GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

How do you know when you've found "the putter"?

tgoodspe1991 ·  
tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1152WRX Points: 404Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,152 Platinum Tees

So I've been testing tons of different putters over the last month, both in-store and on the practice green. I find there are certainly a couple models that I don't like the look of or that I don't roll as well, but there's also a ton of various putters that I roll well and make a bunch of putts with. I've gotten to the point where I really don't know what "fits" me best because it feels like I can make plenty of putts with all of them...

So my question to you guys is, how do you know when you've found "the one" in your putter? How do you trial and error to see what putter shape/style/neck fits you best? To those guys who always play the same specific model or shape of putter, how do you know that's best for you?

Posted:
“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
- Arnold Palmer

Comments

• jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX  4943WRX Points: 357Handicap: 9Posts: 4,943 ClubWRX

I made it myself. Makes it hard to put it aside.

Posted:
    M6 9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *

(¬¬)
    OLD--WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5621WRX Points: 1,228Posts: 5,621 ClubWRX

I always look for a putter that is pleasing to my eye. This involves head shape and neck style and position of the neck. I also trust my experience with putter styles. I've putted with nearly every type of putter design from a true blade style (8802 or Bullseye) to heel/toe balanced blades to mallet type and or larger bodied putters. I've putted with pretty much every style of neck design from plumbers neck/flow neck/shaft in putter. I've putted with center shafted putters to the 8802 type neck position. Personally I love the 8802 style putter and would love to game this. Once upon a time I was very good with this style but I am older and realize I no longer possess the skill to use this style. I also know my stroke is a gate stroke so a mallet design doesn't work best for me. While an Anser style blade works well, the Ping Zing style blade is what has produced the best results for me in terms of look, feel and putter path repeatability.

I guess my understanding of what is pleasing to my eye and the type of stroke I putt with leads me to the style. All I had to do is find the "Zing" style I loved and one I could get the type of neck welded to it. I found that style from Byron Morgan with the Epic Day with long pipe flow neck. When I set this putter down to make the stroke I never think about the putter or shape. All I concentrate on is making a good stroke through my ball alignment mark aligned with my immediate target some feature on the green just in front of the ball. The putters that lack this comfort always had me thinking about something about the putter (shape, ball alignment to the face or body, shape of the neck, something). A putter I consider "the one" takes any doubt about the putter itself out also I can only focus on putting.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

• SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10329WRX Points: 1,248Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,329 ClubWRX

I think I've found "the putter" a few times. I thought I had it with the Scotty Futura X7M 38", but I was forced to throw it to the curb with the Ping Valor. Now that I've got it in a fixed length, it's money. Can't imagine using anything else....at least until next year.

It's about looks most of the time. This time it was just making putt after putt on the practice green that changed my mind 'cause it is a little ugly. I was just rolling the ball so well, I had to put it in play. Still love the anser style putters, but right now I'm putting better with a mallet.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

• jbrunkjbrunk Central IllinoisMembers  814WRX Points: 223Handicap: 11Posts: 814 Golden Tee

It’s the one with the least loft in the bag. Very different head-shape compared to irons and woods. 😁

Seriously though, I rotate between 4-5 putters, so there’s no “the putter” in my arsenal. At least I settled on all CS putters this year. Flow necks also work well for me, face-balanced vs toe hang is a non-issue. Basically if a putter sits square, feels well-balanced, not too firm or plasticky, starts on line, and gets rolling near enough right away, it makes the rota. If I don’t use it in a year, I move on. If somehow I ever had an 18-putt round, I’d figure all the luck was used up and sell the putter within a week.

Posted:

Late Summer 2020 WITB

Ping G400 10.5° 1W Elements Chrome 6F4

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° 3W HZRDUS Smoke 70

Callaway Rogue 19° 5W EvenFlow Blue 75

Ping G400 22° 4Hy NV 2KXV Green 85H

Ping i200 5i-UW AWT 2.0

Cleveland Zipcore 56.10 Mid 56.06 Low (testing)

******* CW2 CS Putter

• sandtrapsandtrap Members  851WRX Points: 156Posts: 851 Golden Tee

You never know til it’s too late. Most of us have sold the putter that worked best. You keep looking and realize that you sold it. I need my TP Mills back, who knew you were the one.

Posted:
  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2399WRX Points: 703Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,399 ClubWRX

If you have to ask, then you haven't found it. Hahaha

For me, it happens quickly. The look fits with what I want to see at that moment. The first few strokes require no manipulation; it just flows. And finally, the ball comes off on the line I want at the speed I'm expecting. If any of that is off, I know in the first couple of putts.

The thing is, it can all change. Sometimes another putter fits your eye better. Sometimes your stroke has changed in subtle ways and a new one fits better. Sometimes you made a ball change and the feel of the new ball and old putter isn't right. Just because you found "the putter" doesn't mean it will stay "the putter."

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 3, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade P750 4-PW, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy JDay Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB

Advertisement
  • dam276dam276 I shoulda yelled two FLMembers  598WRX Points: 100Handicap: 4Posts: 598 Golden Tee

I’m a long-time putter collector (::coughhocough::), but that all came to an end when a friend suggested I go to see a local fitter who walked me through a fitting for Edel. Opened my eyes to a lot of things (figuratively and literally), but it’s no longer a question of what I’m doing or if I’ve found the right one”

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 9* (Accra FX360 M4)
    Callaway Epic SZ 3W (D+ 70X)
    Callaway Epic 5W (Kai'li 70X)
    Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW (MODUS 120X)
    Titleist SM7 50* F (PX 5.5)
    Titleist SM7 54* F (PX 5.5)
    Titleist SM7 60* L (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0)
    Edel E-1
  • collindm1collindm1 Members  203WRX Points: 93Posts: 203 Fairways

Has to feel good on the take-back for me. The look of a putter always helps or hurts that for me - I prefer a simple, naked scotty cameron Newport. I've hit a ton of putters in my time and I believe the best out there for feel are SC, Bettinardi, Kenny Giannini, and for an insert I prefer the TM line. You've found the one when you make the most putts with it, your distance control is better, and you have confidence and make the 3-5 footers with it. I believe you can't switch putters all the time and expect to be consistent, dial one in and stick with it!

Posted:
  • RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New ZealandMembers  2914WRX Points: 304Posts: 2,914 Titanium Tees

Buy 5 Classic Putter Designs.
    Take em home and rotate them.
    Ping Anser
    Ping B60
    Odyssie Rossie 11
    Scottie tei3
    Scottie Newport 2
    Which is an Anser
    Also Ping Zing 2
    Also a seemore
    That should last a year.

Posted:
    2020 18 July mid winterNZ

Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
    Nike VrS 3wood
    Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63

54     RTX2
    60     RTX2

ProPlatinum NewportTwo
    2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
    Dont hesitate to buy one!

• JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

On -, @collindm1 said:

Has to feel good on the take-back for me.

This. If it feels balanced on the take back then that is the key. IMO if it doesn’t it’s a non-starter as to putt well you need confidence. But this isn’t just to do with balance on the face, it’s also the grip.

The other two main criteria are are a nice feel off the face, and of course the ability to start it on line. The amount of toe-hang makes not a scrap of difference with my swing, I have the full spectrum from face-balanced to 6:00. In addition weight or swingweight doesn’t seem to be an issue with me, mine range from 550g to 639g total weight. It’s all about balance.

I’m sure I have the right putter here, FWIW 3 of these grips are being changed, a Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Lite is going on the Toulon, the 35” will become a 34” and the Garsen on the Piretti on the far right is being changed for a Piretti Fat Grip as the current one is too small and feels alien. I use these in rotation and all work very similarly, so my preference is milled, no insert, simple. I have sold all the putters that don’t fit this description.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • rufus manglerrufus mangler Members  1781WRX Points: 195Posts: 1,781 Platinum Tees

It has to look good.
    It has to feel good.
    It's a plus if it rocks from heel to toe without falling open or closed. (I know, weird. But it's a test I've used for years. If if falls over during this test, it will fall over during the stroke.)
    Lastly, if I make a few putts a round that I have no business making, it's a keeper.

Posted:

Titleist 910d3 8.5 / 910f 15 (5 wd shaft) / 910h 21 (20.25), 24.0 (24) / Srixon 745 5-PW / Vokey SM6 52f (51), 56f, 60v / SC PP DelMar 3.5 or Cleveland HB 11.

Stiff shafts, GP 360's and Crossline Blacks. No glove.

Advertisement
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1576WRX Points: 697Posts: 1,576 Platinum Tees

I'm thinking it might be my Edel E-3, I mean the thing is built for me. I also had it refitted this past weekend by Dave Edel himself so I'll see how it rolls after the changes he made and offered for me technically. If not well I'll still use it until I find something else.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

• monkeyboymonkeyboy Lefty Boomers  887WRX Points: 274Handicap: 8.6Posts: 887 Golden Tee

The newest one is always "the one". Until the next one comes along.
    Took me awhile to define what I liked / didn't like about a putter...Insert or no insert / shaft type / head type / length / grip.
    Most important to me was how it looked to my eye...you don't want to look down and think 'meh'.
    Once I narrowed down thru trial and error, I was fitted for my preferred putter. Was cut and bent to optimize for me. Had it for a long time now. No thoughts of ditching it. Overall I have very few bad patches of time with it...maybe if I putted poorly with it for a few months in a row - I would have ditched it at some point.

Posted:
    Driver (9.0) - Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
    Wood (14.5) - Cobra F9 Aldila NV Green 75 S
    Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
    Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
    Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
    Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
    Putter - Gauge Design GAA-8
    Ball - Snell MTB-x
    Pure Midsized Grips
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3506WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,506 Titanium Tees

On -, @monkeyboy said:

The newest one is always "the one". Until the next one comes along.
    Took me awhile to define what I liked / didn't like about a putter...Insert or no insert / shaft type / head type / length / grip.
    Most important to me was how it looked to my eye...you don't want to look down and think 'meh'.
    Once I narrowed down thru trial and error, I was fitted for my preferred putter. Was cut and bent to optimize for me. Had it for a long time now. No thoughts of ditching it. Overall I have very few bad patches of time with it...maybe if I putted poorly with it for a few months in a row - I would have ditched it at some point.

True. This is very true. There are a few i always keep...but in always down for something new on the side.

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • Zen_GolferZen_Golfer Columbus, OHMembers  365WRX Points: 238Handicap: 10Posts: 365 Greens

When you stop looking at others putters and tinkering, youve found the one.

Posted:
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1152WRX Points: 404Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,152 Platinum Tees

I was back at the golf shop today rolling putters, and it seems like I roll a whole range of putters with the line going end-over-end. No real pattern to it. Mallets, anser, blade, big, small, I can get them all rolling okay. Maybe that means I just need to find the one I aim the best where I actually think I'm aiming. If I can get them all rolling well, then the one I am the best is probably "the one" right?

Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer

Advertisement
  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members  196WRX Points: 101Posts: 196 Fairways

There is only one way to really know. You will know when the same putter has been in your bag for about 5 years. Then you will really know.....

Posted:
  • MedsonMedson Members  2715WRX Points: 301Posts: 2,715 Titanium Tees

I assume getting fitted will do the trick.

I've been pretty lazy so I stick with one go-to putter although I still collect a ton.

Posted:
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 Foxboro, MAMembers  2887WRX Points: 279Handicap: +0.8Posts: 2,887 Titanium Tees

When you start seeing the ball go in the hole consistently from 10-12 feet ... You found the one!

Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Bertha Epic Flash 9° Speeder Tourspec 553 X
    Callaway TC Super Hybrid 17° Speeder Tourspec 904 X
    Callaway TC Apex Hybrid 18° Speeder Tourspec 904 X
    Miura Craftsmen CB•301 4 - 6 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Craftsmen TB•000 7 - 9
     iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
     Miura Handgrind Raw 46 • 06 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 52 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 58 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Tour Milled Raw 64 • 16 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Toulon Garage Palm Beach Stroke Lab Graphite Steel X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS '20
    Miura 
    SG•801 Caddie '20
    Jones Utility Trouper '20
  • ChadwickogChadwickog Members  441WRX Points: 135Posts: 441 Greens

I was building a small collection, then I found the one and the others got sold and my starter collection is no more.

Posted:
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3506WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,506 Titanium Tees

On -, @Medson said:

I've been pretty lazy so I stick with one go-to putter although I still collect a ton.

You'd think so...but likely not. Think of how many people here get fit for clubs, yet the BST remains full.

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902

Advertisement
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1152WRX Points: 404Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,152 Platinum Tees

On -, @Double Dodger said:

There is only one way to really know. You will know when the same putter has been in your bag for about 5 years. Then you will really know.....

Nothing has been in my golf bag for 5 years, not even the same golf bag itself haha

Posted:
    - Arnold Palmer

On -, @Medson said:

I've done a putter fitting twice now and neither was all that beneficial. One was at a Club Champion and the other a smaller competitor that I'm forgetting the name of now. Honestly, neither fitter seemed all that competent. One was a kid younger than me who knew less about golf equipment than I do (no offense). All he did was hand me different putter after different putter and in the end said "yeah, not sure how to help you."

Basically, what each fitting showed was that regardless of putter I was opening and closing the putter about ~2* back and through. Typically I would aim .5-1* open at address and return the putter exactly .5-1* open. Both times, because of my low face rotation, the machine said I should play a face-balanced mallet even though I was getting pretty much the same results regardless of toe hang used.

I suppose that means I just need to find a putter I aim 0* straight instead of that 1* open? lol

Posted:
    - Arnold Palmer
  • jholzjholz Members  1953WRX Points: 631Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees

I personally don't think the one "right" putter even exists. There are probably dozens of models that could fit your stroke and tendencies. You make it the "right one" by committing to playing and practicing with it for a long period of time.

In other words, stop blaming the hunk of metal on a stick, and get to the practice green on a regular basis. Doing that, your relationship with the putter will grow over time and eventually it will become the "one" for you.

Posted:
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
    Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • Mike_CMike_C Members  1606WRX Points: 209Posts: 1,606 Platinum Tees

I putted with the same Bullseye for 15 plus years pretty much all the time. I had a original B60 as a back up. I literally would take both out the the course, especially if it was a tournament. If I wasn't feeling good on the practice green with my Bullseye, I pulled out the B60 and magically it almost always would seem better. But that was maybe 10-15% of the time. Then about 20 years ago, I just lost the feel with the Bullseye, and I screwed up my B60 by cutting it down (I had always choked down about an inch with it, I wanted it regripped and told the guy to chop off that extra inch, never felt the same again despite lead tape/etc.)

I have been searching ever since. Had some success with a couple of belly putters, but knew they were going to be outlawed. I have an older Cleveland BRZ 2 model that has been sort of my go to when nothing else seems to work the last several years, but I can be hot and cold with it, but have has some streaks of solid putting with it over the past few years. This spring I thought I and "found the one" when I pulled out an old Never Compromise slant neck I had sitting around and started putting really well for several months. Then we punched our greens, and from that day forward I couldn't putt worth a **** with it, it made no sense. All I can say is I think I have come to the conclusion now I need a heel shafted putter, or at least one with some toe hang (but I have also tried a 2 ball which seems pretty good, about the only face balanced one I seem to be able to work with), and after switching to cross handed last year I have gotten some consistency back. Latest experiment is a slant neck spider X. This weekend will be its first test on the course, maybe it is "the one".

Posted:
    WITB
    Ping G410 LST 9.0 Tensei CK Orange 60 X
    Ping G410 LST 3W Tensei CK Orange 70 S
    Calaway Epic flash 3 and 4 hybrid, stock stiff Tensei Silver
    Srixon Z585 5 iron Recoil 95 F5
    Srixon Z785 6-PW Recoil 95 F5
    Cleveland CBX 2 52 bent to 51 DG 115 W
    Cleveland CBX 2 54/10 DG 115 W
    Ping Eye 2 SW 57.5 ZZ lite
    Odyssey White Hot #6, back ups Never Compromise Dinero Baron  or Cleveland BRZ 2
    Srixon Z Star or XV
  • wam78wam78 Members  816WRX Points: 263Handicap: NAPosts: 816 Golden Tee

I feel your pain OP. What I have come to realize is it is all about looks and feel and if the club is flowing freely during release. I recently had a face balanced mallet with a large grip and it made me feel like my stroke was forced to be too mechanical. Thinking too much instead of a feeling. Whatever shape gives you that feeling that the putter is flowing freely. For me it was a change in the style of neck and head shape with a smaller grip. Good luck!

Posted:
    Ts3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2 
    Ts3 15* Diamana S+ LTD Blueboard 70s tipped .5"
    U500 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Bridgestone Tour B JGR h2 4i Modus 120s 
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-pw Modus 120s
    SM8 Raw 50F, 54S bent to 53, 58S Modus 125 Wedge
    Toulon Las Vegas  KBS CT Tour Matte, Iomic I-Classic Mid Black 
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1513WRX Points: 458Handicap: 1Posts: 1,513 Platinum Tees

So your asking when you found love for the first time.... oh putters, yeah, so, I recommend serial dating about 25-40 putters until you learn what you are looking for in a putter. The more details you find you like the better. Just remember, you probably need to learn your loft and lie and have them adjusted, to give them a chance to work well for you.

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3 15* w/ Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

It seems like what makes a putter "the one" is just as much performance as it is one's personal commitment to not change putters, haha.

Posted:
    - Arnold Palmer
  • bripgall3265bripgall3265 DenverMembers  276WRX Points: 126Handicap: 10Posts: 276 Greens

When I am CONSISTENTLY making putts in the 6-10 foot range.

Posted:

Nike Dymo SR8T FIT 10.5*
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 15*
    Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro U 3 17* (set at 16)
    Callaway Rogue 4H 20

Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5-PW

Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 50-04
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 54-14
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 58-04
    Odyssey Protype #6 340g / Gripmaster Signature Tour Black Grip
    Titleist Pro v1 (2017)
    Lamkin UTx .580 Blue

Advertisement

On -, @bripgall3265 said:

When I am CONSISTENTLY making putts in the 6-10 foot range.

But I do that with all of them pretty much the same.

Posted:
    - Arnold Palmer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.