Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Grind/bounce similar to Adam Scott 60 degree

WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited Sep 11, 2019 5:37pm in WRX Club Techs #1

Hey all, looking for a little help, I used to be a big fan of the full sole 60 degree, I went away and I think Ive made a bit of a mistake going away from it. I always like the versatility and feeling of forgiveness. I currently use a 60-08M that is alright but I've been looking around.

The grind I'm talking about is like Phil talks about in his 'secrets of the short game' which is an old x-forged 60-10, the other player on tour I've noticed that uses a wedge like that is Adam Scott. His is a K-Grind, but not the 14 bounce option that's stock from Vokey that I find a little excessive. I know I can't get that and I want to ask, what current wedge on the market has this full sole grind like this? Fairly absent of heel and a toe relief without a massive amount of bounce. I've attached a few pictures of his wedge from his WITB.

A lot of people have seen more than wedges than I have. It's hard to find pictures of wedges and their grinds. Two leads I have without being able to see them in person is I believe the new milled grind 2 standard bounce option has a sole similar to this, second one is the full sole RTX 4 option from Cleveland?

I'd appreciate the help, thank you!

Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"

Comments

• TrueWRXTrueWRX Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Low bounce K grind or maybe the New Jaws Callaway Low Wide bounce

• mizunoMP14mizunoMP14 IndianaMembers Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭

vokey had a couple of limited release wedgeworks lower bounce k. I think one version had 6 degrees bounce.
    another one with the same grind is the cleveland RTX 2 60 wide. It had 6 or 8 degrees bounce and very similar to k grind.
    both of these are no longer made, but i have see new/mint ones on ebay recently.
    I am also a k grind person and want less bounce and i am just going to have a standard k ground down to about 10 degrees.

M4 10.5* Aldila Copperhead 70tx
    M3 3hl 17* Accra RPG 382 m5
    Apex Hybrid 20*  AD-DI 105x
    3 & 4 UDI Dynamic Gold 120
    5-pw Honma 737vn Dynamic Gold
    50* 56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
    SeeMore FGP Deep Flange
  • bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I personally just grind all of my lob wedges to reduce heel bounce. I have mostly all raw lob wedges so I can customize them to get a similar wedge.

• WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Members Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mizunoMP14 said:
    vokey had a couple of limited release wedgeworks lower bounce k. I think one version had 6 degrees bounce.
    another one with the same grind is the cleveland RTX 2 60 wide. It had 6 or 8 degrees bounce and very similar to k grind.
    both of these are no longer made, but i have see new/mint ones on ebay recently.
    I am also a k grind person and want less bounce and i am just going to have a standard k ground down to about 10 degrees.

I honestly don't know, do they grind the trailing edge to reduce the bounce on a K?

Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
    Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
    Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
    TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
    Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Wdwfreak said:

@mizunoMP14 said:

I honestly don't know, do they grind the trailing edge to reduce the bounce on a K?

You can go on wedgeworks get a raw K and have them trail edge grind which should reduce bounce down from 14

Just a Pricey wedge

• mizunoMP14mizunoMP14 IndianaMembers Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2019 12:49am #7

@Wdwfreak said:

@mizunoMP14 said:

I am going to have them just take down the whole sole a bit , reducing the camber and thus reducing bounce and allowing the leading edge to sit closer to the ground. This is similar to what the low bounce K from wedge works is. I am still looking for a club builder to do this, no one near me will grind wedges that i have found.
    The trail edge relief on the K is the J grind and does reduce effective bounce, just in a different way

M4 10.5* Aldila Copperhead 70tx
    M3 3hl 17* Accra RPG 382 m5
    Apex Hybrid 20*  AD-DI 105x
    3 & 4 UDI Dynamic Gold 120
    5-pw Honma 737vn Dynamic Gold
    50* 56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
    SeeMore FGP Deep Flange

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file