Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

eBay question

crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I sold a club on the bay ( yeah I know my 1st mistake) now after the guy having it for 3 weeks he wants a return because he didn’t like the reshaft, am I screwed for the return. It’s was a tour club so I think he bit off more than he could swing and is having buys remorse. .

Thanks
Chris

Tour issue Taylormade M4 with Ozik Tp7x or m6 with a hulk
PXG 0341 gen 2 15 with TPT 15 
Tour issue p790 3i with steelfiber 110x
PXG 0311p 4-p C-Taper Lite 115x
PXG 50-54-60 0311t milled C-taper Lite 115x
Tour issue Heavy Spider X

Comments

• UncleJohn’sBandUncleJohn’sBand Members Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am the one who bought the club. Happy for you to bring this issue here.

Full story for those who want it/care. Those of you who know me know I played professional golf (Canadian tour, all the works) and as I stated in my first message to the seller, I hadn’t had the opportunity to play the club for three weeks due to a wrist injury. When I finally got it out yesterday, I noticed in the sunlight that the face seemed to be flattened or eventually ready to cave. I took it to my head pro who agreed that face was flat.

When I contacted the seller he asked for photos, which I provided and claimed that it must have happened in shipping. He referenced a “scratch” on the toe of the club that must have come from the shipping which is visible in his photos. The photos also have his thumb covering a shotty reshaft and an unturned ferrule (not disclosed in the add). I have no issue with either of these things as I had been playing a HC 6.5 yellow in my pervious fairway so I was happy with the different profile, just unhappy about it not being disclosed that Taylormade did not so the work. Simply an issue I brought up, NOT the reason for the return. The reason for the return is the face of the club.

I messaged you last night and told you the situation which you got quite combative about, particularly in the last message. I have no issue with you as a seller, however to question my ability to hit the club, and to question my intentions about this club really irks me and I am very glad I asked for a refund before I hit the club. I have attached the photos I sent you regarding the face as well as your last message accusing me of something “fishy”. My feedback here as well as my feedback on eBay should show that this is the first time I’ve ever done something like this and the first return I have ever requested.

Titleist 915 D3 Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
    Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Titleist 913hd Matrix Altus
    Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-Pw PjX 6.5
    Tour issue 52, 56 60 Vokey 200 SM4
    Odyssey Versa no. 7

Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Odyssey Versa no. 7

Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Odyssey Versa no. 7

Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Odyssey Versa no. 7
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Buyer's remorse for sure. You're SOL, buyer. Sounds like an entitled "tour pro". Take it to TaylorMade with your "face crack" issue but good luck getting anything tour issue covered under warranty. Go hit the club and test it yourself. Maybe go test your wrist injury that you were medically cleared for and maybe you're not completely healed if you don't hit it well.

• crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Refund issued eBay just blows imo

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can a club with twist face be checked by the credit card test?

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

No it can’t and I hit the club 290 the day before listing it. Ebay is crap and so I just took back the club and I will keep in the back up bag.

I don’t see how it can’t be used as I was specifically talking about a point in the middle of the face, not on the heel or toe.

I know it sucks dude, I think it sucks too. I really wanted to hit this club, and I was really looking forward to it, but it didn’t look right to me yesterday and it didn’t look right to my head pro either. Don’t know what else to say dude.

Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Odyssey Versa no. 7
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you pay to ship it back?

• larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why you think it's ok to buy a club, receive it and don't ever look at it for a month? Even If I wasn't able to play, I'd certainly be checking out my purchase immediately. You lucked out and the seller got hosed.

TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H

I’ll be happy to pay to ship it back, absolutely I have zero problem with that.

Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Odyssey Versa no. 7

My thoughts exactly if it was a day or 3 I would had taken it back no issues but you didn’t look at it for 3 weeks. That was my issues.

It’s water under the bridge so just send it back and so I can give it a good home.

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe that's just the twist face you're noticing?

I don't think the seller or the buyer has bad intentions.

How about a picture of the club outdoors in the shade? It's tough to see anything in those pics.

Also, why don't you take the club to someone who's a TaylorMade club expert or compare the club to the exact club at a large golf retailer. It might just be the twist face.

• gary3acesgary3aces Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭

That's what would have done.Bought a club once and thought sure it was a fake and took it to Golf Galaxy and they verified that it was a fake.Any time I buy on Ebay the first thing I do is check it out all over.Why wait so long.I also sold a driver on Ebay and the buyer said there was something wrong with it because his buddy had the same one.Said he couldn't hit it the same as his buddy's but he didn't wait 3 weeks.When I got it back I took it to Golf Galaxy and they said there was nothing wrong with the driver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file