Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

C-taper lite.... what in driver/FW?

mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting.....Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was recently fit, at club champion, for the c-taper lite for my irons. I’m wondering which driver/fw shafts would best fit along the same profile as the c-taper lites?

WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The C-Taper shafts are similar to many of the "low/low white" profiles. The closest matches look like the Tensei Pro Orange, Diamana D+, and Kuro Kage Silver series. The OEM Tensei CK Orange is fairly close as well if you want something cheaper but you'd probably want to up the flex as it is a much softer shaft than the Pro Orange.

Just as a word of caution though, matching your wood shafts to your iron shafts does not guarantee they will work for you. Its a decent place to start but is not a sure thing.

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70xx || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* FujikuraMotore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* DiamanaBlueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Valtiel said:
    The C-Taper shafts are similar to many of the "low/low white" profiles. The closest matches look like the Tensei Pro Orange, Diamana D+, and Kuro Kage Silver series. The OEM Tensei CK Orange is fairly close as well if you want something cheaper but you'd probably want to up the flex as it is a much softer shaft than the Pro Orange.

Just as a word of caution though, matching your wood shafts to your iron shafts does not guarantee they will work for you. Its a decent place to start but is not a sure thing.

I totally understand and thank you for giving me some suggestions. Where were you able to find the comparison to the shafts that you listed?

WITB

• steeletaylorsteeletaylor Inlet Beach, FLMembers Posts: 45 ✭✭

I play the KBS C-taper lite shafts in my irons as well and found that driver and wood shaft profiles vary depending on your swing tempo, AoA, speed, etc. For example, some low/low profiles work well for me and some don't. Shafts like the Project X Evenflow black work in my fairway wood, but I need a little more spin and launch in my driver for optimum launch conditions. Going with a higher launch shaft in my driver and sometimes one with more spin can help me have more distance and control. I tend to like the Graphite Design AD-IZ and the Tensei CK pro blue for a driver. Finding the correct weight also makes a difference. Bottom line, you need to get fit for your driver and woods too in order to have a better understanding of what works best for you.

If you want an easy stock shaft offering to look at with a similar bend profile to the c-taper, check out the project x evenflows. From what I understand, the even bend from butt to tip is similar to the constant taper of the c-taper. These shafts tend to be more affordable as they are often zero up charge options for a few manufacturers.

Taylormade R11s - stock Aldila Rip Phenom Stiff 65g
    Callaway GBB 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 75g stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro '19 4-pw - KBS C-Taper Lite stiff +1/2" and 1* up
    Cleveleand RTX 3.0 50* 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold wedge shafts +1/2"
    Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 35"

• cfmgolfcfmgolf Members Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a few of the posts are confusing the standard C Taper and the C Taper Lite. They are very different animals. The standard CT is quite stout, low spin, and heavy, while the CT Lite is a less on all counts. I played the CTL for a few years and had quite a bit of good luck with it. I don't have a driver / FW recommendation for you - really need to hit a few and see what works best for YOU. Just want to point out the differences in the iron shafts to avoid confusion.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Cobra F9 3/4W w/ Smoke Shaft 1/2" Short 
    Callaway Rouge 3H & 4H
    Ping G700 5-P w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Ping Glide Forged 48*
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 52*
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 56*
    Odyssey Blade 
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cfmgolf said:
    It looks like a few of the posts are confusing the standard C Taper and the C Taper Lite. They are very different animals. The standard CT is quite stout, low spin, and heavy, while the CT Lite is a less on all counts. I played the CTL for a few years and had quite a bit of good luck with it. I don't have a driver / FW recommendation for you - really need to hit a few and see what works best for YOU. Just want to point out the differences in the iron shafts to avoid confusion.

I totally understand what you’re saying. I was fit into the C-Taper Lite and definitely not the standard CT, they’d be way to stout for me. I know I’ll need to get fit for driver/FW just thought I’d ask to see if there were profiles that would match the CTL since they fit me really well.

WITB

• getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 10:45pm #7

Ctaper lite is on the higher end of mid launch and between low and mid spin...not low/low.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file