Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

What's your drink of choice on the course on a summer day?

Rory4Pres ·  
Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1534WRX Points: 478Handicap: 1Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

Besides water. What alcoholic (or non-alcholic if you prefer) drink of choice while golfing on a sunny summer day?

I love Naturdays... yes, seriously. Also Stiegl Lemon Radler.

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3 15* w/ T1100 Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kari Lajosi Copper Sensor Long Neck/Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

Comments

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2656WRX Points: 1,668Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,656 ClubWRX

Propel

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1534WRX Points: 950Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

Previously coors light, now Ice coffee black.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  4037WRX Points: 701Posts: 4,037 ClubWRX

Sugar free lemonade or lemonade flavored sport drink in some variety or another.

Posted:
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

I never drink alcohol when playing. Usually take coffee in a flask when it’s cold, or a couple of flasks of home-made from frozen berries smoothie when it’s hot. Ice cold for the whole round.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

I get a bag of 'squencher zero' from amazon its an electrolyte drink mix thing and tastes great

https://amzn.to/30cf31G

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25613WRX Points: 2,831Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,613 ClubWRX

I freeze a Power Ade Zero the night before and it stays nice and cold throughout the round. Also have a big coffee on the way to the course, and 40 ounces of water at the ready.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11965WRX Points: 1,712Posts: 11,965 Titanium Tees

Not really anything. I prefer drinking water to just about any reasonable alternative. By "reasonable alternative" I mean something without sugar or alcohol in it. Don't need the sugar for my teeth or my weight, don't need the alcohol because of the passing out in the heat thing.

If I just can't stand another swallow of water I'll stop by the clubhouse at the turn and get a big tumbler or unsweetened tea.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam SoCalMembers  656WRX Points: 236Handicap: 2.7Posts: 656 Golden Tee

If I am drinking and it’s a slow round: Mai tai in the afternoon and Bloody Mary in the morning.

Posted:
  • drewsaber16drewsaber16 Members  55WRX Points: 30Handicap: 4.4Posts: 55 Bunkers

White Claws on deck always....Also, got the flask of whiskey in the bag just in case i need to get over a few bad holes

Posted:
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1534WRX Points: 478Handicap: 1Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

On -, @drewsaber16 said:

White Claws on deck always....Also, got the flask of whiskey in the bag just in case i need to get over a few bad holes

I tried a couple hard seltzers....wasn't for me. Whiskey is always a good option. Back when Fireball (fake whiskey) first came out, I couldn't play a round at my buddy's course without somebody busting out a bottle of it. Got sick of it over time but man they were some fun rounds!

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3 15* w/ T1100 Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kari Lajosi Copper Sensor Long Neck/Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

• macedanmacedan Members  423WRX Points: 131Handicap: 18Posts: 423 Greens

99% of the time I stay with water. As a walker dehydration comes easier and alcohol just compounds that. However, if I am riding and playing in a charity scramble with family it is Summer Shandy's or Mexican Logger's from Ska Brewing (Think a summer shandy but tarter and lime instead of lemon).

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 '17 10.5*
    Taylormade M2 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade P790 (4-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50/09
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54/11
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58/11
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Taylormade Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover
    Cart: TGW Players 

Advertisement
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

On -, @Rory4Pres said:

I love Naturdays.

They go down stupid smooth don't they?

Any kind of hard cider that is ice cold goes down a little too easy as well. Cart ran through Old Man Gibson's backyard geraniums easy.

Posted:
  • j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members  686WRX Points: 146Posts: 686 Golden Tee

Along the same lines, have you tried Bud Light Orange - im a little ashamed to say that they are pretty dang tasty!

Posted:
  • SammyShafSammyShaf Members  425WRX Points: 152Posts: 425 Greens

Beer. Bourbon and diet coke at one course where they serve doubles in yeti sized cups. If I am walking, a red gatorade that gets diluted with water after every hole with a water cooler.

Posted:
    If anything can go right, it might!
  • jaredt22jaredt22 Members  135WRX Points: 50Posts: 135 Fairways

Water, always, especially if walking, which is my usual. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is my go-to, if I'm riding, it's super-hot out, and I'm just having a relaxing round. They're like a refreshing lemonade.

Posted:
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members  1953WRX Points: 309Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees

Brown water

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4966WRX Points: 736Posts: 4,966 Titanium Tees

I typically have a bottle of pinnacle whipped vodka in my bag (my home course is BYOB). I buy a couple of orange gatorades on the way to the course and drink creamsickles at the course. Never feel dehydrated like I do with beer.

If I’m playing another course, I’ll usually have a few beers. Whatever good beer they have.

I’m not a fan of cheap beer, at all, but I had a few of those Naturdays and they were quite good!

Posted:
  • ShakesterShakester Members  652WRX Points: 160Handicap: 9Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Dragonfruit Vitamin Water or any Gatorade. On those super hot days, I put them in the freezer the day before.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Cobra Soeedzone 14.5 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Bridgestone B X 
  • IsaundersIsaunders Carstairs, ABMembers  78WRX Points: 44Handicap: 3Posts: 78 Fairways

Vodka soda with lemonade

Posted:
  • Mikey5eMikey5e ohioUnregistered  1441WRX Points: 374Handicap: 15Posts: 1,441 Platinum Tees

Not in any specific order :
    Water
    Gatorade
    Arnold P light
    Mash

Posted:
  • CHines14CHines14 Members  95WRX Points: 66Handicap: 2.4Posts: 95 Fairways

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15° w/ Tour AD TP 80X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3i bent to 18.5° w/ C-Taper 130x
    Callaway Apex MB 4-p w/ C-Taper 130x
    Callaway MD Forged 52, 56, 60 w/ TI S200
    Taylormade Ardmore 3

Advertisement
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members  701WRX Points: 414Posts: 701 Golden Tee

After water (by a long shot), maybe an iced tea and if it's pre-sweetened, I'll dilute it 50/50 with water. Though I do like the iced black coffee idea mentioned above, too. Might have to give that a try!

I prefer to get my beer buzz after the round is over.

Posted:
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members  1847WRX Points: 230Handicap: YesPosts: 1,847 Platinum Tees

Bud heavy.

Posted:
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members  589WRX Points: 83Handicap: 8Posts: 589 Golden Tee

Powerade zero before, water during, and perhaps some cold beer afterwards.

Had this been a drink of choice in winter question, coffee and bourbon would also be in the mix.

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21795WRX Points: 5,791Posts: 21,795 ClubWRX

Iced tea out of my container.

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5173WRX Points: 920Posts: 5,173 Titanium Tees

At home it's just water with a Rolling Rock or equivalent after the round.
    In Vegas, it's water and water plus sqwincher packet. Followed by a Coors Light or equivalent after the round.

But only two beers. More than that and I'll get more dehydrated.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members  3885WRX Points: 1,443Handicap: 4Posts: 3,885 Titanium Tees

Whiskey. I need to be reminded that I’m drinking - beer is too smooth and vodka is basically ghost alcohol. Can put down a liter before realizing I’ve drank anything, then it’s lights out. Whiskey has enough bite to keep me aware that I’m drinking. Mix with a splash of coke if I’m feeling drowsy.

Posted:
  • titleistektitleistek Members  91WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 91 Fairways

Gatorade on hot days. A German lager afterwards

Posted:
  • HankshankHankshank Members  2008WRX Points: 610Posts: 2,008 Platinum Tees

Agua minerale sin gas. Almost all the time. For some tournaments I will have a small flask of whisky for birdie whisky celebration. Laphroaig. But there isnt all that many birdies made so not much drunken.

At my home course while living in Stockholm many years ago, the course returned to the club house after 3 holes. Me and a mate had the tradition to sometimes have a pint of beer after 18 holes, and if the swing was ldecent we went out for 3 extra holes. Used to play wonderful those bonus holes.

Is the ”tradition” of whisky golf tournaments something that is an international thing? Never took part in any such event. Not my cup of tea. Or rather not my glass of whisky.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 7ironDave7ironDave Members  51WRX Points: 43Posts: 51 Bunkers

Ice coffee on the way and for the first few holes. Then a water. At the turn a nice 16 oz IPA, like Tree House or something similar. Depending on the round weather a few Corona Lights May come out after that.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.