Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Did I buy a fake x12?

 Nofehr00 ·  
Nofehr00Nofehr00 ClubWRX  86WRX Points: 48Handicap: +1Posts: 86 ClubWRX
Joined:  in Deal or No Deal? #1

So a few weeks ago I was at a established local golf shop and they had an x12 for a great deal so I bought it. Ordered heavier weights for it and noticed the existing 15’s were hollow! I weighed them and they are 8g each! I have compared this side by side to real 15g weights and the font is different also. The putter looks spot on though but I then found x12’s on that stupid Chinese fake site. What do you think?

Posted:
1

Comments

  • osh9osh9 Members  342WRX Points: 57Posts: 342 Greens
    Joined:  #2

    The font on the sole does look different from the font on the sole of my X6

    Posted:

    TaylorMade SIM Max 9* Ventus Black 6x

    Cobra King F9 14.5* Ventus Blue 8x

    Ping G410 19* Tour AD DI 105x

    Cobra 2020 King Forged Tec 4-GW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

    Titleist Vokey SM8 54.12D, 58.14D Dynamic Gold X100

    Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3699WRX Points: 1,227Posts: 3,699 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3

    From doing some comparisons to other putters I think it's real.

    Posted:
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  655WRX Points: 291Handicap: PoorPosts: 655 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #4

    The "SCOTTY CAMERON" font looks skinny and less substantial than it should be, but maybe that's just the lighting.

    Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    Its fake

    Posted:

    Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3357WRX Points: 460Handicap: 13Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    Post some pics of the crown and face.

    Posted:
  • nfmotonfmoto Members  250WRX Points: 97Posts: 250 Greens
    Joined:  #7

    Take some pics outside in the sun from all angles to be sure, but I'm leaning towards fake.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • drake47drake47 Members  1435WRX Points: 134Posts: 1,435 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #8

    The entire black sole plate has textured finish on the real one, yours seems to be smooth.

    Posted:
    Driver - Callaway Mavrik SZ - Hzrdus Yellow
    Fairway - 5 wood TM SIM - Diamana Ltd.
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 - Tour 85
    Irons - Callaway Apex Forged Smoke 4-PW
    Wedges - Callaway Jaws 5, Callaway PM Grind
    Putter - Kenny G G10
  • PrutPrut Miles City, MontanaMembers  711WRX Points: 126Posts: 711 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #9

    Put it up for sale on ebay. Titleist will let you know within minutes if it's fake.

    Posted:
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3357WRX Points: 460Handicap: 13Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @drake47 said:

    The entire black sole plate has textured finish on the real one, yours seems to be smooth.

    The x12 doesn't have mill marks on the sole plate.

    Posted:
  • crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members  836WRX Points: 119Posts: 836 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #11

    Sorry buddy that is fake.

    Posted:
    Tour issue Cobra Speedzone 9 with Ventus black 6x
    PXG 0341 gen 2 15 Ventus black 7x
    Tour issue p790 3i with steelfiber 110x
    PXG gen3 0311p 4-p C-Taper Lite 115x
    PXG 50-54-60 0311t milled C-taper Lite 115x
    Tour issue Heavy Spider X Or Circle T golo 3
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4150WRX Points: 901Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    If it came with fake weights that are not anywhere close to the weight they should be, I’d guess the whole thing is fake.

    Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #13

    Those weights are definitely aftermarket
    and from what I can see of the putter, that looks pretty suspicious too.
    If you bought it from a golf shop, I'd take it back.

    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @thevaporz said:

    On -, @drake47 said:

    The entire black sole plate has textured finish on the real one, yours seems to be smooth.

    The x12 doesn't have mill marks on the sole plate.

    Yes they do. You’re looking at a CG image in your linked image. With that said if you don’t know what you’re talking about then stay out of the conversation.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3357WRX Points: 460Handicap: 13Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #15
    Posted:
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  655WRX Points: 291Handicap: PoorPosts: 655 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #16

    The milling is a weird thing, because it appears in the PIG images of the sole (https://pluggedingolf.com/scotty-cameron-phantom-x-12-putter-review/) but this current BST listing makes the milling very tough to see (https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1791516/phantom-x12-scotty-fs-ft).

    Posted:
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17

    That putter has mill marks on the sole. Zoom in.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #18

    This is mine the sole film makes it pronounced but under it, the milling is less evident when removed.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @Olde Maroon said:

    The milling is a weird thing, because it appears in the PIG images of the sole (https://pluggedingolf.com/scotty-cameron-phantom-x-12-putter-review/) but this current BST listing makes the milling very tough to see (https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1791516/phantom-x12-scotty-fs-ft).

    You’re looking at compressed image quality with WRX and higher resolution with PIG and lighting. The lighting needs to be right for milling to show clearly.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

    WITB Link
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  655WRX Points: 291Handicap: PoorPosts: 655 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @ckay said:

    On -, @Olde Maroon said:

    The milling is a weird thing, because it appears in the PIG images of the sole (https://pluggedingolf.com/scotty-cameron-phantom-x-12-putter-review/) but this current BST listing makes the milling very tough to see (https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1791516/phantom-x12-scotty-fs-ft).

    You’re looking at compressed image quality with WRX and higher resolution with PIG and lighting. The lighting needs to be right for milling to show clearly.

    Right. I should have been clearer. The issue is interesting because unless you take really high quality pics, it looks like there are no milling marks. Basically, I get why it's confusing, and why it's tough to tell from the pics OP provided.

    Posted:
  • Nofehr00Nofehr00 ClubWRX  86WRX Points: 48Handicap: +1Posts: 86 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #22

    I compared mine side by side to a brand new one in a pro shop and mine looks identical to it. They both have very fine mill marks on the bottom you need to look close to see. The only thing throwing me is the weights. The fact mine is a 34” with sticker on it and those come with 15g weights. So why would a person buy after market weights supposedly the same weight? I’m also not ruling out it’s the best fake ever either or that Cameron’s quality control slipped and they just made a crappy set of weights. I really don’t know? Unfortunately it’s dark out so I can’t get a pic good enough to show the milling.


    phot

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3699WRX Points: 1,227Posts: 3,699 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23

    Like I said before, it's real. A fake of that putter would be very bad and obvious.

    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  31008WRX Points: 7,293Handicap: NONEPosts: 31,008 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #24

    Why not call Cameron and email pics.

    The weirdest thing to me is the drilling under the weight ports. That speaks to me like someone trying to lose weight and leave it looking stock. I’d say it’s real with aftermarket work.

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan   53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • DoucerDoucer Members  304WRX Points: 94Posts: 304 Greens
    Joined:  #25

    Agreed. Maybe someone pulled the factory weights to sell and replaced it with aftermarket cheap weights?>

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    Why not call Cameron and email pics.

    The weirdest thing to me is the drilling under the weight ports. That speaks to me like someone trying to lose weight and leave it looking stock. I’d say it’s real with aftermarket work.

    Posted:
  • LycokayakerLycokayaker NJMembers  81WRX Points: 67Handicap: to highPosts: 81 Fairways
    Joined:  #26

    I was looking at one too on ebay and did a bunch of looking and asking around on some other groups on facebook about scottys gears and everywhere I read the X12 was to new to be faked.... Maybe you just got fake weight but a legit x12?

    Posted:

    I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  655WRX Points: 291Handicap: PoorPosts: 655 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @Nofehr00 said:

    I compared mine side by side to a brand new one in a pro shop and mine looks identical to it. They both have very fine mill marks on the bottom you need to look close to see. The only thing throwing me is the weights. The fact mine is a 34” with sticker on it and those come with 15g weights. So why would a person buy after market weights supposedly the same weight? I’m also not ruling out it’s the best fake ever either or that Cameron’s quality control slipped and they just made a crappy set of weights. I really don’t know? Unfortunately it’s dark out so I can’t get a pic good enough to show the milling.


    phot

    Hey OP, did you ever get in touch with Scotty Cameron/Titleist about this? Did you go through the store at which you bought it? I'm curious about how this was resolved and why the weights were fake if the putter itself is real. Thanks in advance for the update.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Nofehr00Nofehr00 ClubWRX  86WRX Points: 48Handicap: +1Posts: 86 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #28

    I bought a fake tour rat a while back (on accident obviously) and went through the whole process with Titleist and Paypal so i would some i know a ton about the process. They won't verify anything unless it's in their possession, not even comment. I held this up to a new in plastic x12 at a local pro shop and they are spot on identical. i think someone must have been **** around with weights and had some extra 15s and put those in it because the 15's were definitely off. Not a big deal as i like the 20g anyway but i'm selling this and a few others on BST just now ironically.

    Posted:
  • Nofehr00Nofehr00 ClubWRX  86WRX Points: 48Handicap: +1Posts: 86 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @Lycokayaker said:

    I was looking at one too on ebay and did a bunch of looking and asking around on some other groups on facebook about scottys gears and everywhere I read the X12 was to new to be faked.... Maybe you just got fake weight but a legit x12?

    exactly

    Posted:
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  655WRX Points: 291Handicap: PoorPosts: 655 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #30

    On -, @Nofehr00 said:

    I bought a fake tour rat a while back (on accident obviously) and went through the whole process with Titleist and Paypal so i would some i know a ton about the process. They won't verify anything unless it's in their possession, not even comment. I held this up to a new in plastic x12 at a local pro shop and they are spot on identical. i think someone must have been **** around with weights and had some extra 15s and put those in it because the 15's were definitely off. Not a big deal as i like the 20g anyway but i'm selling this and a few others on BST just now ironically.

    Sounds good. Thanks for the update and sorry it didn't work out for you. Have a great day.

    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.