***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Best Stand bag that fits well on a golf cart? Older or Newer

OrangeGravy ·  
OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers  1712WRX Points: 427Handicap: $$Posts: 1,712 Platinum Tees

I have a few bags and none of them fit well on a golf cart. The shape of the bottom of the bags just doesn't fit right. Even the couple staff/cart type bags I have don't fit particularly well! I prefer stand bags because I walk also sometimes. Is there a stand bag out there, past or present, that is also designed to fit well on the back of a golf cart?

Posted:

Comments

• agood3puttagood3putt Members  2254WRX Points: 1,116Posts: 2,254 Platinum Tees

I just picked up a TaylorMade FlexTech stand bag and it works like a charm on the cart. It has a cart pass through strap to keep it in place when riding. Pretty light weight and durable feeling materials too

Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Raw White 65

PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70

PING G410 20.5* Accra FX 2.0 300H 

Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW Modus 105

Callaway MD5 50W/54S/58X KBS $-Taper 120 Black

Bettinardi QB6 SBS DASS Tour Dept

Titleist ProV1x

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BrianM18BrianM18 Members  105WRX Points: 60Posts: 105 Fairways

the ones without a "foot" seem to be the best, the new titleist or the pings seem to be the best. the titleist players 4 was nice on the cart. and my current ping 4 series is good as well

Posted:
  • OakRockHackerOakRockHacker Members  83WRX Points: 58Handicap: 14Posts: 83 Fairways

On -, @AG12 said:

I just picked up a TaylorMade FlexTech stand bag and it works like a charm on the cart. It has a cart pass through strap to keep it in place when riding. Pretty light weight and durable feeling materials too

I have last year's FlexTech model and agree that it is great on a cart. My only minor complaint would be that mine doesn't have the pass through like the newer models, and the strap blocks access to the marker spot (not a big deal) and limits access to the large apparel pocket, but it sounds like this year's version has that fixed. Also works great on my Caddytek push cart.

Also agree that anything without the "foot" for the stand activation will be best for cart us.

Posted:
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers  1712WRX Points: 427Handicap: $$Posts: 1,712 Platinum Tees

Thanks. I'll take a look at those.

Posted:
  • rkelso184rkelso184 Members  353WRX Points: 196Posts: 353 Greens

The ping hoofer is great. Ogio 14 way bag is Mint. TaylorMade 12 way hybrid is also great.

Posted:
  • cpeck12cpeck12 Lefty Boomers  595WRX Points: 104Posts: 595 Golden Tee

Love my new Ping Hoofer for the cart. Pass-through for the cart strap is great to have.

Posted:

Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917F2 3w
    Titleist 818 H1
    Titleist T100 5-PW
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i
    Vokey SM6 52*, 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

Advertisement
  • 6thFairway6thFairway Members  1861WRX Points: 152Handicap: 11Posts: 1,861 Platinum Tees

Titleist Hybrid 5. I even put the woods in the back and wedges up front, which is opposite most stand bags and more like a cart bag. There are issues with the Hybrid 5 (water bottle holder, strap system) but it's great as a cart bag with a stand.

Posted:
  • Mystery252Mystery252 Members  41WRX Points: 24Posts: 41 Bunkers

Sun Mountain 5.5

Posted:
  • IsaundersIsaunders Carstairs, ABMembers  78WRX Points: 44Handicap: 3Posts: 78 Fairways

Titleist player 4 or 5

Posted:
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members  1507WRX Points: 265Posts: 1,507 Platinum Tees

the newer Titleist bags post Sun Mountain have a pretty flat bottom that works great on push carts

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Sjewell94Sjewell94 Members  103WRX Points: 54Posts: 103 Fairways

Agree with everyone on the Titleist Player 4/5. Slim and light for carrying, fits on a push cart, and works great on a cart.

Posted:

TS2 9.5, 15, 18
    718 T-MB 4i
    718 AP2 5i
    716MB 6i-P
    SM7 52.08
    SM7 56.10
    SM7 60.10
    Newport 2

Advertisement
  • BlujacketBlujacket Members  19WRX Points: 19Posts: 19 Bunkers

Sun Mountain three-5 has worked well for me

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3836WRX Points: 797Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

All Sun Mountain bags since they went with the 'cart friendly bottom' (it's been many years now) and the PING Hoofer and 4 Series have been just fine on carts.

Posted:

• Katke87Katke87 Members  162WRX Points: 58Handicap: 9Posts: 162 Fairways

My buddies and I have had great luck with the aftermarket velcro-attached cradles for Clicgear/Rovic carts (available on the Clicgear website). When properly attached, just about any stand bag fits very well

Posted:
    Cobra F9 driver, 12.5°, A flex
    Cobra F9 5 wood, 20°, A flex
    Cobra F7 3h (19°), A flex
    Cobra Baffler 4h (23°), A flex
    Titleist 718 AP1, 5-gap wedge, Tensei CK series, A flex
    Ping Glide 3.0 56°/14° 
    Callaway 2017 PM Grind 60°/10°
    All grips Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0, Bettinardi/Lamkin deep etch grip
    Titleist Player 4 bag
    Headcovers Stitch, HeadGear, Jan Craig, Fore Ewe, Winston Collection
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Rovic & Clicgear push carts
  • SchulzmcSchulzmc Members  102WRX Points: 75Posts: 102 Fairways

Another advantage of the Titleist 4 is that the straps easily disconnect so you can put them in the side pocket and out of the way while on the cart.

Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9791WRX Points: 1,674Posts: 9,791 Titanium Tees

"best" is subjective but I've had about 5 different bags and sun mountain is always the top. Really any of them would be good but I have a 5.5LS and it fits on a cart fine.

Posted:
    D - SIM Max 9* Ventus Black 6x
    4w - SIM Ti Diamana B 80x
    5w - Speedzone FX 2.0 380 or Speedzone 4i Modus 105x
    Irons - P760 4-PW | Modus 120x
    Glide 3.0 50/54/58 S400 Tour Issue
    Spider X or Huntington Beach #1 or Toulon San Diego
    Ball - BXS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.