***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Forged irons with plenty of offset.

bunta ·  
buntabunta Members  833WRX Points: 487Posts: 833 Golden Tee

one of my playing partner is looking for forged irons that has plenty of offset. Hes a good player that shoots around higher 70s, but has gotten very used to offset irons over the years. Hes currently playing G20 Pings (cast) and looking for forged irons with similar offset.. But he no longer wants shovels like his G20s. He wants a much smaller profile iron. Im not familiar with older irons so here i am asking for help.

Please recommend...

Posted:
TS3 / 785 / SM7 / Anser W

Comments

• agolf1agolf1 Members  2066WRX Points: 1,242Posts: 2,066 Platinum Tees

I would also be interested in a smaller clubhead with more offset. However, I am not aware of anything (forged or more players CB head) with Ping G series amounts of offset. You could bend the clubs 2 degrees strong, which would probably add something like 0.03 to 0.06 (I've seen differing estimates of the impact of each degree) of offset back. This won't get you to the G series type of offset but it may get you closer to something like AP1s.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dhen9dhen9 Members  908WRX Points: 189Posts: 908 Golden Tee

Maltby PTM. Not exactly players sized but plenty of offset.

Posted:
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members  4039WRX Points: 353Posts: 4,039 Titanium Tees

Baldo TTX forged is pretty compact with offset. Check out the Miura IC-601 as well. Plenty of offset and smaller heel to toe. Wider sole though.

Posted:
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • sphna12dsphna12d Members  549WRX Points: 139Posts: 549 Golden Tee

Sounds like Bridgestone JGR CB’s are what he’s looking for.

Posted:
  • gwelfgulfergwelfgulfer OnteribleMembers  563WRX Points: 342Handicap: 5-25Posts: 563 Golden Tee

Curious as to why it needs to be a 'forged' club given there are so many that say 'forged', when its pretty well only the face that is. I would think the natural progression from some Ping G series irons would be into the I line, or possibly the S.

Posted:
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members  1166WRX Points: 274Posts: 1,166 Platinum Tees

Scratch EZ-1 v1 if you can find a set. Plenty of offset with a really thin topline. Definitely not a short blade length however.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PearSorbet17PearSorbet17 Members  8WRX Points: 14Posts: 8 Bunkers

Epon AF-705

Posted:
  • agood3puttagood3putt Members  2254WRX Points: 1,116Posts: 2,254 Platinum Tees

The new Mizuno MP20 HMB irons are forged and look to have a pretty decent amount of offset

Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Raw White 65

PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70

PING G410 20.5* Accra FX 2.0 300H 

Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW Modus 105

Callaway MD5 50W/54S/58X KBS $-Taper 120 Black

Bettinardi QB6 SBS DASS Tour Dept

Titleist ProV1x

• ian-500ian-500 Members  1086WRX Points: 292Handicap: 12Posts: 1,086 Platinum Tees

Any 7 series Epon, or how about a PRGR Egg Forged from 2010 - 2012. I like the champagne finish.

Posted:
    DR: Callaway Rogue SZ 9° + Diamana W60x.
    FW: in the making.
    HY: Callaway Apex19 4h 23° + Tour AD IZ 95x.
    Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
    Wedges: iCleveland RTX3 52/58
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300.
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members  4407WRX Points: 239Handicap: 6ishPosts: 4,407 BST Banned

Mizuno MX200

Posted:
  • buntabunta Members  833WRX Points: 487Posts: 833 Golden Tee

thank you for the recommendations but some of these have not nearlyyy enough offset for him. The only one that comes close and he would most likely roll with are the Bridgestone JGR CB Forged.

Man because of you guys i just started looking at more Japanese brands.. Some of these irons are incredible.

Posted:
    TS3 / 785 / SM7 / Anser W

Advertisement
  • jblough99jblough99 Members  1069WRX Points: 292Posts: 1,069 Platinum Tees

2015-2016 Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. Has alot of offset, would look pretty similar to the G series Pings but forged and a bit more compact. There are still new sets floating around in Ebay.

Posted:
    Driver - SIM 10.5 (at 8.5) Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    Fairway - SIM Titanium 15 (at 14.25) Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8X
    Fairway - SIM Titanium 19 (at 18.25) Fujikura Ventus Black 9X
    Irons - 2019 Cobra King Forged MB 5-GW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Sand Wedge - Cobra MIM Black 56.10 Versatile KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125
    Lob Wedge - Cobra MIM Black 60.04 Widelow KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125 
    Putter - Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12

• BiggErnBiggErn Members  2936WRX Points: 797Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees

On -, @sphna12d said:

Sounds like Bridgestone JGR CB’s are what he’s looking for.

These have more offset than any forged iron I’d ever seen.

Posted:
  • hkphooey00hkphooey00 Members  27WRX Points: 58Posts: 27 Bunkers

On -, @jblough99 said:

2015-2016 Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. Has alot of offset, would look pretty similar to the G series Pings but forged and a bit more compact. There are still new sets floating around in Ebay.

I agree with the JPX EZ Forged. Here's a list of the irons I've previously owned or considering for my next set. The EZ-Forged has the most offset. Forged irons in red fonts.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy - 10.5* 
    4 Wood: Tour Edge EX10 - 16.5* 
    3H/4H: Honma 737 UT 19* & 22*
    5-PW: Nike Covert 2.0 Forged
    GW: Cleveland CBX - 50*
    SW: Cleveland RTX 3.0 CB - 56*
    Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Tatum
    Garmin S20
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  3114WRX Points: 533Handicap: 7.6Posts: 3,114 ClubWRX

From what the OP says, the Epon Tour CB checks every box. Healthy offset (which I also like), fully forged, not shovels but not too small, and there is no better feeling iron in the world than an Epon head, because it is Endo’s house brand. To me the Tour CB combines offset, soft forging and players shape as well as any model. Not a difficult club to hit.

Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • agolf1agolf1 Members  2066WRX Points: 1,242Posts: 2,066 Platinum Tees

On -, @bunta said:

thank you for the recommendations but some of these have not nearlyyy enough offset for him. The only one that comes close and he would most likely roll with are the Bridgestone JGR CB Forged.

Man because of you guys i just started looking at more Japanese brands.. Some of these irons are incredible.

Yeah, it's funny. Compared to Ping G series the offset on these is still low (wedges are similar but the progression to the lower lofts isn't as strong). Personally, I'm looking for something around 0.3 inches in the 24-25 degree range and 0.1+ in the gap wedge.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)

Advertisement
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, CanadaUnregistered  2130WRX Points: 395Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,130 Platinum Tees

On -, @bunta said:

one of my playing partner is looking for forged irons that has plenty of offset. Hes a good player that shoots around higher 70s, but has gotten very used to offset irons over the years. Hes currently playing G20 Pings (cast) and looking for forged irons with similar offset.. But he no longer wants shovels like his G20s. He wants a much smaller profile iron. Im not familiar with older irons so here i am asking for help.

Please recommend...

New Level 1031. The most offset I have seen on a player's cavity style iron. It has at 4.5-4.8mm of offset depending on what iron you are using. I have them and they feel just as soft as any iron out there and they are pretty hot for an iron of this size. Lofts aren't atypical (Mizuno MMC and Srixon Z785) but they still fly pretty good. I don't know if they are widely available to demo but if your friend is interested PM me I know the owner Eric and I might be able to get your friend a way to test them.

https://www.newlevelgolf.com/1031-specs

Posted:

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.