***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Claw grip users, what grip is on your putter?

MattM97 ·  
MattM97MattM97 Members  1628WRX Points: 708Posts: 1,628 Platinum Tees

Recently it was suggested that I move back to claw grip based on a few things, I've used the claw grip in the past so I'll transition back to it pretty fast. A few grips I have are just not comfortable or compatible for the claw grip so I need to order a few and change up my putters. I'm thinking of going to the Flat Cat and install it Justin Rose style, but I want to see what everyone else is using.

So claw grippers what grip do you have on your putter?

Posted:
WITB - Lefty
Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

Tagged:

Comments

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25593WRX Points: 1,961Posts: 25,593 Titanium Tees

For me, it's the classic Ping AVS mid-size - but any mid-size pistol grip will do the job for me.
    Tried the larger diameter grips but they just never felt comfortable.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CelebrosCelebros Vandalia, OHMembers  447WRX Points: 341Handicap: 0.2Posts: 447 Greens

I've been using a claw grip since 2003 and have always used standard sized putter grips - could never get the grip to feel right with mid/oversized models.

This is what I'm currently using and I've used essentially this same model grip going back to the original Odyssey 2-Ball (the putter I was using when I went to a claw grip):

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback (9*)
    Cobra F8+ (14.5*, 19*)
    Cobra Forged Tour (4-GW)
    Cobra King (56*)
    Cobra King Pur (60*)
    Rife Mr. Beasley (Limited)
    Snell MTB Black
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1628WRX Points: 708Posts: 1,628 Platinum Tees

So seems Claw is like any other grip in terms of preference. I do have the Garsen Max which is probably the worst for Claw grip with the taper.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.

Instagram:

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

Superstroke has that claw specific grip, saw it at GT when I went in to get a flatso.
    https://superstrokeusa.com/product/traxion-claw-putter-grips/
    "Our new Claw® profile is designed to work with the many variations of this fast-growing, deadly accurate putting style. The Claw®’s unique design incorporates a pistol-style top section that helps lock in the upper hand, while its three flat sides increase surface area to accommodate different lower hand positions"

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX  1393WRX Points: 387Handicap: 6.5 and trendingPosts: 1,393 ClubWRX

For me it's the Jumbomax 17"flat

Posted:

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim Max 10.5* | Mitsubishi Tensei Red Regular
    3 WD -        Taylor Made M6 14* | Atmos Orange Stiff 
    HYBRIDS-  Adams Pro A12 2/3/4 | UST VTS Silver Stiff
    IRONS -      PXG Gen 3 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
    WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    GRIPS -      JumboMax XL Ultralight grips on ALL 
    PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
    BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
    BALLS -      Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

• HeckleHeckle Members  133WRX Points: 26Posts: 133 Fairways

On -, @SEP1006 said:

Good looking grip. What putter is that on?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX  1393WRX Points: 387Handicap: 6.5 and trendingPosts: 1,393 ClubWRX

I have it in the Black and Silver color on my PXG Gunboat H, looks really good on there.

Posted:

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

On -, @SEP1006 said:

Are you playing an armlock set up or just have a 17" grip on a regular putter?

I'm actually playing the JumboMaxx Mid-Jumbo on my gamer but it may not be saved after a few changes are made to my putter. That's why I'm asking in case I need to find a new grip.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty

Instagram:

• braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6632WRX Points: 1,923Handicap: 8Posts: 6,632 Titanium Tees

The stock SC grip that came on my Newport 3 works fine for me.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 816 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    KZG Forged 60 LW
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

On -, @MattM97 said:

On -, @SEP1006 said:

I'm actually playing the JumboMaxx Mid-Jumbo on my gamer but it may not be saved after a few changes are made to my putter. That's why I'm asking in case I need to find a new grip.

Not doing the arm lock, just the standard claw grip.

Posted:

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

On -, @SEP1006 said:

On -, @MattM97 said:

On -, @SEP1006 said:

Not doing the arm lock, just the standard claw grip.

Interesting so a 17" grip on a regular length putter. Must get some odd looks when using it but if it works it works.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty

Instagram:

Advertisement

Yeh it had a 15" Ping CB60 counter weighted grip on it when I bought it but I putted so good I wasn't going to change it. It also felt very balanced so I wanted the same weight on the grip end ( 130 grams ). Anyway when I put the Jumbomax on there I put a 3" extension in the shaft before putting the grip on. I'll take a pic tonight and post tomorrow if you want.

Posted:

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

• Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3257WRX Points: 459Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,257 Titanium Tees

On -, @kmay__ said:

Superstroke has that claw specific grip, saw it at GT when I went in to get a flatso.
    https://superstrokeusa.com/product/traxion-claw-putter-grips/
    "Our new Claw® profile is designed to work with the many variations of this fast-growing, deadly accurate putting style. The Claw®’s unique design incorporates a pistol-style top section that helps lock in the upper hand, while its three flat sides increase surface area to accommodate different lower hand positions"

This is the one I have on mine.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
    Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • blairdblaird Biloxi, MSMembers  2225WRX Points: 164Posts: 2,225 Platinum Tees

I have the superstroke claw grip on my putter now and the putter I had before. Before the claw grip came out, I was using the flatso 2.0 on all my putters. Either of those grips feel good to me with how I claw/grip the putter.

Posted:

On -, @SEP1006 said:

Yeh it had a 15" Ping CB60 counter weighted grip on it when I bought it but I putted so good I wasn't going to change it. It also felt very balanced so I wanted the same weight on the grip end ( 130 grams ). Anyway when I put the Jumbomax on there I put a 3" extension in the shaft before putting the grip on. I'll take a pic tonight and post tomorrow if you want.

Here's a pic:

Posted:

PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 

On -, @SEP1006 said:

On -, @SEP1006 said:

Here's a pic:

That's not as bad as I thought honestly. I think the pics on the Jumbo Max site make the 17" grips look like they're driver shafts in terms of length.

Maybe I'll order one I do like the feel and weight of their putter grips.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty

Instagram:

Advertisement
  • Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game... Members  260WRX Points: 80Handicap: 8Posts: 260 Greens

Superstroke slim 1.0

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.