Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Gfore Shoes

kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of LifeJr. Boomers Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I tried to go a couple of searches and didn't come up with much. I'm looking to get some new classy looking shoes. I saw the GFore Peter Millar and Gfore Gallivanter. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I would just wear these when I play and I usually ride as well.

Comments

• trilinkrealtytrilinkrealty Members Posts: 24 ✭✭

I don't have that model. But I did get a pair of G/fores and they are the most comfortable shoe I've worn right out of the box. Tons of grip and they really do "massage your soles"

• malamigmalamig Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

I own about 7 pairs of g/fores, after the first pair, Im never going back to any other shoe. More grip that most shoes with spikes, so dont worry about them being spikeless.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* AD-DI 6X
    3w: Titleist 917F2 13.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* Oban Devotion 04
    3i: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi AMT X100SS
    4i-PW: Mizuno MP-18 AMT X100
    50*, 55*, 60*: Mizuno T7 AMT X100SS
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
  • kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of Life Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@malamig said:
    I own about 7 pairs of g/fores, after the first pair, Im never going back to any other shoe. More grip that most shoes with spikes, so dont worry about them being spikeless.

I want the classic looking ones, how do they hold up?

• Hokie2k5Hokie2k5 Members Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They hold up nicely, as nice or nicer than anything else out there (Footjoy, Nike, etc).
    I had to wear mine a couple of times but after that they are amazing. I got a blister my first wear but after that I've been good.

TS3 8.5* KKDC Silver TiNi 70TX
    917F2 15* Diamana LTD Blue 80TX
    816H1 19* MRC Tensei Blue 80X
    718 TMB 4-W KBS $-Taper S+
    SM7 50F/54S/58D KBS Tour S+
    Cameron 009 SSS 350
  • CSmithAMGCSmithAMG GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 165 ClubWRX

I have switched entirely to GFore from both Nike and FJ. I don’t think I’ll ever buy anything else. The initial attraction is that (unlike Nike) they make a 12.5. I have 6 pairs of Gallivanters and I love them. The insole is ridged so it feels like a foot massage. I walk/carry often and they feel great. The support is excellent and they don’t feel heavy. The tread does tend to get pretty clogged especially in the fall and winter. You’ll need an air hose to clean them off well. That said they maintain traction even when a little gummed up. I’ve only had one pair of disrupters and I didn’t like them as much.

Callaway Epic SZ with HZRDUS smoke green 70g 6.55<br />Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3wood HZRDUS yellow 6.5 <br />Callaway Epic 3 hybrid Hzrdus Black 85<br />Callaway Apex Pro Irons KBS Tour 130<br />Callaway MD Forged wedges S400<br />Scotty Cameron Futura 7M<br />Taylormade TP5X
  • vallygolfvallygolf Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭

I have two pairs of the Gallivanters. Blue and Black of the photo below. Good shoe, as noted the tread does get really clogged and tracks grass and dirt into the car, house, etc, unless you really clean them out. I have been offered multiple times to buy the shoes on the spot. Never had that experience before. As far as comfort, not better or worse than other comfortable brands.

• scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

Do these (any model) develop creases towards the toes after several rounds?

Taylormade M5 9 - Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 - Aldila Tour Green 85TX
    Srixon Z U85 2 - DG TI X100
    Srixon Z 765 4-PW - DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 - DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider Limited
  • hurley999shurley999s Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Yes, any leather shoe that isn’t cordovan (and I don’t know of any golf shoes that are) will crease. It’s the nature of the leather.

• endlesswintercoendlesswinterco Members Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CSmithAMG said:
    I have switched entirely to GFore from both Nike and FJ. I don’t think I’ll ever buy anything else. The initial attraction is that (unlike Nike) they make a 12.5. I have 6 pairs of Gallivanters and I love them. The insole is ridged so it feels like a foot massage. I walk/carry often and they feel great. The support is excellent and they don’t feel heavy. The tread does tend to get pretty clogged especially in the fall and winter. You’ll need an air hose to clean them off well. That said they maintain traction even when a little gummed up. I’ve only had one pair of disrupters and I didn’t like them as much.

So your the one always bidding against me on eBay! Haha. 12.5 here as well, three pairs so far. I made the switch from Tour360s and haven’t looked back.

• groachgroach Members Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

@CSmithAMG said:

So why didn't you like the Disrupters? Those are the pair I've been considering. The wing tips looks rad, don't get me wrong, but I would never wear those with shorts. I like a more sporty look, which is why I went all in an Air Max 1's in white, black, and grey. But I was looking for a blue pair of shoes and really like the look of these :

DR: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3W: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder X
    Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 SC - C-Taper X
    Wedges (52,58): Mizuno T7 - C-Taper X
    Putter: Spider X
    Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis
    Glove: Titleist Players
    Shoes: Nike Air Max 1

@groach said:

@CSmithAMG said:

So why didn't you like the Disrupters? Those are the pair I've been considering. The wing tips looks rad, don't get me wrong, but I would never wear those with shorts. I like a more sporty look, which is why I went all in an Air Max 1's in white, black, and grey. But I was looking for a blue pair of shoes and really like the look of these :

Glad you asked. I have only had one pair (white and black with large G4 on the heel). My buddy who also wears G4 told me they were an older model and the newer ones were improved. The ones I had felt flatter in the footbed and not as soft. You could also look at the MG4 for a sportier look. If you do, order a half size up as they run small.

Callaway Epic SZ with HZRDUS smoke green 70g 6.55<br />Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3wood HZRDUS yellow 6.5 <br />Callaway Epic 3 hybrid Hzrdus Black 85<br />Callaway Apex Pro Irons KBS Tour 130<br />Callaway MD Forged wedges S400<br />Scotty Cameron Futura 7M<br />Taylormade TP5X
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭✭

The g/fore x peter millar is so good. I have 4 pairs of the brown brogue gallivanters and 1 pair of the white gallivanters. I also have a handful of other g/fore's as well. Great shoes and I always get compliments on them!

Ping G410+
    Callaway GBB Epic 5W 
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P790 4i-Aw
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • ryder2015ryder2015 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭

Love the G4 shoes. I did get a pair of the MG4 and have to admit I don't like them at all. There is no grip or support. slipped all day long. These however just got added to my closet

• scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

@ryder2015 said:
    Love the G4 shoes. I did get a pair of the MG4 and have to admit I don't like them at all. There is no grip or support. slipped all day long. These however just got added to my closet

So clean!

Taylormade M5 9 - Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 - Aldila Tour Green 85TX
    Srixon Z U85 2 - DG TI X100
    Srixon Z 765 4-PW - DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 - DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider Limited
  • kobe123kobe123 Golf Is A Way Of Life Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like i'm going to pony up and buy a dang pair.

• capnstabncapnstabn Members Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 3:47pm #17

@ryder2015 said:

Wow was about to pull the trigger on some MG4.1s until I saw this. Have you liked any mesh style golf shoe in the past?

• BirdyjuiceBirdyjuice Members Posts: 4

These look so slick, my only problem is what do you actually wear them with? They seem too fancy for just a pair of shorts and golf shirt. It would seem like you would have to wear them with pants for them to look right. Am i wrong?

• Buckets2Buckets2 Members Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Who wears these with shorts?

I just ordered the patriot blue disruptors. The wings look amazing but I feel like they would look ridiculous with shorts.

• jjcjjc Members Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

I think I’m up to 4 or 5 pairs of gallivanters. They are the most comfortable golf shoe out of the box.

I’m an old FJ classic person (had about 30 pairs). Wanted the look but something more comfortable. Gfore nailed it. Only issue is the tread is aggressive but will get gummed up so you will need to use a brush or tee to clean them out during a round. Tried the disruptors but the cut in the front dig into my toes.

• Buckets2Buckets2 Members Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone wear the galls but walk the course as opposed to ride? Obviously when a player walks the shoes have a more extensive set of requirements

As Buckets2 and others have asked - does anyone wear the galls with shorts and or walking the course?

• mbbrewermbbrewer Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve walked about five rounds with my Galivantors. As others have said they are very comfortable and the mid sole feels like a foot massage. My biggest concern is the leather is rubbing off on the tongue and top of the heel.

@groach said:
    As Buckets2 and others have asked - does anyone wear the galls with shorts and or walking the course?

@Buckets2 said:
    Anyone wear the galls but walk the course as opposed to ride? Obviously when a player walks the shoes have a more extensive set of requirements

I walk most of my rounds in Gallivanters. I’ve never had any issues. I think the pintucks are the most comfortable of them

• troublelovetroublelove Members Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭

I like them with shorts.
    Never had an issue with the leather rubbing BUT like all proper leather shoes, they need looking after. Make sure they properly dry out after a round and use a leather treatment once in a while.
    I wore them for a 36 hole walking day last week and they were awesome.

PXG Gen 2 X MCA Diamana BF
    Callaway Epic 15* GD AD I
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* GD AD I
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50,54,58
    Scotty Cameron Custom Notchback
    TP5x
  • mbbrewermbbrewer Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree and I do both of what you suggest however this shouldn’t happen after 5 rounds.

@troublelove said:

I like them with shorts.
    Never had an issue with the leather rubbing BUT like all proper leather shoes, they need looking after. Make sure they properly dry out after a round and use a leather treatment once in a while.
    I wore them for a 36 hole walking day last week and they were awesome.

• bjypbjyp Members Posts: 2

I found these after seeing them on Ian in one of his TXG videos. I ordered the Gallivanters and they look amazing.

However, I have wide feet, and they do run on the narrow side. Similar fit to the Nike shoes. I have a flyknit racer G and that type of material is more suited to wide feet. I don't think I'll purchase another but they do look great.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file