GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Any recommendations for rain pants?

gleung ·  
gleunggleung Members  78WRX Points: 68Posts: 78 Fairways

Looking for rain pants (that go on top of pants or shorts). Any recommendations? I have a 30” inseam and can never find pants that aren’t too long...

Posted:

Comments

• TanksfurnutinTanksfurnutin Members  181WRX Points: 85Posts: 181 Fairways

Both ProQuip and Galway Bay come in specific lengths. They were also both highly rated on the other "spy" site recently. I have both the lined Galway Bay which works very well in colder weather and the lighter ProQuip pants. I never got a chance to try out the ProQuip's yet since it didn't rain on my recent trip the Whistling Straits. Galway Bay also has an unlined version.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members  23765WRX Points: 7,628Posts: 23,765 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
    • TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
    • Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
    • Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
    • Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
    • Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
    • Ping Glide 2.0 52 SS, 56 WS, and 60 WS AWT 2.0 Wedge
    • Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"
  • gleunggleung Members  78WRX Points: 68Posts: 78 Fairways

Sweet, thanks guys

Posted:
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

man. i was looking for some good rain pants myself. i'm glad there are some tested ones mentioned here. i do wonder if its worth it to buy if im only using for a couple trips here and there

Posted:
  • Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members  498WRX Points: 206Posts: 498 Greens

On -, @tonypizzle said:

man. i was looking for some good rain pants myself. i'm glad there are some tested ones mentioned here. i do wonder if its worth it to buy if im only using for a couple trips here and there

I had the same dilemma recently. I really couldn't justify an expensive pair of golf pants given the number of times that I play in the rain. So, I bought a pair of Footjoy Hydrolite pants. They are far too long on my. But, they have some velcro and snaps at the bottom of the legs that allow you to cinch the pants at the ankle to prevent them from dragging on the ground. For the 1 or 2 times a year that I will need them, that should work fine for me.

Posted:
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods  1316WRX Points: 245Handicap: 8Posts: 1,316 Platinum Tees

Ping zero gravity pants are offered in different inseams
    https://ping.com/en-us/shop/apparel/men-s-apparel/rainwear/zero-gravity-tour-pant

Posted:

Advertisement

Any recommendations for rain pants that can go on top of pants? Something to wear temporarily during a shower? Like a shell...

Posted:
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods  1316WRX Points: 245Handicap: 8Posts: 1,316 Platinum Tees

On -, @gleung said:

Any recommendations for rain pants that can go on top of pants? Something to wear temporarily during a shower? Like a shell...

Everything mentioned above

Posted:
  • cardigancardigan Members  80WRX Points: 33Posts: 80 Fairways

REI has a bunch of options if you don’t need something golf specific.

Posted:

Thanks, I just checked it out. I think that's more what i'm looking for.

Posted:
  • titleistektitleistek Members  91WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 91 Fairways

Check out Galvin green.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • shaneyankshaneyank Members  139WRX Points: 84Handicap: 6Posts: 139 Fairways

Are golf pants sized like normal pants? Or are they intentionally made bigger to fit comfortably over regular pants?

I.e. if I wear L regular pants (34/34), should I buy L rain pants or step up to XL rain pants?

If it helps, I’m specifically looking at the Ping Zero Gravity rain pant which I expect runs small like all other Ping apparel.

Posted:

I’m pretty much the same size as you (I buy some pants in 36 and get the waist tailored down for a better fit in the rump and thighs and I’m usually a 32-33 inseam) and I have the pings in large and medium. Don’t get the xl. Get a large for something to wear over pants. Get medium if you think you will only wear them over shorts. The large will probably be what you want. It has an adjustable waist

Posted:

I wish I hadn't asked...

Thanks! However, I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner. Out of stock now :(

Posted:

Zero Gravity pants fit similar to other golf pants. They are not sized to go over another pair of pants. The sizing for PING rain pants is as follows

S: 30-32

M: 32-34

L: 34-36

XL: 36-38

XXL: 38-40

I wear 38 in golf pants and the XXL fit me well. But, they would be tight if I wore them over another pair of pants. Unlike my Proquip pants, the Zero Gravity pants do NOT have belt loops (which come in handy when wearing a larger pair that fit over my golf pants). However, the Zero Gravity pants do have velcro tabs at the waist that will allow you to tighten them if you choose to by a larger pair to wear over golf pants.

TGW currently has the Zero Gravity pants in 33" length in both sizes that you are contemplating for $49.98, plus another 25% off automatically (30% off if you use promo code APP30). That is supposed to be an email only code. I don't know if they will verify it against their email list before applying it or not.

Posted:

Thanks @Bill Broderick . That's great insight. It's actually the TGW sale that brought me here, however, the L just went out of stock an hour ago.

I rarely play in the rain and I'm buying these as a nice-to-have. It's more likely that I will need rain pants mid-round, so will be pulling them OVER my regular pants. By your assessment, I'd really need to go up one size from normal.

Posted:

Advertisement

Yep. That's how I would go if I were you. The zero Grafity stuff is nice for a golf bag. All of the ZG items pack up into one of their own pockets. So, they don't take up a lot of space in your bag.

Posted:
  • Hoselrocket08Hoselrocket08 Hit 'em hard. MidwestMembers  224WRX Points: 66Handicap: 8.3Posts: 224 Fairways

I really like my Footjoy rain pants.

I bought them at Dicks and they're the unlined pair. I have a 30" inseam, a 32" waist, and huge thighs/calves and first bought the medium but they were much too big. Went back and got the small and they fit well. I wear a pair of joggers or sweatpants under them in the winter. It's a bit tough to get them on but once they're on they fit great.

The length is good as well and it helps that they are adjustable at the calf level. 3 different snaps to adjust the pant opening at the shoe which I've found helps a lot.

My cousin swears by the Under Armour rain pants he has. I'll ask what the model is but they almost look like sweatpants. He swears by them.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.