Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Callaway preowned sale

 Girevik ·  
GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott 853Members Posts: 853
Joined:  in Deal or No Deal? #1

For those so inclined, Callaway preowned is having a sale up to 30% off depending on what you spend. I just placed an order for an Epic Flash driver in like new condition for about 310 and a Mack Daddy 4 sand wedge also like new for about 50 after discounts. If the conditions are as advertised I will be a happy puppy with those deals.

Posted:
Sto Pro Veritate
«1
2

Comments

  • endyendy  3322Members Posts: 3,322
    Joined:  #2

    Definitely some good deals to be had especially on iron sets or anything over $300

    Posted:
    Srixon Z785 9.5* Fuji Ventus 7X
    Srixon F85 13.5* Atmos Black TS 8TX
    Srixon H85 19* Oban Kiyoshi Black 90X
    Srixon Z785 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Cleveland RTX-4 50/54/60 TI S400
    Toulon Garage Columbus
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jmac13jmac13  761Members Posts: 761
    Joined:  #3

    Yep, I ordered a set of Apex 19 6-PW for $500 and added a 50° md4 for ~$60. All in like new condition. That’s a lot better than the $1000 it would have cost in March when they came out.

    Posted:
  • dethmandethman  404Members Posts: 404
    Joined:  #4

    ordered an epic flash driver SZ 'like new' condition last week and received it on friday. had a mark on the crown which bugged me at address so they are sending me another one.

    Posted:
    M1
    M2 3HL
    X2Hot 19 Hybrid
    Apex CF16 4-W
    SM5 54, 60
    Golo 3
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #5

    For those who have ordered, how long does it generally take to get stuff shipped? I am so spoiled by Amazon Prime.....

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • jjgottjjgott  105Members Posts: 105
    Joined:  #6

    Usually ships out next business day unless you got some adjustments to it like length, lie or grip. Then it gets shipped out 2 business days after order. CPO works fast.

    Posted:
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #7

    Does CPO send shipping notifications or do you just watch the porch for a new box?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #8

    I did get an e-mail with tracking number, but the order status was updated on my CPO account a couple of hours before i got that.

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 2930Members Posts: 2,930
    Joined:  #9

    I pulled trigger on 718 AP1 5 thru W set for $400. Hoping "average" isn't beat up too bad. I had a bad experience last time I ordered, hoping this one is better.

    Posted:
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Black Lab BL-1
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #10

    @Girevik said:
    I did get an e-mail with tracking number, but the order status was updated on my CPO account a couple of hours before i got that.

    Okay, shipping confirmation finally came through. Must be a bit slow following the sale. Can’t beat a like new Flash Sub Zero for $180 out of pocket after 30% and a trade in!

    Posted:
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #11

    @GHIN n Juice said:

    @Girevik said:
    I did get an e-mail with tracking number, but the order status was updated on my CPO account a couple of hours before i got that.

    Okay, shipping confirmation finally came through. Must be a bit slow following the sale. Can’t beat a like new Flash Sub Zero for $180 out of pocket after 30% and a trade in!

    Yeah, if it's really "like new" this deal is a steal. Mine will be here Thursday.....can't way!

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • RebbuttRebbutt Oregon 24Members Posts: 24
    Joined:  #12

    Purchased like new Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW, AW plus 2015 XR hybrid 3 all regripped (Golf Pride MCC 4+) for about $900. If you call to order they'll remove shipping costs and apply discount to any customizations and trade-in shipping labels. Trade-in prices were very reasonable (as good as RockBottomGolf.com), and trading in removed hassle of posting/selling on eBay. I've gone through Callaway Pre-owned for several purchases. Everytime I've made a purchase I've coincidentally ended up placing orders through their customer service agent Tad, who is knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly.

    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Big Bertha 816 DBD 10.5* - Big Bertha Fusion 15* - XR 3H 20* - Apex Pro 19 4-AW - Mack Daddy 4 54/58 - 2018 Scotty Newport 2.5 [/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  edited Sep 18, 2019 12:42pm #13

    Crap, I paid shipping. I didn't know getting that removed was an option. Maybe I'll call and see if I can get a credit.

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09  414Members Posts: 414
    Joined:  #14

    @brew4eagle said:
    I pulled trigger on 718 AP1 5 thru W set for $400. Hoping "average" isn't beat up too bad. I had a bad experience last time I ordered, hoping this one is better.

    I have found that their other branded conditions are usually not as good as the Callaway branded options. My last very good other brand arrived with a large nick in the irons and the hosel was slightly bent...all of my Callaway very good have looked almost brand new. I always try them out because return shipping is so easy.

    Posted:

    PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #15

    I can't find any kind of description of the different conditions. My son is wanting Rouge irons, but they don't have any "like new" and I'd like to see how the other conditions are described. Anyone know where I can find that?

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • thevaporzthevaporz  3099Members Posts: 3,099
    Joined:  #16

    Cheaper on ebay.

    Posted:
  • jwcp3jwcp3  70Members Posts: 70
    Joined:  #17

    Eyeing that toulon las vegas.. might have to pull the trigger. Thanks for nothing, OP!

    Posted:
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    Titleist 818H1 19 - Oban Purple 100X
    Cobra King Forged CB - Nippon SP Blue
    Mizuno T7 50 S18 54 60 - Nippon SP Blue
    Toulon Memphis
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 2930Members Posts: 2,930
    Joined:  #18

    @bkirkley09 said:

    @brew4eagle said:
    I pulled trigger on 718 AP1 5 thru W set for $400. Hoping "average" isn't beat up too bad. I had a bad experience last time I ordered, hoping this one is better.

    I have found that their other branded conditions are usually not as good as the Callaway branded options. My last very good other brand arrived with a large nick in the irons and the hosel was slightly bent...all of my Callaway very good have looked almost brand new. I always try them out because return shipping is so easy.

    Their trade in guide indicates no rock dings for irons, so at least hoping that's the case

    Posted:
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Black Lab BL-1
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #19

    @Rebbutt said:
    Purchased like new Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW, AW plus 2015 XR hybrid 3 all regripped (Golf Pride MCC 4+) for about $900. If you call to order they'll remove shipping costs and apply discount to any customizations and trade-in shipping labels. Trade-in prices were very reasonable (as good as RockBottomGolf.com), and trading in removed hassle of posting/selling on eBay. I've gone through Callaway Pre-owned for several purchases. Everytime I've made a purchase I've coincidentally ended up placing orders through their customer service agent Tad, who is knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly.

    Sweet! I called in and they refunded my shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #20

    @jwcp3 said:
    Eyeing that toulon las vegas.. might have to pull the trigger. Thanks for nothing, OP!

    Sorry! :(

    Although the deal has changed somewhat. It's now 25% off regardless of what you spend.
    Oh, and I did finally find the condition descriptions.

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • jwcp3jwcp3  70Members Posts: 70
    Joined:  #21

    oh sweet! that's a better deal!

    Posted:
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    Titleist 818H1 19 - Oban Purple 100X
    Cobra King Forged CB - Nippon SP Blue
    Mizuno T7 50 S18 54 60 - Nippon SP Blue
    Toulon Memphis
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #22

    @Rebbutt said:
    Trade-in prices were very reasonable (as good as RockBottomGolf.com), and trading in removed hassle of posting/selling on eBay.

    I assume they send you your purchase before receiving your trade, right?

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #23

    Like new Flash SZ came like this...

    Send it back?

    Posted:
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  853Members Posts: 853
    Joined:  #24

    I'm not sure what is reflection and what is damage. Is there a nick on the crown to the left of the "V"? I'd say it's preference. It's going to to affect the ball but if it bugs you give them a call.

    Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #25

    @Girevik said:
    I'm not sure what is reflection and what is damage. Is there a nick on the crown to the left of the "V"? I'd say it's preference. It's going to to affect the ball but if it bugs you give them a call.

    The thing that looks like a chunk out of the club is a reflection. It is more the scratches above, and to the right of the chevron, and out towards the toe.

    Posted:
  • thevaporzthevaporz  3099Members Posts: 3,099
    Joined:  #26

    Maybe you should buy new retail. A little Sharpie goes a long way.

    Posted:
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #27

    @thevaporz said:
    Maybe you should buy new retail. A little Sharpie goes a long way.

    Only if you’re drawing circles around Alabama.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, Canada 2178Members Posts: 2,178
    Joined:  #28

    I've had good and bad luck w/ CPO as of late. I've received more times than not a scratched up club that supposed to be "Like New" and ended up sending it back. Having said that there customer service is top notch and they will make it right.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 (9.5*)
    Srixon F45 (17*)
    Callaway Apex (20*)
    Srixon Z785 (4-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Taylormade Spider X
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09  414Members Posts: 414
    Joined:  #29

    @brew4eagle said:

    @bkirkley09 said:

    @brew4eagle said:
    I pulled trigger on 718 AP1 5 thru W set for $400. Hoping "average" isn't beat up too bad. I had a bad experience last time I ordered, hoping this one is better.

    I have found that their other branded conditions are usually not as good as the Callaway branded options. My last very good other brand arrived with a large nick in the irons and the hosel was slightly bent...all of my Callaway very good have looked almost brand new. I always try them out because return shipping is so easy.

    Their trade in guide indicates no rock dings for irons, so at least hoping that's the case

    Yea that may be what it says but it was clearly a gash on the backside of the iron not the face though. So play-ability condition was still good but the actual backside was very much damaged.

    Posted:

    PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

  • BYKBYK  1871Members Posts: 1,871
    Joined:  #30

    It's funny ,but I've found their like new is always a crap shoot
    usually anything lower than that is spot on or better than I expect
    but like new often is anything but. However their customer service is always awesome, and they accept returns no problem

    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1736Members Posts: 1,736
    Joined:  #31

    I called and they said it was more like a “very good” quality and refunded part of the sales price. All in all I’m good with that.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file