Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Fuji Atmos Tour Spec Black Advice

gunnerdeegunnerdee Members Posts: 4

Hi All, I currently have the Hzrdus Smoke 60 Stiff in my Cobra F9 and have been feeling like it is too boardy for me. My strike consistency has been pretty porr with the shaft as well. I went to my local fitter and tried my F9 with the stock Tour Spec Blue 6s and loved the feel of it, but spin was slightly high. Unfortunately, they never had the 6s or 7s Black for me to try but did have the 6s Black in a M6 (I was told this was not a Tour Spec version of the 6s Black). It performed similar to the Blue Tour Spec 6s with slightly lower spin.

Basically, my question is would I be better with a Black 6s or 7s? 7s seems to be easier to come by on eBay etc but I was unsure if the 7s would be more similar to my existing Hzrdus Smoke? Any advice would be great, this is my first time really exploring using any other shaft than stock.

P.S I replied to an old thread in another folder asking same question, apologies if this is the wrong place.

Comments

• jkim27jkim27 SF Bay AreaMembers Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

What's your swing speed or ball speed with the driver? Going with a bit heavier shaft should definitely bring spin down a bit, but 70g is considered 'heavy' for a driver shaft these days. Also how high were you launching the blue? Need numbers to get a better idea of what would be best for you.

• PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Black is made in anything but Tour Spec. So, if you were swinging the Black, it likely was a Tour Spec.

Just checked their website and there is not non-TS Black. What color was the shaft you swung in the M6? If the main color was black, it was not the Atmos Black; the Atmos Black is actually a white shaft.

Also, in the Atmos line, the 7's are stiffer than the 6's and generally have higher bend points.

Driver: Mizuno ST190G, Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5 flex
    (Fairway woods in progress)
    (Long irons in progress)
    5i - PW: New Level 902, DG Tour Issue X100
    Wedges: New Level M-Type Black 50/54, DG Tour Issue X100 Onyx; Titleist Vokey SM7 60K Black, DG Tour Issue X100 Onyx
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S

• ignitewvuignitewvu Members Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Philomathesq said:
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the Black is made in anything but Tour Spec. So, if you were swinging the Black, it likely was a Tour Spec.

Just checked their website and there is not non-TS Black. What color was the shaft you swung in the M6? If the main color was black, it was not the Atmos Black; the Atmos Black is actually a white shaft.

Also, in the Atmos line, the 7's are stiffer than the 6's and generally have higher bend points.

TM has a made for Black that is available, not remotely the same shaft.

M5 9 Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff
    M3 15 3 Wood Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.1 Stiff
    M1 19 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos Blue 80HB Stiff
    M1 4i @ 39" KBS Tour 105
    Bridgestone J15DPF 5-PW DG Pro S300
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 & 60 DGS200
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • jkim27jkim27 SF Bay AreaMembers Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

I believe one of the Cobra stock shafts is a black (color) version of the Atmos TS black. There was another thread where someone called Fuji to confirm that.

Makes sense that TM has a made for version they pull that crap all the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file