Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Graphite Design Fakes on Ebay

JayMattJayMatt Members Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

This happened a few months ago, but just getting around to post it.

I ordered a GD-IZ on Ebay. From a guy who seemed to have a lot of "used" shafts for sale at great prices. The seller had great reviews, over 100 feedback reviews raving about his products.

I get the shaft and something seemed a bit off.

• First, graphics looked kind of weak, since I have never owned an IZ I was not positive but the looks did not sit right
    • Second, The shaft was ungripped... Odd for a used shaft...
  • Third, The butt of the shaft seemed off, so I cut the grips off two of my other GD Shafts. They were a smooth, matte black with a hologram logo so not even close to matching the picture of what the fake looked like.

I emailed GD and got a response almost immediately, sent them the pics of what I had and they confirmed it was fake. I gave them the name of the Ebay account and the account was gone within 48 hours. So that's a plus. But I still had to go out and purchase another shaft.

Here are pics:
Real on Right, Fake on left. Also the grip section of the fake.

Comments

• Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. These show up on ebay pretty regularly. The font on the "S" for the flex is an easy giveaway, and the rings are always different than legit ones. If the listing doesn't have pictures of either of those two things, it's a good sign it's a fake. Glad you found a real one. It's a great shaft.

Ping GMax 9* Hzrdus Yellow HC/Callaway Epic 9* GD Tour AD IZ
    Cobra F7 3-4w GD Tour AD IZ
    Cobra F7 3h and 4h
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW UST Recoil F4
    Callaway MD4 50/54/58 Fujikura Pro 95
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 KBS CT Tour shaft and Evnroll Gravity Grip
    Callaway Chromesoft Truvis

• WeelaandeerWeelaandeer SwedenMembers Posts: 9 ✭✭

Now, for the interesting part..
    How did these two compare?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list