***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Need a wedge recommendation

JasonPetermann ·  
JasonPetermannJasonPetermann Members  545WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4Posts: 545 Golden Tee

I play a 60* Callaway PM Grind 19. I LOVE it out of the bunkers, but just do not acre for the feel of it on full shots. It does ok, but I would like to find something with a more traditional shape that is just as good out of the bunker, but is nice for full shots as well. I am looking at a Vokey, and am wondering what grind might be similar. Never played Vokeys before...

PS - I played off of the hard Oklahoma ground...

Posted:
TaylorMade Sim Max 10.5 w/ Stock Ventus Red
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood w/Ventus Blue (velocore)
Ping G410 4 Hybrid w/Alta CB 70
Ping G410 5 hybrid w/Alta CB 70
Callaway Apex Pro 5-AW w/Steel Fiber i80
Callaway MD4 - 54
Callaway MD5 - 60
PXG Bat Attack
Callaway Chrome Soft/Z-Star
Sun Mountain 2017 Sync

Comments

• Tampajoe3Tampajoe3 Members  324WRX Points: 84Posts: 324 Greens

Why not stay with the Callaway line? IMO, the MD 4 is the best wedge they've made to date. I like the C grind. I know they have just announced the new Jaws MD 5 wedge though.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60
    Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood with Aldila Rogue Silver 60
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 hybrid with Aldila Tour Green
    Cobra F6 4-5 hybrid with Matrix Red Tie
    Callaway Apex 19  6-AW irons with Nippon Modus 105
    Callaway MD Forged 52 with Nippon 990 shaft
     Callaway MD4 56 with Nippon Modus 105
    Callaway MD4 60 with Nippon Modus 105
    Odyssey Exo #7 or O-works #7 or Odyssey Works #7 or Bettinardi Studio Stock 9
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JasonPetermannJasonPetermann Members  545WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4Posts: 545 Golden Tee

I could stay with that line. And the X grind looks great for tight lies. I am just worried about it our of the sand. The PM grind is MONEY out of sand

Posted:
    TaylorMade Sim Max 10.5 w/ Stock Ventus Red
    Callaway Mavrik 5 wood w/Ventus Blue (velocore)
    Ping G410 4 Hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Ping G410 5 hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-AW w/Steel Fiber i80
    Callaway MD4 - 54
    Callaway MD5 - 60
    PXG Bat Attack
    Callaway Chrome Soft/Z-Star
    Sun Mountain 2017 Sync
  • BrianM18BrianM18 Members  105WRX Points: 60Posts: 105 Fairways

i like the S grind in my vokey, just simple square face shots

Posted:
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  749WRX Points: 233Handicap: 3Posts: 749 Golden Tee

Vokey SM7 60.10 S grind seems like it would work the best for you in a Vokey considering you play off hard turf. Would have recommended the D grind which I use in my lob wedge and it works great for bunker and full shots, but 12 deg bounce might be a bit too high for playing off hard pan.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • LaznastyLaznasty The Amazing Golf Ball Whacker Guy Valparaiso, IndianaMembers  825WRX Points: 261Posts: 825 Golden Tee

mizuno t20 wedge

Posted:
    Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
    PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
    PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
    Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.