We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Mizuno MP 20 or Titleist 620 MB

Comments

• gripandripgripandrip  1120WRX Points: 177Members Posts: 1,120

I hit them both last night. Wow. Close your eyes and pick. You can't go wrong with either one. I'd probably lean a little more towards the Mizuno... they are soooo smoooth.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5  371WRX Points: 93Members Posts: 371

Interesting. Didn't think about this much but I think its going to come down to how well I can blend the Titleist MB/CB combo with a U510 long iron into the bag compared to the new Mizzy MP20/HMB. Really don't feel like getting into the whole bending of clubs either to make this work for me. I think it looks like I lean to Titleist, I prefer a brushed low glare finish. Thinner top line. I'm not crazy about Mizzy PW at all. Little chunky. Personal pref. Sun glare drives me insane and I dealt with it years ago with AP2. Mizzy shiny finish looks nice new in the shop but over time I dunno. Feel appears to be same. Turf interaction is VERY good with the new MB's. Timeless looking club. Numbers wise I'm not seeing anything different on the MP 20 compared to MP 18 which is strange but not surprising. This is going to be a good head to head cause the numbers don't lie. Who would have thought the new long irons would make/break the deal. Appreciate the feedback.

Posted:
    Post edited by mtnbiker5 on

New MP20 HMB 5. MP20 MMC 6-7. MP20 8-PW ORDERED! Hands down stunning in looks and feel. Numbers were perfect for me. Little more distance was getting compared to MP18's. Feel is without a doubt more solid, butter, pure. The HMB is worlds apart from my FliHi. Beautiful. Apparently 2 weeks out now with all the new orders Mizzy has gotten but well worth the wait. Just beautiful all around and fit perfectly for me. 620 MB/CB were nice but feel and numbers were just better for me. Thanks again. :)

Posted:
  • wis99skiwis99ski  168WRX Points: 24Members Posts: 168

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

New MP20 HMB 5. MP20 MMC 6-7. MP20 8-PW ORDERED! Hands down stunning in looks and feel. Numbers were perfect for me. Little more distance was getting compared to MP18's. Feel is without a doubt more solid, butter, pure. The HMB is worlds apart from my FliHi. Beautiful. Apparently 2 weeks out now with all the new orders Mizzy has gotten but well worth the wait. Just beautiful all around and fit perfectly for me. 620 MB/CB were nice but feel and numbers were just better for me. Thanks again. :)

Did you really feel the copper underlay softness i.e better feel than MP-32?

Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Mizuno JPX 900 with Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 80 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Fairway: 3W Tour Edge Exotics Beta Ti with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80 S[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 18* with UST Mamiya Recoil S[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 forged and MP-32 with Nippon Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driving Iron: Exotics CB PROh 18* with Fujikura Fuel Tour 70 S [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: Scratch 47, Mizuno T5 53*-11, 57*-12 with Modus Wedge 125[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: Cure RX5[/font]

Picked up my new set yesterday and brought a few of my MP18 SC's with me. Noticeable difference in feel. Distance a little bit. It was getting dark which stinks now but will be playing 18 tomorrow. Dispersion better, tighter. I absolutely love the new PW over the MP18 SC PW as well. Looks better at address. Thinner top lines across the board as well which I love. I'm in love with the set. Maybe its me, I went with same KBS shafts I've been playing but the club heads also feel a little lighter which is nice. The HMB is amazing. Much better that my MP18 FliHi as well. Love that club. Beautiful brushed steel finish similar to the Titleist MB but a rocket. The feel is amazing. Timeless....

Posted:
  • BLF0901BLF0901  83WRX Points: 31Members Posts: 83

Mizuno because of the copper layer, the shaft options, and they just plain look like jewelry. The only thing Titleist makes that is worth the premium price they command is their hats, and this includes FootJoy.

Posted:

Advertisement

Agree. Vokey apparel is a rip-off for a lot of their accessories listed on website. Half the crap you can buy on amazon for 1/2 price. Insane the markups

Posted:
  • aquapigaquapig  328WRX Points: 158Members Posts: 328

Thinking about a full set of MMC but not sure if i should go 4i and 5i in HMB.
    I hit the ball really high already, but just figured the HMB would provide a bit more forgiveness in the long irons.
    Then there's the pitching wedge. Not sure about the MMC wedges because he didnt have the MMC wedges in.
    Would a set of Blades in wedges, then 9 thru 6 in MMC and 5 and 4 in HMB be a crazy idea?

Posted:
  • gambitgambit  4333WRX Points: 204Members Posts: 4,333

I like the MP20 looks better, but the offset is a bit much to my eye especially when I compared it against my Blueprints. If offset isn't an issue then I'd go Mizzy for sure.

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt  4725WRX Points: 427Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,725

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

....I'm not crazy about Mizzy PW at all. Little chunky. Personal pref......Numbers wise I'm not seeing anything different on the MP 20 compared to MP 18 which is strange but not surprising.

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

.....Distance a little bit. It was getting dark which stinks now but will be playing 18 tomorrow. Dispersion better, tighter. I absolutely love the new PW over the MP18 SC PW as well. Looks better at address. Thinner top lines across the board as well which I love......

I'm a little confused. Dont like the PW because it is chunky, but you absolutely love the PW, thinner top lines across the board. Numbers wise nothing different on MP20 over MP18, but MP20 longer and tighter dispersion. Can you elaborate a little for those of us that cant make sense of it?

Posted:
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer  1706WRX Points: 318Members Posts: 1,706

On -, @gripandrip said:

I hit them both last night. Wow. Close your eyes and pick. You can't go wrong with either one. I'd probably lean a little more towards the Mizuno... they are soooo smoooth.

Same here I hit them both last week at Roger Dunn.... Did not expect to like the 620 as much as MP-20 but I did..... both so nice so good luck deciding! So I'm no help I just wanted you to know that...

Posted:
    G30 LST
    3 wood M2 HL
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros 4-P
    Cleveland Blob
    SeeMore Butts

Advertisement

Agree. Vokey apparel is a rip-off for a lot of their accessories listed on website. Half the crap you can buy on amazon for 1/2 price. Insane the markups

Posted:

Posted:

I wasn’t a fan of the mp18 pw. Thought it was chunky. I am a fan of mp20 now. Thinner top line Dispersion is tighter. Distance on hmb better than flihi and control better. Mmc no doubt feel better than mmc mp18. Sorry

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt  4725WRX Points: 427Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,725

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

I wasn’t a fan of the mp18 pw. Thought it was chunky. I am a fan of mp20 now. Thinner top line Dispersion is tighter. Distance on hmb better than flihi and control better. Mmc no doubt feel better than mmc mp18. Sorry

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Posted:
  • mizunoMX25mizunoMX25  280WRX Points: 96Members Posts: 280

Have hit both. Give me the Mizuno. I couldn't tell a bit of difference between the CB and MB from Titleist as far as feel. Not much of a difference in forgiveness either. They feel great but not quite copper plated HD Mizunos. The MP20's were easier to hit than I thought they'd be, and having the MMC available as a long iron as a smooth transition to the set is awesome. Very close but I'd go Mizuno.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 GD AD IZ 6S
    Titleist TS2 15* GD AD DJ 7S
    Callaway OptiForce 5W
    818H1 4H 23* 
    Srixon Z785 5-PW Aerotech i110 S
    Calloway MD Forged 50
    Callaway 54/58 PM Grind 2019
    Scotty Cameron Newport / Machine M2A

Advertisement
  • AndusAndus  77WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 77

MP20, was a no brainier for me... Not biased

Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* : Diamana 60X

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* : HZRDUS Smoke 6.5

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 Iron : KBS $-Taper 130X

Srixon Z785 4-8, 9-PW Z-Forged : Nippon 120X

Cleveland RTX 4 52, 56. Vokey 60 : DG TI S400

1998 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TeI3

Just my two cents, they both make great clubs, but, Mizuno makes the best irons. Especially now.

Posted:
  • craz-ecraz-e  4264WRX Points: 374Members Posts: 4,264

Tough one!
    For me the Titleist looks how I want an MB to look but the Mizuno feels like a MB should!.
    The Titleist still feels great but if you test them side by side a pured shot with the Mizuno is pure magic

Posted:
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Titleist 718 CB/MB Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Steele47Steele47  1554WRX Points: 711Members Posts: 1,554

On -, @2putttom said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @Kevinnz said:

On -, @drgolfaholic said:

On -, @Kevinnz said:

Technology wise, mp20.

Care to elaborate?

Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

It's a hunk of metal, man.

well ya but; the metal was mined from the depths of the grey mountains by dwarves, forged by the men of Gondor, quenched with the bladder liquid from Balrog. Final honing done by the Elves of Rivendell and delivered to your front door by the shure footed Hobbits.

He makes a fair point here.

Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........  4490WRX Points: 412Members Posts: 4,490

haters in the house>

On -, @BLF0901 said:

Mizuno because of the copper layer, the shaft options, and they just plain look like jewelry. The only thing Titleist makes that is worth the premium price they command is their hats, and this includes FootJoy.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan  10208WRX Points: 495Members Posts: 10,208

On -, @JStang said:

On -, @2putttom said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

On -, @Kevinnz said:

On -, @drgolfaholic said:

On -, @Kevinnz said:

Technology wise, mp20.

Care to elaborate?

Mizuno did something really interesting with the mp20 and apparently it works!
    Think the 620 is just a traditional mb. No new design tech added.

It's a hunk of metal, man.

well ya but; the metal was mined from the depths of the grey mountains by dwarves, forged by the men of Gondor, quenched with the bladder liquid from Balrog. Final honing done by the Elves of Rivendell and delivered to your front door by the shure footed Hobbits.

You watch too much SciFi.

lol :D I read too many threads about Mizuno Magic.

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7884WRX Points: 244Members Posts: 7,884

I have demoed both in our sim, prefer the look and feel of the MP20.

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • Weston11Weston11  242WRX Points: 85Members Posts: 242

On -, @craz-e said:

Tough one!
    For me the Titleist looks how I want an MB to look but the Mizuno feels like a MB should!.
    The Titleist still feels great but if you test them side by side a pured shot with the Mizuno is pure magic

That’s a perfectly-worded statement. I like the look of the Titleist more - potentially based on familiarity because I’ve played Titleist blades for years - but the MP 20s have a uniquely-pleasant feel that I absolutely loved. The MP 20s are now in my bag based on that feel.

Posted:
    Driver: TS4 9.5 - Hzrdus Smoke Green 70TX
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage DC XT80
    2 iron: Mizuno MP 20 HMB - $ Taper 130X
    Irons: Mizuno MP 20 (4-6 MMC, 7-9 MB) - $ Taper 130X
    Wedges: Mizuno T20 46, and Vokey 51F, 55S, and 59M - DG TI S400 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2
  • theanthonyvtheanthonyv  7WRX Points: 13Members Posts: 7

Mizuno. They’re as revered as they are for a reason. It’s like Porsche. Yes, there’s some dogmatic “me too” consumer behavior with them, but that doesn’t change the fact they’re just flat-out better at doing the primary thing they’re intended to do - execute a task and give maximum feedback while doing it.

Posted:
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3-  385WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 385

On -, @aquapig said:

Thinking about a full set of MMC but not sure if i should go 4i and 5i in HMB.
    I hit the ball really high already, but just figured the HMB would provide a bit more forgiveness in the long irons.
    Then there's the pitching wedge. Not sure about the MMC wedges because he didnt have the MMC wedges in.
    Would a set of Blades in wedges, then 9 thru 6 in MMC and 5 and 4 in HMB be a crazy idea?

T-20’s are calling your name..

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade M3 3HL Ventus Black 7X
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno T20 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 54* & 58* Raw 
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5

Advertisement
  • BLF0901BLF0901  83WRX Points: 31Members Posts: 83

On -, @tsecor said:

haters in the house>
    On -, @BLF0901 said:

Oh, you're one of those guys that blindly defends someone/something and labels people "haters" even if they have valid reasons to dislike that brand.

How about this? My $200 DNA 2.0 lasted just over a season before the soles started coming apart from the upper. The flap on the tongue that you pass the shoestrings through to keep the tongue in place broke on both shoes the first time I wore them. $20 gloves, $50 balls, $30 mesh hats. Yeah...I should be on my knees in front of Titleist, too.

The same brand that tries to run new companies out of the market with frivolous lawsuits the minute they come out with a golf ball that performs and costs half as much as their precious Pro-V1.

**** off.

Posted:

Rick Shiels Mizuno MP20 review? Cant find anywhere. Anyone know what the skinny is here. Always enjoyed his 2 cents worth. Loving the new set.

Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........  4490WRX Points: 412Members Posts: 4,490

On -, @BLF0901 said:

On -, @tsecor said:

haters in the house>
    On -, @BLF0901 said:

Oh, you're one of those guys that blindly defends someone/something and labels people "haters" even if they have valid reasons to dislike that brand.

How about this? My $200 DNA 2.0 lasted just over a season before the soles started coming apart from the upper. The flap on the tongue that you pass the shoestrings through to keep the tongue in place broke on both shoes the first time I wore them. $20 gloves, $50 balls, $30 mesh hats. Yeah...I should be on my knees in front of Titleist, too.

The same brand that tries to run new companies out of the market with frivolous lawsuits the minute they come out with a golf ball that performs and costs half as much as their precious Pro-V1.

**** off.

wow.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 1793WRX Points: 1,022Members Posts: 1,793

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

Rick Shiels Mizuno MP20 review? Cant find anywhere. Anyone know what the skinny is here. Always enjoyed his 2 cents worth. Loving the new set.

All he's going to do is tell you because it's a blade so he feels like he can hit "a fadey one with the 4 iron"

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° Project X Evenflow White 6.5x 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 85g
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 5i-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Vokey SM7 50F 56M 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35"/Bettinardi Kuchar 1 Armlock
    Pro V1x/TP5x/Tour BXS/MTB-X
    Currently - 5.1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.