GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Ping Glide Eye2 with Snell MTB-X, Bridgestone Tour B RX and X.

jjfcpa ·  
jjfcpajjfcpa Golf NutOmaha, NEMembers  915WRX Points: 307Handicap: 12Posts: 915 Golden Tee

I did some testing with these 3 golf balls on a 50 yard chip with my Ping Eye2 54* and Skytrak. I tried 5 shots with each ball and eliminated any outliers due to my swing. Just to confirm the results, I did this 3 times.

I was surprised at the performance of the Tour B X. Lower launching, higher spinning than the other two, but the distance was less than the MTB-X even though the ball speed was slightly higher.

The Tour B RX was the lowest spinning of the 3 and the launch angle was about the same as the MTB-X but distance was less... maybe a yard or two. Ball speed was about the same as the MTB-X.

The MTB-X was a good performer for distance but spun a few hundred RPMs less than the B X.

I really liked the feel of the MTB-X and the B X, and the MTB-X actually felt like a softer ball, but I think its actually got a higher compression. The RX felt slightly softer than the other two and typically came up with a yard or two less distance. Spin was also 500-800 rpms less.

I've been playing the MTB-X for the last few months and I really like the performance of this ball, but I'm going to take advantage of the lower price of the Bridgestone balls and pickup a dozen of the B X and see how they perform in on-course performance.

Also spent some time putting with the MTB-X in comparison to the B X and found that the B X actually seemed to travel a little further when struck with the same approximate force. I actually like this. The feel off the putter was very similar so adapting to the B X or visa versa would be pretty easy.

Posted:

Mavrik Driver 10.5* Recoil ES440 F2

Mavrik 3w Recoil ES440 F2

Mavrik 5w Recoil ES440 F2

Mavrik 4h Recoil ES Smacwrap 760 F2

Callaway Apex CF19's 5i - PW Recoil 760 F2

Callaway MD5 48* - 54* Project X Catalyst 80

Callaway Chrome Soft 2020

Stroke Lab One

Comments

• StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1892WRX Points: 310Handicap: ?Posts: 1,892 Platinum Tees

Soooo...Which one gets the keep stamp on it?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.