Ever rush to finish a round? And why?

Comments

• wattagewattage Members  238WRX Points: 77Posts: 238 Fairways

A year ago I went out after a work-class mandatory thing. Plan was to play 6-9 holes but I was -1 after 9 so figured I'd keep going. After eagle on 16 and par last 2 hole finished at -3 69... I was almost running to finish due to darkness and joined up w a 2some last 2 holes.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Under2hoursUnder2hours Members  1502WRX Points: 124Handicap: 13.2Posts: 1,502 Platinum Tees

Never think I rush, but give me an empty course & a 2 hour round and I love it. Plenty of other things to do (including another 18).

Posted:
  • whackhacknslapwhackhacknslap Members  34WRX Points: 24Handicap: 15Posts: 34 Bunkers

They times ive been in a rush to get off the course, i just end up getting frustrated with myself while thinking "If im rushing, why'd I even come out in the first place.

I just say to **** with all else once ive tee'd off. Wife now knows it will take an act of god or someone in the hospital to get me off the course.

I've skipped after round drinks, I dont think thats a biggie.

Is your boy dating a smoke show? 'Sound bath yoga' sounds like something I used to do before I was married. Now I just tell the wife I'll meet her after her silly crap for drinks, heh.

Posted:

Titliest 915D 9.5* Accra TZ6 M4
    Cally GreatBigBertha 3w 15* Adila Rouge Stiff
    Titleist 913 5w Diamana Blue Reg.
    Wilson Tour FG m3 4i-9i DG r300
    Vokey SM 48*
    Cally MD3 52*
    FOURTEEN 56* mt28 v5, 60* rm-21
    PING Anser 2 Karsten TR
    Bridgestone 330rx

• altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw Members  858WRX Points: 102Handicap: 1.0Posts: 858 Golden Tee

Darkness, rushing to work, weather, walk the dog, date night.....just to name a few. I squeeze golf in whenever I can so there's many times when I'm trying to play quick to get my 18 holes in.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback w/ PX HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5

Fairway: TC Callaway Epic Flash w/ Diamana Thump 75X

Hybrid: Taylormade GAPR LO w/ KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 85X

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 w/ True Temper DG X100

Wedges: Piretti w/ True Temper DG X100

Putter: Evnroll ER6
  • lanzador49lanzador49 SacramentoMembers  157WRX Points: 89Handicap: 11Posts: 157 Fairways

On -, @whackhacknslap said:

They times ive been in a rush to get off the course, i just end up getting frustrated with myself while thinking "If im rushing, why'd I even come out in the first place.

I just say to **** with all else once ive tee'd off. Wife now knows it will take an act of god or someone in the hospital to get me off the course.

I've skipped after round drinks, I dont think thats a biggie.

Is your boy dating a smoke show? 'Sound bath yoga' sounds like something I used to do before I was married. Now I just tell the wife I'll meet her after her silly crap for drinks, heh.

I like your style...! "Catch you on the rebound for a wine spritzer" is about right.

Posted:
  • jim rockfordjim rockford Members  677WRX Points: 93Posts: 677 Golden Tee

Harding Park in san francisco has incredibly tiered pricing. cheap for extreme locals. expensive if you live very far away. anyway, i have no problem with that. i think most muni courses should do this.

but they have cheap tourist prices very late in the day (like 3 hours before sunset). so to play the whole course you have to play fast and play into dark (18th is best hole by far too, i assume it's actually the 18th. it was when we played)..........

so played very very fast and i played probably the best i ever have (causation? relaxed and just hit ball?)............. and then had a 10 on the 18th hole after a nice drive in the dark.......... anyway, awesome hole.......daly and tiger had monumental playoff on this hole. shocking the lines off the tee that they played.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jmiller3483jmiller3483 Members  113WRX Points: 61Handicap: My swing Posts: 113 Fairways

Played with a buddy who told us on the 15th hole he had to leave without really telling us why. Come to find out he went to an Ed Sheehan concert with some girl he met online.........over a year later the roasting continues

Posted:
  • Warrior42111Warrior42111 FloridaMembers  404WRX Points: 219Handicap: 19Posts: 404 Greens

On -, @jmiller3483 said:

Played with a buddy who told us on the 15th hole he had to leave without really telling us why. Come to find out he went to an Ed Sheehan concert with some girl he met online.........over a year later the roasting continues

Was she hot and was there any benefits? The answer of this should dictate the level of roasting.

Posted:

Taylormade M6 10.5| Project X Even Flow Black X 6.5
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 * |Mitsubishi Tensei CK White 70 X
    Ping G400 18
    | PING Alta CB 65 Stiff
    Callaway Apex 19 4-PW | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Callaway MD4 48* / 54* / 59* | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Odyssey Stroke Lab, Toulon Memphis 34"

• lanzador49lanzador49 SacramentoMembers  157WRX Points: 89Handicap: 11Posts: 157 Fairways

At least it wasn't sound bath yoga

Posted:
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members  1861WRX Points: 382Posts: 1,861 Platinum Tees

So the wife made him rush the group and he didn't say no...... hahahaha single life wins again

What if the hole you skipped was a better hole then the 18th hole... He shoulda took his own cart and dipped out when he had to and not disturb the group

Posted:
    G30 LST
    3 wood M2 HL
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros 4-P
    Cleveland Blob
    SeeMore Butts
  • jmiller3483jmiller3483 Members  113WRX Points: 61Handicap: My swing Posts: 113 Fairways

On -, @Warrior42111 said:

On -, @jmiller3483 said:

Was she hot and was there any benefits? The answer of this should dictate the level of roasting.

Should've mentioned it was a scramble....yes, he was rewarded for going, however, His philosophy with woman is "what am I supposed to say, no?........ Translates into probably not

Posted:

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3343WRX Points: 987Handicap: 4Posts: 3,343 Titanium Tees

I can't remember a particular time, but I'm sure I have. Probably to do with either weather or darkness.

Posted:
  • llamontllamont Members  1912WRX Points: 161Posts: 1,912 Platinum Tees

Yes... Coyotes (playing/walking solo)...

Posted:
    I love golf
  • No5somesNo5somes Members  79WRX Points: 28Posts: 79 Fairways

Of course. Although, these days it's nearly impossible because you're likely just gonna rush for 30 seconds & then wait for the slow play ahead.

Posted:

Driver: Nobody cares

Fairway woods: Whatever brand gets me "brownie points."

Irons: Why not?

Wedges: The bouncy ones or was that the grindy kind; can't quite remember.

Putter: When needed

Golf ball: Duh,...can't play without one, lol. 🙄

NOW LET'S GO PLAY SOME GOLF!

Not really a "pace of play" issue, but rather, playing ahead and skipping holes because someone in your group has an important meeting that turns out to be "sound bath yoga" with the wife...

There's a coyote that lives off of the 7th hole where I play (a course set in a wildlife area along the river), and there are deer, turkeys, and lots of waterfowl around the course. The coyote avoids players and looks mangey and probably rabid, but he can be seen roaming the area looking for something to pounce on. Saw him hunt and then run down a squirrel - pretty spectacular... Also missed a green to the left and when I went down to get my ball it was situated a few feet away from an enormous hawk that was feasting on something in its talons. As I approached, it eyed me warily, then flew off with its prize in its claws. Also quite a sight!

But yoga can wait 15 minutes.

Posted:
  • fillwelixfillwelix Boston AreaMembers  1514WRX Points: 370Posts: 1,514 Platinum Tees

On a work trip and was scheduled to be running a meeting (remotely). Had about 15 minutes to get through 17 and 18 and get to my bag in the clubhouse with my computer. Got finished and meeting started on time

Posted:
    WITB
    Taylormade SIM 9.5* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade SIM 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Taylormade SIM 19* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Taylormade P760 4-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X Tour

Advertisement
  • tannyhobantannyhoban Members  2098WRX Points: 384Posts: 2,098 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers  1704WRX Points: 127Handicap: 14Posts: 1,704 Platinum Tees

Yep. For all the above reasons; darkness, weather, etc. Most recently was playing with my wife’s brother-in-law and we had to fly through the last few holes so he could get to his own birthday party with his family. I had no problem with it.

Posted:
    TS2 driver, 9.5, set at 10.25
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Epic Flash Heavenwood, 20
    G410 4h, 22
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal.Members  1111WRX Points: 185Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,111 Platinum Tees

”soundbath Yoga” with his hot wife is probably a good reason. Lol

Too bad it affected your rounds too, just confirm is was “worth the rush” with some explicit details next time you see him.

Posted:

Hah! Hardly worth disturbing a round of golf. There comes a point in a relationship when one person doesn’t always have to do what the other wants...

Posted:
  • BobaDefettBobaDefett Members  52WRX Points: 29Posts: 52 Bunkers

For me it's always trying to beat sunset.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer San Jose, CaClubWRX  3610WRX Points: 193Handicap: 4.1Posts: 3,610 ClubWRX

I’ve had many a reasons to leave a golf course. Being married with 4 kids and older ages inlaws to boot, If I have to leave then so be it BUT that only pertains to when I’m playing by myself or out and grouped with some random people. The case would be different if I was playing a course that I planned on playing with some buddies then unless somebody is dying, I wouldn’t leave. That buddy of yours did t plan well or he just took up the game because a typical round is not 4.5 hours when telling your wife. You add an hour for warm ups, 5 hours for the round just in case and of course and 1 to eat and drink after the round. Now that’s just the round its self. Factor in the drive time and there ya go. If you tell your significant other that you are gone for at least 6 hours, then you didn’t plan right.

When a buddy of mine had to leave a round early, I was pissed to say the leastz

Posted:
    Tourstage 9* Graphite Design MJ
    Callaway Subzero 14* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Taylormade sldr 2 hybrid 19* 
    Callaway 3 iron C taper 110
    Bridgestone Tour B XCB 4-PW
    Callaway MD4 52/58  C taper 110
    Titleist Fast back
    Taylormade Tourpreffered X
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32464WRX Points: 2,445Posts: 32,464 Titanium Tees

Only a couple of times...trying to beat the sunset.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• Silentbob6Silentbob6 Members  41WRX Points: 40Handicap: 16Posts: 41 Bunkers

Weather and sunset. Usually play after work

Posted:
  • EaglemanEagleman Members  168WRX Points: 68Posts: 168 Fairways

I have rushed in to beat the weather many times. The one time I left before we finished, was the day I signed the papers for buying my house. I told my partners what time I needed to leave by, and I drove myself and had my own cart so when the time came for me to leave, I finished the hole, shook hands and left.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° w/ handcrafted evenflow black 6.5
    Callaway epic flash SZ 15° W/ evenflow Black 6.5
    Callaway Apex 20° w/ evenflow black 6.5
    Callaway Apex Pro 19 w/ Project X 6.5 4-PW
    Callaway MD4 50°, PM grind 54°, PM grind 58°
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow neck custom “koolaid” Japanese Bronze
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
  • Soloman1Soloman1 Members  2757WRX Points: 581Posts: 2,757 Titanium Tees

I've played with people who rushed as fast as they could so they could get in their cars and rush from red light to red light so they could get home as fast as they could to sit on the sofa and eat potato chips while staring at the TV.

Posted:
    I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
    Avogadro would be proud.

Advertisement
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members  415WRX Points: 93Posts: 415 Greens

Darkness, weather, to squeeze in another nine, and to get married later in day. Only times I can remember rushing to get done.

Posted:
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members  1712WRX Points: 183Posts: 1,712 Platinum Tees

Recently hurried to finish as I could barely feel my fingers as it was below 30* with a 20-30 mph wind. Started out warmer but got progressively colder to the point I had some frostbite in my fingers. I'll play in any weather typically but that was really cold. And on top of it I played awful too.

Posted:

Guy gets up super early one sunday morning and doesn't want to disturb his wife so he slides out of bed, gets dressed, and heads into the garage to put his sticks in the car to go play. But he opens the garage and it's howling wind, ice, sleet, snow, and he decides, forget it...gonna spend the morning in bed with his wife! So, he slides gently under the covers and caresses his wife's arm and says how horrible the weather is out there...an in a sleepy voice the wife says, "can you believe it? My husband is out playing golf in that!!"

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.