GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

I can’t tell you just how much I love this grip.

Joelsim ·  
JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

I have it on three putters so far and another awaiting fitting.

The Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Lite is simply perfect in size, takes all the wristy movements out and just gives me so much confidence. I’ve got it on my Huntington Beach, my Betti Slotback and my SC California Del Mar, and it’s also going on my Toulon at some point in the next few days.

Head shape is of secondary importance to the grip IMO, it just works wonderfully.

Love it, shape, size and weight. So comfortable, and allows me to grip the putter like a feather.

Posted:
Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).

Comments

• scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members  311WRX Points: 145Handicap: 4.0Posts: 311 Greens

How does that Piretti grip compare?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

Very, very similar in size and shape, I really like it. The fat grip that is. Not keen on the Garsen Quad, which I’m changing for a Fat Grip, on order. The Garsen feels weedy and the wrong shape entirely and the club is all over the place as I can’t get comfortable with it. Both the Winn and the Fat Grip feel as if you can use 1/10 pressure to keep it in place. That Piretti is also being cut down by an inch as I prefer a 34”.

Posted:
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • b_teetb_teet Denver, COMembers  80WRX Points: 50Posts: 80 Fairways

Have you tried a SuperStroke in the past? Can you give any comparison to feel of the Winn vs. the SS? Has it improved your putting?

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 10.5
    Titleist TS2 15
    Titleist TS2 3H
    Callaway Apex 16
    Callaway Mackdaddy 3 50,55,60
    Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

On -, @b_teet said:

Have you tried a SuperStroke in the past? Can you give any comparison to feel of the Winn vs. the SS? Has it improved your putting?

Yes.

I’m really not a Superstroke fan, find them uncomfortable and more importantly, anything but a good fit for hands, ergonomically very poor.

The Winn has definitely improved my putting, it fits like a glove and allows me to grip the club with the lightest possible pressure. I haven’t tried an SS pistol though, that may help matters, I don’t like the round ones at all.

Posted:
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers  841WRX Points: 236Posts: 841 Golden Tee

I played a jumbo excell grip for a longtime. Went back to a conventional grip recently. But the white hot pro2.0 version of the winn jumbo grip is really good. Might have to find a rossi with that grip

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 910FD 13.5
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Adams Pro Mini 23
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-pw 
    Cleaveland Rtx4 Raw 50mid, 56mid, 60low
    Taylormade TP Juno.
    2018 Players 5 Stand Bag
    2017 Srixon Z Star

On -, @Bobb3rdown said:

I played a jumbo excell grip for a longtime. Went back to a conventional grip recently. But the white hot pro2.0 version of the winn jumbo grip is really good. Might have to find a rossi with that grip

The Dri-Tac is about 1/3 of the weight of the Excel Jumbo.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jonesry09jonesry09 Excelsior, MNMembers  84WRX Points: 49Handicap: 9.9Posts: 84 Fairways

Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like a similar shape to my old style SuperStroke pistol grip gtr 1.0. I love the shape. Would be interested to compare the two of them.

Posted:

On -, @jonesry09 said:

Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like a similar shape to my old style SuperStroke pistol grip gtr 1.0. I love the shape. Would be interested to compare the two of them.

Not sure about the sizing of the 1.0 GTR, but the Winn is bigger in diameter than a SS 2.0 Mid Slim.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.