GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Grind/bounce similar to Adam Scott 60 degree

Wdwfreak ·  
WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin ProudMembers  1142WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,142 Platinum Tees

Hey all, looking for a little help, I used to be a big fan of the full sole 60 degree, I went away and I think Ive made a bit of a mistake going away from it. I always like the versatility and feeling of forgiveness. I currently use a 60-08M that is alright but I've been looking around.

The grind I'm talking about is like Phil talks about in his 'secrets of the short game' which is an old x-forged 60-10, the other player on tour I've noticed that uses a wedge like that is Adam Scott. His is a K-Grind, but not the 14 bounce option that's stock from Vokey that I find a little excessive. I know I can't get that and I want to ask, what current wedge on the market has this full sole grind like this? Fairly absent of heel and a toe relief without a massive amount of bounce. I've attached a few pictures of his wedge from his WITB.

A lot of people have seen more than wedges than I have. It's hard to find pictures of wedges and their grinds. Two leads I have without being able to see them in person is I believe the new milled grind 2 standard bounce option has a sole similar to this, second one is the full sole RTX 4 option from Cleveland?

I'd appreciate the help, thank you!

Posted:
Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"

Comments

• TrueWRXTrueWRX Members  2132WRX Points: 423Posts: 2,132 Platinum Tees

Low bounce K grind or maybe the New Jaws Callaway Low Wide bounce

Posted:

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mizunoMP14mizunoMP14 IndianaMembers  704WRX Points: 113Posts: 704 Golden Tee

vokey had a couple of limited release wedgeworks lower bounce k. I think one version had 6 degrees bounce.
    another one with the same grind is the cleveland RTX 2 60 wide. It had 6 or 8 degrees bounce and very similar to k grind.
    both of these are no longer made, but i have see new/mint ones on ebay recently.
    I am also a k grind person and want less bounce and i am just going to have a standard k ground down to about 10 degrees.

Posted:
    M4 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80x
    M3 3hl 17* Fuji Pro95 x
    RSI UDI 2  KBS Tour
    4-pw Mizuno MP-64 Dynamic Gold
    50* 56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
    Directed Force 2.1T
  • bradskibradski Members  2414WRX Points: 168Posts: 2,414 Platinum Tees

I personally just grind all of my lob wedges to reduce heel bounce. I have mostly all raw lob wedges so I can customize them to get a similar wedge.

Posted:
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin Proud Members  1142WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,142 Platinum Tees

On -, @mizunoMP14 said:

vokey had a couple of limited release wedgeworks lower bounce k. I think one version had 6 degrees bounce.
    another one with the same grind is the cleveland RTX 2 60 wide. It had 6 or 8 degrees bounce and very similar to k grind.
    both of these are no longer made, but i have see new/mint ones on ebay recently.
    I am also a k grind person and want less bounce and i am just going to have a standard k ground down to about 10 degrees.

I honestly don't know, do they grind the trailing edge to reduce the bounce on a K?

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
    Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
    Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
    Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX Members  2132WRX Points: 423Posts: 2,132 Platinum Tees

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

On -, @mizunoMP14 said:

I honestly don't know, do they grind the trailing edge to reduce the bounce on a K?

You can go on wedgeworks get a raw K and have them trail edge grind which should reduce bounce down from 14

Just a Pricey wedge

Posted:

• mizunoMP14mizunoMP14 IndianaMembers  704WRX Points: 113Posts: 704 Golden Tee

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

On -, @mizunoMP14 said:

I am going to have them just take down the whole sole a bit , reducing the camber and thus reducing bounce and allowing the leading edge to sit closer to the ground. This is similar to what the low bounce K from wedge works is. I am still looking for a club builder to do this, no one near me will grind wedges that i have found.
    The trail edge relief on the K is the J grind and does reduce effective bounce, just in a different way

Posted:
    M4 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80x
    M3 3hl 17* Fuji Pro95 x
    RSI UDI 2  KBS Tour
    4-pw Mizuno MP-64 Dynamic Gold
    50* 56* 60* Vokey SM6 Dynamic Gold
    Directed Force 2.1T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.