Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

PING CB60 15" counter-balanced pistol grip

johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone using this and how do they like it?
Is this for standard length (~34") putters as well as longer ones?

Comments

• cljdancljdan Members Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

I don't use that version, but I use what I think is the previous version (see below). I bought the Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Counter Balanced putter a couple of years ago that had the grip pictured below and I absolutely love it! I can feel a big difference between my CB putter and a regular one. Regular putters felt too light and they didn't feel steady to me. This putter and grip allows me to feel the putter head better than a normal putter/grip. The other thing I like is that its thicker than normal, but not a jumbo type grip which fits my hands and feel better. My putter is 38" and the grip is 17", its recommended to grip down on the putter to get the most out of the CB feature so I'm not sure how it would work on a regular length putter. Also, I think the combination of heavier head (mine is 400g vs 340g for Anser 2 Traditional head) and CB grip work together so if the putter is normal weight I don't know if the CB grip would throw things off too much.
    I know its not an exact match but if you have the feeling like the putter is too light or trouble feeling where the head is a counterbalanced grip might help.
    Thanks for the post OP as it reminds me I should probably be looking for some replacement grip(s) for my putter since earlier this summer I installed the backup I bought last year.

Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver w/Fujikura 757 XStiff
    Taylormade 2017 HL 3W 16.5
    Ping I20 Hybrids 17 & 20 Stock Stiff
    Ping IE 1 5-PW White Dot w/Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 CB
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54.10S & 58.12K
  • johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response.
    I'm probably going to try it on my 34" Voss.
    Every putter I pick up feels too light to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file