB photos from tournament sites. Putter manufacturers have bags of their putters on display by the putting green hoping a player will pick up one of their putters and put it in the bag.

    Posted:
  • daleheaddalehead Members  2017WRX Points: 743Posts: 2,017 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Actually quite a few pro's playing Bettinardi and a few Toulon

    Names?

    Posted:
  • collindm1collindm1 Members  204WRX Points: 97Posts: 204 Fairways
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @dalehead said:

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Actually quite a few pro's playing Bettinardi and a few Toulon

    Names?

    Toulon has quite a few...to name some: Molinari, Guido Migliozzi (European tour, can really putt, won 2 x this season), Thomas Pieters, Pablo Larrazabal, Kevin Na, Cody Gribble, Matt Every, Emiliano Grillo, Ollie Schniederjans, Scott Hend (won earlier this year at the Maybank).

    Bettinardi doesn't have as many, but make a great putter and have some in play: Jim Herman, Kuchar, Jason Kokrak, Collin Morikawa, Haotong LI, Eddie Pepperell, Ben Silverman, Seth Reeves, Joseph Bramlett (KFT), several on the European, PGA, and Korn Ferry Tour.

    In my opinion, Scotty still delivers the best and a lot of guys out there choose to use them because of the looks/clean lines, feel and roll off of the face. Most all pay, Odyssey, Titleist, TM, Ping, etc.. Many tour pros have told me they play with what they think will put the ball in the hole for them - take that for what it's worth, a lot of top players choose Scotty Cameron because they've tested them all and that's what rolls them in for them.

    Posted:
  • oneaugustaoneaugusta Members  3228WRX Points: 284Handicap: 8.7Posts: 3,228 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #21

    Think you forgot a few Betti's Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and quite a few others

    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
    TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
    Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
    Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
    David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
    David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
    David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
    Byron Rincon DH89
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2874WRX Points: 1,019Posts: 2,874 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 9, 2019 #22

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Think you forgot a few Betti's Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and quite a few others

    Kuchar was the second in his list

    Feel free to list the ones he did not mention

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DGord10DGord10 ClubWRX  92WRX Points: 57Posts: 92 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Sep 9, 2019 #23

    Purely money. Look at Molinari - switches to Bettinardi and had an amazing season. Then gets a 14 Club Callaway deal and moves away from Bettinardi to a Callaway brand putter in the same design (Toulon is part of Callaway). Look at Morikawa - uses Bettinardi in college and to win his first tournament but once his TM deal begins he switches to TM.

    Bettinardi is as good or better than any others out there but they don’t have the ability to give 14 club deals or to pay big bucks to guys who might have a 13 club deal but want to be paid for their putter. It is just the reality of being a putter company and not a huge brand with every club in the bag.

    I have been told that Titleist pays guys who use Scottys but there are likely exceptions as some of them (like Koepka and Woods) don’t use other Titleist clubs and have just used a Scotty for a long time and perhaps don’t get paid.

    One key sign is whether social media posts after a victory by one of the putter companies actually name the golfer or just extol the victory itself. Bettinardi has a few of this that I’ve noticed and Scotty as well - for instance I don’t think he pays Tiger and so the Scotty posts after the Masters didn’t mention Tiger by name but congratulated the masters champion and showed a pic of the putter (while he shows pics of Justin Thomas because he is a Titleist staffer and gets paid to play Cameron putter). Same as when Koepka won the PGA - pic of the putter but no mention of his name.

    I think that if you are not TM, Callaway or Titleist, as a putter brand you are left with either the young guys who keep what they used in college and/or don’t have a contract yet or the really well established guys who can afford to ignore the extra money and play what they want to play - Ricky and Koepka come to mind as does Kuchar.

    Posted:
    Post edited by DGord10 on
  • DGord10DGord10 ClubWRX  92WRX Points: 57Posts: 92 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Think you forgot a few Betti's Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and quite a few others

    Kuchar was the second in his list

    Feel free to list the ones he did not mention

    The “official” list of paid staffers is on their website but there are a number of men and women who use Bettinardi but aren’t listed because they don’t get paid. Harder to come up with that list over time as many of them may change in and out since they aren’t under contract. Such as Lexi used to use Bettinardi but doesn’t any longer. I think Molinari’s brother did for a while this season but not sure about now. Probably a lot of examples among the golfers who don’t have contracts (yet).

    Posted:
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #25

    Morikowa needs to be in a Taylormade by 9/1. He used his Bettinardi 3 step Jam that he won the PAC 12s with and was comfortable with to, to get his card. Really hoping TM allows him to renegotiate or pay some sort of a fine. Their move to 14 club deals seam silly...

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • DGord10DGord10 ClubWRX  92WRX Points: 57Posts: 92 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #26

    I agree with you but it is too important to TM to let him do it. They are paying big money to brand a new pro because they hope he continues to win and that is the exposure they need, want and are paying for. I’m not sure where they sit in the world of putter sales but I would guess they feel they are chasing Scotty and perhaps Odyssey and so the putter is too big a part of what they are paying him for to let him switch.

    On -, @YoungJedi said:

    Morikowa needs to be in a Taylormade by 9/1. He used his Bettinardi 3 step Jam that he won the PAC 12s with and was comfortable with to, to get his card. Really hoping TM allows him to renegotiate or pay some sort of a fine. Their move to 14 club deals seam silly...
    Posted:
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @DGord10 said:

    I agree with you but it is too important to TM to let him do it. They are paying big money to brand a new pro because they hope he continues to win and that is the exposure they need, want and are paying for. I’m not sure where they sit in the world of putter sales but I would guess they feel they are chasing Scotty and perhaps Odyssey and so the putter is too big a part of what they are paying him for to let him switch.

    On -, @YoungJedi said:

    Morikowa needs to be in a Taylormade by 9/1. He used his Bettinardi 3 step Jam that he won the PAC 12s with and was comfortable with to, to get his card. Really hoping TM allows him to renegotiate or pay some sort of a fine. Their move to 14 club deals seam silly...

    Agree and disagree at the same time. Wouldn’t him winning be more beneficial? Winning with 13 clubs as opposed to middle of the pack with 14 clubs? IMO the average joe doesn’t know what bettinardi is, so seeing him on TV they will think it’s just a TM blade. The spider is already famous. One more guy won’t move the teeter totter. Again just my opinion.

    Scotty is Scotty. He only makes putters. Taylormade is known for their woods, and is getting good at everything else, but if it were me (I know it’s not). I’d rather have the guy play really well with something he’s comfortable with rather than not as good because he’s uncomfortable on the greens. I digress

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • collindm1collindm1 Members  204WRX Points: 97Posts: 204 Fairways
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @DGord10 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Think you forgot a few Betti's Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and quite a few others

    Kuchar was the second in his list

    Feel free to list the ones he did not mention

    The “official” list of paid staffers is on their website but there are a number of men and women who use Bettinardi but aren’t listed because they don’t get paid. Harder to come up with that list over time as many of them may change in and out since they aren’t under contract. Such as Lexi used to use Bettinardi but doesn’t any longer. I think Molinari’s brother did for a while this season but not sure about now. Probably a lot of examples among the golfers who don’t have contracts (yet).

    On -, @DGord10 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @oneaugusta said:

    Think you forgot a few Betti's Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar and quite a few others

    Kuchar was the second in his list

    Feel free to list the ones he did not mention

    The “official” list of paid staffers is on their website but there are a number of men and women who use Bettinardi but aren’t listed because they don’t get paid. Harder to come up with that list over time as many of them may change in and out since they aren’t under contract. Such as Lexi used to use Bettinardi but doesn’t any longer. I think Molinari’s brother did for a while this season but not sure about now. Probably a lot of examples among the golfers who don’t have contracts (yet).

    Edoardo Molinari currently uses a Bettinardi putter. I left out some guys in my original list on both sides because I'm lazy and didn't want to type all of the players I knew out!!

    Posted:
  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members  199WRX Points: 104Posts: 199 Fairways
    Joined:  #29

    If Betti’s are garbage that might explain why Scotty could never mill another NP 2 that Tiger would play with......

    Betti’s are great putters. Just because the Pros don’t play as many means absolute nothing. Remember, Titleist has dang near all the players playing their ball but every week the lowly others have a rather conspicuous presence in the top ten. Play what you like or be marketing fodder.....

    Posted:
  • DGord10DGord10 ClubWRX  92WRX Points: 57Posts: 92 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #30

    You make a great point because winning is winning - just so hard to pinpoint that on a putter until he uses a TM putter and putts poorly in comparison so who knows, may see a swith back in a few months.... what TM putter is he now using? Maybe it is something that looks and feels just like the 3 step jam?

    On -, @YoungJedi said:

    On -, @DGord10 said:

    I agree with you but it is too important to TM to let him do it. They are paying big money to brand a new pro because they hope he continues to win and that is the exposure they need, want and are paying for. I’m not sure where they sit in the world of putter sales but I would guess they feel they are chasing Scotty and perhaps Odyssey and so the putter is too big a part of what they are paying him for to let him switch.

    On -, @YoungJedi said:

    Morikowa needs to be in a Taylormade by 9/1. He used his Bettinardi 3 step Jam that he won the PAC 12s with and was comfortable with to, to get his card. Really hoping TM allows him to renegotiate or pay some sort of a fine. Their move to 14 club deals seam silly...

    Agree and disagree at the same time. Wouldn’t him winning be more beneficial? Winning with 13 clubs as opposed to middle of the pack with 14 clubs? IMO the average joe doesn’t know what bettinardi is, so seeing him on TV they will think it’s just a TM blade. The spider is already famous. One more guy won’t move the teeter totter. Again just my opinion.

    Scotty is Scotty. He only makes putters. Taylormade is known for their woods, and is getting good at everything else, but if it were me (I know it’s not). I’d rather have the guy play really well with something he’s comfortable with rather than not as good because he’s uncomfortable on the greens. I digress

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6087WRX Points: 450Posts: 6,087 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #31

    Like most have said, pay for play is the biggest reason. The second biggest reason is play for pay.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.