GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

C-taper lite.... what in driver/FW?

mBiden2 ·  
mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting.....Atlanta, GAMembers  1119WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,119 Platinum Tees

I was recently fit, at club champion, for the c-taper lite for my irons. I’m wondering which driver/fw shafts would best fit along the same profile as the c-taper lites?

Posted:
WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45” and tipped 1”)

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43” and tipped 1”)

UDI - ***under construction***

Irons - ***under construction***

Wedges: TaylorMade MG 2 Raw (48 bent to 50-11, 54-11, 56 bent to 58-14 degrees) - Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34”

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3965WRX Points: 1,984Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,965 Titanium Tees

The C-Taper shafts are similar to many of the "low/low white" profiles. The closest matches look like the Tensei Pro Orange, Diamana D+, and Kuro Kage Silver series. The OEM Tensei CK Orange is fairly close as well if you want something cheaper but you'd probably want to up the flex as it is a much softer shaft than the Pro Orange.

Just as a word of caution though, matching your wood shafts to your iron shafts does not guarantee they will work for you. Its a decent place to start but is not a sure thing.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1119WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,119 Platinum Tees

On -, @Valtiel said:

The C-Taper shafts are similar to many of the "low/low white" profiles. The closest matches look like the Tensei Pro Orange, Diamana D+, and Kuro Kage Silver series. The OEM Tensei CK Orange is fairly close as well if you want something cheaper but you'd probably want to up the flex as it is a much softer shaft than the Pro Orange.

Just as a word of caution though, matching your wood shafts to your iron shafts does not guarantee they will work for you. Its a decent place to start but is not a sure thing.

I totally understand and thank you for giving me some suggestions. Where were you able to find the comparison to the shafts that you listed?

Posted:
    WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45” and tipped 1”)

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43” and tipped 1”)

Wedges: TaylorMade MG 2 Raw (48 bent to 50-11, 54-11, 56 bent to 58-14 degrees) - Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

• steeletaylorsteeletaylor Inlet Beach, FLMembers  90WRX Points: 37Posts: 90 Fairways

I play the KBS C-taper lite shafts in my irons as well and found that driver and wood shaft profiles vary depending on your swing tempo, AoA, speed, etc. For example, some low/low profiles work well for me and some don't. Shafts like the Project X Evenflow black work in my fairway wood, but I need a little more spin and launch in my driver for optimum launch conditions. Going with a higher launch shaft in my driver and sometimes one with more spin can help me have more distance and control. I tend to like the Graphite Design AD-IZ and the Tensei CK pro blue for a driver. Finding the correct weight also makes a difference. Bottom line, you need to get fit for your driver and woods too in order to have a better understanding of what works best for you.

If you want an easy stock shaft offering to look at with a similar bend profile to the c-taper, check out the project x evenflows. From what I understand, the even bend from butt to tip is similar to the constant taper of the c-taper. These shafts tend to be more affordable as they are often zero up charge options for a few manufacturers.

Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - MCA Tensei AV Blue 65x
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - MCA Tensei AV Blue 75x
    Callaway Apex Pro '19 4-pw - KBS C-Taper Lite stiff +1/2" and 1* up
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50* 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold wedge shafts +1/2"
    Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 35"

• cfmgolfcfmgolf Members  697WRX Points: 130Handicap: 5-9Posts: 697 Golden Tee

It looks like a few of the posts are confusing the standard C Taper and the C Taper Lite. They are very different animals. The standard CT is quite stout, low spin, and heavy, while the CT Lite is a less on all counts. I played the CTL for a few years and had quite a bit of good luck with it. I don't have a driver / FW recommendation for you - really need to hit a few and see what works best for YOU. Just want to point out the differences in the iron shafts to avoid confusion.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow
    Cobra F9 3/4W w/ Tensei Blue 1/2" Short 
    Callaway Rouge 3H & 4H
    Ping G710 5-P w/ KBS Tour 120
    Cleveland CBX 2 48*
    Cleveland CBX 2 52*
    Cleveland CBX Full Face 56*
    TM Spider X 34" blue
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1119WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,119 Platinum Tees

On -, @cfmgolf said:

It looks like a few of the posts are confusing the standard C Taper and the C Taper Lite. They are very different animals. The standard CT is quite stout, low spin, and heavy, while the CT Lite is a less on all counts. I played the CTL for a few years and had quite a bit of good luck with it. I don't have a driver / FW recommendation for you - really need to hit a few and see what works best for YOU. Just want to point out the differences in the iron shafts to avoid confusion.

I totally understand what you’re saying. I was fit into the C-Taper Lite and definitely not the standard CT, they’d be way to stout for me. I know I’ll need to get fit for driver/FW just thought I’d ask to see if there were profiles that would match the CTL since they fit me really well.

Posted:
    WITB

• getitdailygetitdaily Members  3791WRX Points: 705Handicap: +.5Posts: 3,791 Titanium Tees

Ctaper lite is on the higher end of mid launch and between low and mid spin...not low/low.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.