GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

New Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten putters - Sept 2019

2456710
10

Comments

  • ani5009ani5009 High Bridge, NJMembers  373WRX Points: 79Handicap: 3.1Posts: 373 Greens
    Joined:  #32

    Very interesting. Any idea on a release date for the general public?

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* 
    Titleist TS2 16.5*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Srixon z785 4-P 
    Cleveland RTX 3 50* Gap Wedge
    Cleveland RTX4 54/58
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ZBUCKZBUCK Ghost ClubWRX  1522WRX Points: 126Handicap: 4Posts: 1,522 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #33

    get your hands on one now boys before this becomes the next scotty lawsuit red x

    Posted:
    Instagram: @z.buck


    CALLAWAY EPIC - 10.5° KIYOSHI PURPLE 65 X TITLEIST 915F - 21° / GD TOUR AD DJ 7 X TITLEIST 818 H1 - 23° / HZRDUS BLACK 85 X SRIXON Z745 5-PW / DG TOUR ISSUE S400 VOKEY SM7 50°F, 55°S / KBS 610 125 S+ CALLAWAY PM GRIND - 60° / KBS 610 125 S+ ODYSSEY PROTYPE BLACK 2-BALL
  • nova6868nova6868 Members  5012WRX Points: 344Handicap: 2.1Posts: 5,012 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 10, 2019 #34

    On -, @elwhippy said:

    OK Taylor Made are slaying us left, right and centre.

    Is this actually true? TM is taking putter market share from Odyssey?

    Either way I don't care about them making a "spider", big deal. All the putter companies make their own version of popular head shapes. But Odyssey really should bring back the White Hot Pro or something similar. I just don't think these new inserts are very popular. I never run into people playing them. The only place I see them is in the store, they have a huge stock that seems to never move.

    Posted:
  • double or triple?double or triple? Members  2043WRX Points: 135Posts: 2,043 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #35

    On -, @J13 said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    I love it ! Serves TM right for the high toe wedge.

    haha exactly and also lets not forget Scotty and TM and every other putter company stealing the #7 and countless other Odyssey designs. This looks like an improved version of the Spider. Lower COG and higher MOI than TM's.

    Kinda looks like a combine of scotty(back weight placement) and spider (shape). Bet the roll on it is great. Wonder if it's a new insert as well

    Posted:
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers  4634WRX Points: 234Handicap: 8Posts: 4,634 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #36

    On -, @nova6868 said:

    On -, @elwhippy said:

    OK Taylor Made are slaying us left, right and centre.

    Is this actually true? TM is taking putter market share from Odyssey?

    Either way I don't care about them making a "spider", big deal. All the putter companies make their own version of popular head shapes. But Odyssey really should bring back the White Hot Pro or something similar. I just don't think these new inserts are very popular. I never run into people playing them. The only place I see them is in the store, they have a huge stock that seems to never move.

    I think that is mainly due to prices being higher. I know it's not extravagant, but don't the SL putters start at 350? Average hacker joe doesn't want to pay that haha. not when they may or may not see a huge improvement over their other putters.

    Posted:
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • BirdieBirdieXBirdieBirdieX Members  434WRX Points: 60Handicap: 3Posts: 434 Greens
    Joined:  #37

    Insert looks a little different than the normal Stroke Lab. The "microhinge" is white instead of black. Maybe a new material?

    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 8.5* (HZRDUS HandCrafted 65 Black 6.5)
    Fairway: Titleist TS3 15* (Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80X)
    Hybrid: Titleist TS3 21* (Atmos HB Black 9X)
    Irons: Titleist 718 TMB 4 Iron (Modus3 105X) / 718 AP2 5-AW (Modus3 Tour 120X)
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 Tour Chrome 54D-58D
    Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX  1857WRX Points: 284Handicap: KidsPosts: 1,857 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #38

    On -, @PapaJohick said:

    On -, @nova6868 said:

    On -, @elwhippy said:

    OK Taylor Made are slaying us left, right and centre.

    Is this actually true? TM is taking putter market share from Odyssey?

    Either way I don't care about them making a "spider", big deal. All the putter companies make their own version of popular head shapes. But Odyssey really should bring back the White Hot Pro or something similar. I just don't think these new inserts are very popular. I never run into people playing them. The only place I see them is in the store, they have a huge stock that seems to never move.

    I think that is mainly due to prices being higher. I know it's not extravagant, but don't the SL putters start at 350? Average hacker joe doesn't want to pay that haha. not when they may or may not see a huge improvement over their other putters.

    This is going to be the interesting thing. The Spider X retails for $350. If this is in line with the other Stroke Lab mallets, it will be retail at $250. For the average golfer, I imagine it could be hard to justify the extra cash.

    Posted:

    TaylorMade SIM 10.5* @ 9.5* - Rogue White 130 70 TX

    TaylorMade M5 TI 5 wood 18* @ 17* - Rogue White 130 80 TX

    Miura TC-201 4-PW - Modus 120 TX

    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 50* @ 51*, 54* @ 56* ,60* @ 61* - DG TI S400

    TaylorMade Tour Issue Spider X Copper

  • BirdieBirdieXBirdieBirdieX Members  434WRX Points: 60Handicap: 3Posts: 434 Greens
    Joined:  #39

    This is going to be the interesting thing. The Spider X retails for $350. If this is in line with the other Stroke Lab mallets, it will be retail at $250. For the average golfer, I imagine it could be hard to justify the extra cash.

    I feel like $250 is a great price point for this SL 10. No way the average golfer is going to justify an extra $100 for the Spider X

    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 8.5* (HZRDUS HandCrafted 65 Black 6.5)
    Fairway: Titleist TS3 15* (Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80X)
    Hybrid: Titleist TS3 21* (Atmos HB Black 9X)
    Irons: Titleist 718 TMB 4 Iron (Modus3 105X) / 718 AP2 5-AW (Modus3 Tour 120X)
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 Tour Chrome 54D-58D
    Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego 
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers  4634WRX Points: 234Handicap: 8Posts: 4,634 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #40

    On -, @RonSwanson said:

    On -, @PapaJohick said:

    On -, @nova6868 said:

    On -, @elwhippy said:

    OK Taylor Made are slaying us left, right and centre.

    Is this actually true? TM is taking putter market share from Odyssey?

    Either way I don't care about them making a "spider", big deal. All the putter companies make their own version of popular head shapes. But Odyssey really should bring back the White Hot Pro or something similar. I just don't think these new inserts are very popular. I never run into people playing them. The only place I see them is in the store, they have a huge stock that seems to never move.

    I think that is mainly due to prices being higher. I know it's not extravagant, but don't the SL putters start at 350? Average hacker joe doesn't want to pay that haha. not when they may or may not see a huge improvement over their other putters.

    This is going to be the interesting thing. The Spider X retails for $350. If this is in line with the other Stroke Lab mallets, it will be retail at $250. For the average golfer, I imagine it could be hard to justify the extra cash.

    oh you're right. 250. Not as bad as I thought and ya it would be an easy choice between the two unless you just really don't like the insert on the SL putters.

    Posted:
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #41

    This will sell at $250. Loads of spider x have been sold. Tons. My local shop still giving $250 trade on a mint spider x. Meaning they know they can selll used ones for $300.

    Posted:
  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers  1241WRX Points: 380Handicap: 1.9Posts: 1,241 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #42

    This actually reminds me more of the PXG Operator than the Taylormade Spider. Yes, totally understand it all originated with the Spider...

    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 8* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
    Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
    Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS, 54SS, 60Eye2
    Taylormade Spider 12 Blade - Stability Tour / Yes! Sally12 Long Putter / Yes! Sally12 Std - Evnroll Gravity Grip
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jay_dwightjay_dwight Members  543WRX Points: 160Handicap: .1Posts: 543 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #43

    If the shape wasn’t enough- to name it 10 is just spitting in TM’s face, haha.

    Posted:
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX  1917WRX Points: 455Handicap: 7.3Posts: 1,917 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Sep 10, 2019 #44

    On -, @Doyouevenblade said:

    Please bring the 3 dot alignment to retail

    I love that alignment aid, my OG Odyssey White Hot XG #7 has the 3 dots alignment and I love it.

    On -, @J13 said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    I love it ! Serves TM right for the high toe wedge.

    haha exactly and also lets not forget Scotty and TM and every other putter company stealing the #7 and countless other Odyssey designs. This looks like an improved version of the Spider. Lower COG and higher MOI than TM's.

    THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^. I love how the copying argument gets brought up like Scotty, TM, and others didn't copy any odyssey designs in the past.

    Posted:

    > See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

    Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • TitletownTitletown Members  460WRX Points: 264Posts: 460 Greens
    Joined:  #45

    ok, now this is funny

    Posted:

    Mavrik 10.5° | Mavrik 16.5° | Apex CF19 3-P | MD5 48S, 52S, 56C | Toulon Madison H8

  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Northern CaliforniaMembers  2398WRX Points: 449Handicap: 2.0Posts: 2,398 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #46

    On -, @osubuckeyes691 said:

    This actually reminds me more of the PXG Operator than the Taylormade Spider. Yes, totally understand it all originated with the Spider...

    I thought the same. Something about the lower profile.

    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Mini 
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1 
  • trilinkrealtytrilinkrealty Members  32WRX Points: 9Posts: 32 Bunkers
    Joined:  #47

    I feel like I have seen this putter before

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10627WRX Points: 3,750Handicap: 8Posts: 10,627 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #48

    Taylormade be like...

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members  1831WRX Points: 158Handicap: +1.2Posts: 1,831 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #49

    I like these!

    Posted:
  • kryptic4lkryptic4l Members  20WRX Points: 51Posts: 20 Bunkers
    Joined:  #50

    im content with my odyssey 7 exo :) ill be on the green. Never did like this style

    Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members  957WRX Points: 268Handicap: +18Posts: 957 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #51

    Spider, Phantom, and Operator walk into a Bar...

    Posted:
    TM SIM 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X
    TM SIM 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    Titleist U500 2 HZRDUS Smoke Black 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4, 919 Tour 5-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    TM Spider X Chalk
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4899WRX Points: 538Posts: 4,899 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #52

    LOL nice Spider's

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members  3084WRX Points: 233Posts: 3,084 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #53

    On -, @J13 said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    I love it ! Serves TM right for the high toe wedge.

    haha exactly and also lets not forget Scotty and TM and every other putter company stealing the #7 and countless other Odyssey designs. This looks like an improved version of the Spider. Lower COG and higher MOI than TM's.

    IMO, all of these are variations on the Frankly Frog, some just did more work at disguising it than others.

    Posted:
  • tlehmanntlehmann Members  124WRX Points: 89Handicap: +0.6Posts: 124 Fairways
    Joined:  #54

    Pretty amazing the extent that Odyssey copied TM on this one... Clearly says something about how good the Spider actually is

    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
    Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 Iron / Nippon Modus 120X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
    Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
    Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
    Ping Vault Bergen
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX  1857WRX Points: 284Handicap: KidsPosts: 1,857 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #55

    Tuesday photos show there may already be some early adopters.

    Posted:

    TaylorMade SIM 10.5* @ 9.5* - Rogue White 130 70 TX

    TaylorMade M5 TI 5 wood 18* @ 17* - Rogue White 130 80 TX

    Miura TC-201 4-PW - Modus 120 TX

    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 50* @ 51*, 54* @ 56* ,60* @ 61* - DG TI S400

    TaylorMade Tour Issue Spider X Copper

  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX  1529WRX Points: 213Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #56

    Make one with 3-Dot alignment, slant neck, and WHP or OG WH insert... I might buy 5 of them. :)

    Posted:
    PING G410 LST 10.5 Ventus 60X
    PING G410 LST 14.5 EvenFlow Black 85X
    PING i210 3-UW Project X LZ 6.5
    PING Glide 3.0 54SS & 60TS Project X LZ 6.0
    Odyssey RSX Milled #1
  • SikhGolferSikhGolfer North CarolinaMembers  70WRX Points: 40Handicap: 10.5Posts: 70 Bunkers
    Joined:  #57

    Really interested so see which models make it for the general public and if it really ends up being $250. More choices are better for the consumer!

    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback Driver, F8 3 Wood, F8 3H
    Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54,58
    Toulon Austin 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  363WRX Points: 235Handicap: 2.4Posts: 363 Greens
    Joined:  #58

    I can see a lawsuit coming up so quickly...............

    Posted:

    TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

  • Mike_CMike_C Members  1600WRX Points: 207Posts: 1,600 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 10, 2019 #59

    I see that there is also a new "Bird of Prey" model....

    Maybe this is to compete with this model....

    Posted:
    WITB
    Ping G410 LST 9.0 Tensei CK Orange 60 X
    Ping G410 LST 3W Tensei CK Orange 70 S
    Calaway Epic flash 3 and 4 hybrid, stock stiff Tensei Silver
    Srixon Z585 5 iron Recoil 95 F5
    Srixon Z785 6-PW Recoil 95 F5
    Cleveland CBX 2 52 bent to 51 DG 115 W
    Cleveland CBX 2 54/10 DG 115 W
    Ping Eye 2 SW 57.5 ZZ lite
    Odyssey White Hot #6, back ups Never Compromise Dinero Baron  or Cleveland BRZ 2
    Srixon Z Star or XV
  • Lenny2Lenny2 Members  166WRX Points: 56Posts: 166 Fairways
    Joined:  #60

    Yeah I don’t understand the reasoning not to use the white hot insert? They must not read or listen to customer wants.

    On -, @RH82 said:

    Once again not back to the good ole white hot insert.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J_TizzleJ_Tizzle Hello Members  3560WRX Points: 223Posts: 3,560 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #61

    I actually really like that super bold line.

    Posted:
    G410 10.5* LST -  F9 14.5* - G410 20* & 23* - i500 5-U - Glide Stealth 56* ( at 55*) and 60* - BG F22

    https://Instagram/avgjoesgolf/
10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.