2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Hinako Shibuno

Hankshank

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that great. She did OK in her first tournament back in Japan (13T), and had a top 5 finish about three weeks ago. Otherwise she's been struggling a little, and also resting.

I did watch one tournament in, I think August, where she had a putt to win, and two putt would putt her in a play-off, so similar to the situation at the British Open. This time she hit it too far past and three putted. Can't remember which tournament it was, though.

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> Not that great. She did OK in her first tournament back in Japan (13T), and had a top 5 finish about three weeks ago. Otherwise she's been struggling a little, and also resting.

>

> I did watch one tournament in, I think August, where she had a putt to win, and two putt would putt her in a play-off, so similar to the situation at the British Open. This time she hit it too far past and three putted. Can't remember which tournament it was, though.

That was the NEC Karuizawa 72 in mid August. She finished 3T after missing the playoff.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > Not that great. She did OK in her first tournament back in Japan (13T), and had a top 5 finish about three weeks ago. Otherwise she's been struggling a little, and also resting.

> >

> > I did watch one tournament in, I think August, where she had a putt to win, and two putt would putt her in a play-off, so similar to the situation at the British Open. This time she hit it too far past and three putted. Can't remember which tournament it was, though.

>

> That was the NEC Karuizawa 72 in mid August. She finished 3T after missing the playoff.

>

That's the one! The final hole was so much like a repeat of the one at the British Open it was a little eery. Except this time she missed the putt.

A timely page for me to reply LOL... Shibuno has been playing solid albeit a bit unfortunate on some tournaments after the British Open. She broke her string of 28 under par rounds last week (which started prior to the British Open) but overall I would give her a passing mark since she's been making ALL cuts and cashing in... Some posters have mentioned how she fared already... She's always made the cut in the tournaments in Japan and just today, did a solid round of -8 to bring her score to -13 for the Descente (yes the clothes) Ladies Tokai Classic -- she's in the clubhouse with the lead and only another player has a chance to beat her, one stroke behind right now vs Shibuno at -12 with 5 holes to go for the final pairing (Internet news has been suspended since TV coverage is ongoing as I type this at close to 2am Eastern time! LOL). The NEC one was more a heartbreak for her but that's been her attitude ever since -- to go for it and never leave a putt short (unlike Jason Day in the British Open a few years back).

To answer OP's question directly: as of now, Hinako is NOT intending to play with the US LPGA (even if she's eligible). She had mentioned in the past that she feels she still has a lot to prove in the JLPGA - that a) she wants to be top money winner in that tour first, b) she barely made it to the JLPGA this year (having failed the protest in 2018 -- equivalent of their QSCHOOL more or less), c) language and adjustment issues (she does not speak english), d) my opinion and some others' too -- she just signed with other Japanese, domestic based sponsors after the British Open Victory, and she was already signed with some other domestic/japanese sponsors prior to the British open victory -- which means that she will have to play in Japan since that gives her sponsors proper exposure.... IF I see her sign with ANA, Japan Airlines, Toyota/Lexus, Honda etc then that might be a sign she's going abroad... I guess the only chance we see her in our time zone is during the 5 majors, which she intends to participate in and for which she is eligible for -- otherwise, I/we have to watch in Japan or in the Japanese media/time zone (I plan to go to Japan annually anyways and saw her in action last July in Anessa Shiseido which she won prior to the British Open victory - so I might see her in the same tournament in July 2020 again - this time it might be too crowded, unfortunately :). @Hankshank -- I did put a lot more stuff per agolf1 said in the other 2 threads (2019 LPGA odds and ends; 2019 British Open) since i wasnt sure to create a thread at that time was relevant... will post more stuff about Shibuno-san here from now on as this thread has finally appeared :)

FINAL UPDATE BEFORE I DOZE OFF: WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT, SHIBUNO SAN WINS COMING FROM BEHIND THE DESCENTE CLASSIC... that's from my twitter feed. (unless I am getting fake news, which i doubt), she came from behind, -5 before today's round to win it by 2 strokes after a spectacular 8 under par last round (3 round tournament).... catching some zzz's and watching replays instead tomorrow/later :) FYI, she was 8 strokes behind the leader (leader was at -13) at the start of the round, was T20th at the start of the day... and shibuno wins the tournament by 2 strokes!!!.... :) (In fairness, there was a little bit of luck involved as shibuno had finished her round 1-1.5 hrs n the clubhouse and the weather started to deteriorate for the remaining golfers in the course -- still, 8 stroke comeback on last round is spectacular, to say the least)... with this win, she exceeds 100MM yen in domestic prize money (excluding british open). so we jst need her to learn english to move and play in our time zone :)

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

@Newinup

Mark that date; Monday November 18, 2019.

Shibuno has until the Monday of @CMEGroupLPGA week to accept @LPGA membership for the 2020 season.

[https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080](https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080 "https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080")

> @18majors said:

> @Newinup

>

> Mark that date; Monday November 18, 2019.

> Shibuno has until the Monday of @CMEGroupLPGA week to accept @LPGA membership for the 2020 season.

>

> [https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080](https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080 "https://twitter.com/LPGAMedia/status/1176593549523075080")

>

Next few weeks is so exciting for me LOL... granted, i will have to keep refreshing my computer for news on Bianca and Hinako LOL. That said, I'm more hopeful over seeing more of Bianca (Even if she's yet to start Stage 2) than Hinako next season. Might even take a trip to the US if she has full card to see her in person. As an aside, Hinako's ranking is now #11 (her highest in her career). Hataoka #6. I think she's a lock for Tokyo Olympics as Japan's #2 rep - that makes me even less hopeful to see her in LPGA since she'll be more content to stay at JLPGA and everything will all be domestic based for her, save for the majors....

> @Newinup said:

> Hinako and Nasa have been paired together for this week's (starting Sept 27) Miyagi Cup. I wonder how logistics would be in this pairing LOL. And how other participants would feel... #6 and #11 in the world... they surely don't know how to milk this "golden age of golf in Japan right now" LOL

I'm not certain that I understand what your point(s) is/are:

1) "I wonder how logistics would be in this pairing";

2) "they surely don't know how to milk this "golden age of golf in Japan right now" ?

1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

> @Newinup said:

> 1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

> 2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

I know they talk about the "Golden Age" of Japanese ladies' golf right now, but is it only referring to those born in 1998? For example, I think Hara Erika is included, though she was born in 1999 (Had to look it up). I didn't watch the tournament this weekend so I don't know how the announcers referred to her, but the winner, Aihara Asuka, was born in 1996, so I wonder if she's also part of this Golden Age? Honestly don't know.

Incidentally, according to Alba magazine, Aihara had an interesting bag set-up: Driver, 4w, 7w, 9w, 11w. No hybrids. Got to think an 11w is pretty unusual these days.

> > @Newinup said:

> > 1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

> > 2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

>

> I know they talk about the "Golden Age" of Japanese ladies' golf right now, but is it only referring to those born in 1998? For example, I think Hara Erika is included, though she was born in 1999 (Had to look it up). I didn't watch the tournament this weekend so I don't know how the announcers referred to her, but the winner, Aihara Asuka, was born in 1996, so I wonder if she's also part of this Golden Age? Honestly don't know.

> Incidentally, according to Alba magazine, Aihara had an interesting bag set-up: Driver, 4w, 7w, 9w, 11w. No hybrids. Got to think an 11w is pretty unusual these days.

Michelle Wie plays an 11 wood, along with a 3w, 5w, and 7w. That said, it is rare.

[golfwrx.com/499124/michelle-wies-winning-witb-2018-hsbc-womens-world-championship/](http://www.golfwrx.com/499124/michelle-wies-winning-witb-2018-hsbc-womens-world-championship/ "golfwrx.com/499124/michelle-wies-winning-witb-2018-hsbc-womens-world-championship/")

> > @Newinup said:

> > 1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

> > 2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

>

> I know they talk about the "Golden Age" of Japanese ladies' golf right now, but is it only referring to those born in 1998? For example, I think Hara Erika is included, though she was born in 1999 (Had to look it up). I didn't watch the tournament this weekend so I don't know how the announcers referred to her, but the winner, Aihara Asuka, was born in 1996, so I wonder if she's also part of this Golden Age? Honestly don't know.

> Incidentally, according to Alba magazine, Aihara had an interesting bag set-up: Driver, 4w, 7w, 9w, 11w. No hybrids. Got to think an 11w is pretty unusual these days.

Here's what Japanese media has on the "golden age" = excerpt from Asahi Shimbun in proper english translation (from last month) -- > Hara is included due to her being born from 4/98 to 3/99...

"In the latest world rankings updated on Aug. 5, Shibuno ranks 14th, a dramatic leap from her previous 46th position. She becomes the second highest-ranked Japanese woman following Nasa Hataoka, who is 10th.

Shibuno and Hataoka are part of the golden generation, a group of exceptionally talented rising Japanese female golfers who were born from April 1998 to March 1999.

Their peers are also ranked high on the list, with Yui Kawamoto in 54th; Minami Katsu in 62nd; Sakura Koiwai in 72nd; and Erika Hara in 88th.

Of the top 10 Japanese players in the current world rankings, six belong to the golden generation.

> @Newinup said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > 1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

> > > 2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

> >

> > I know they talk about the "Golden Age" of Japanese ladies' golf right now, but is it only referring to those born in 1998? For example, I think Hara Erika is included, though she was born in 1999 (Had to look it up). I didn't watch the tournament this weekend so I don't know how the announcers referred to her, but the winner, Aihara Asuka, was born in 1996, so I wonder if she's also part of this Golden Age? Honestly don't know.

> > Incidentally, according to Alba magazine, Aihara had an interesting bag set-up: Driver, 4w, 7w, 9w, 11w. No hybrids. Got to think an 11w is pretty unusual these days.

>

> Here's what Japanese media has on the "golden age" = excerpt from Asahi Shimbun in proper english translation (from last month) -- > Hara is included due to her being born from 4/98 to 3/99...

>

> "In the latest world rankings updated on Aug. 5, Shibuno ranks 14th, a dramatic leap from her previous 46th position. She becomes the second highest-ranked Japanese woman following Nasa Hataoka, who is 10th.

>

> Shibuno and Hataoka are part of the golden generation, a group of exceptionally talented rising Japanese female golfers who were born from April 1998 to March 1999.

>

> Their peers are also ranked high on the list, with Yui Kawamoto in 54th; Minami Katsu in 62nd; Sakura Koiwai in 72nd; and Erika Hara in 88th.

>

> Of the top 10 Japanese players in the current world rankings, six belong to the golden generation.

>

Interesting, so it does refer to just born in one particular (academic) year. I didn't realise it was such a narrow definition.

Thanks!

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > 1) surely a ton of the crowd will be on this pair... Maybe 80-90%... Eg not dispersed... They've already had numerous traffic jams etc heading into these golf country clubs ever since hinako won the BO. What more with nasa and hinako in the same pairing...

> > > > 2) in Japan they have quite a few strong contenders all born in the year 1998 - shibuno and hataoka are amongst the "protegees"... I'm just being sarcastic in how they paired them for tomorrow's start (eg Friday already in Japan in < 24hrs time

> > >

> > > I know they talk about the "Golden Age" of Japanese ladies' golf right now, but is it only referring to those born in 1998? For example, I think Hara Erika is included, though she was born in 1999 (Had to look it up). I didn't watch the tournament this weekend so I don't know how the announcers referred to her, but the winner, Aihara Asuka, was born in 1996, so I wonder if she's also part of this Golden Age? Honestly don't know.

> > > Incidentally, according to Alba magazine, Aihara had an interesting bag set-up: Driver, 4w, 7w, 9w, 11w. No hybrids. Got to think an 11w is pretty unusual these days.

> >

> > Here's what Japanese media has on the "golden age" = excerpt from Asahi Shimbun in proper english translation (from last month) -- > Hara is included due to her being born from 4/98 to 3/99...

> >

> > "In the latest world rankings updated on Aug. 5, Shibuno ranks 14th, a dramatic leap from her previous 46th position. She becomes the second highest-ranked Japanese woman following Nasa Hataoka, who is 10th.

> >

> > Shibuno and Hataoka are part of the golden generation, a group of exceptionally talented rising Japanese female golfers who were born from April 1998 to March 1999.

> >

> > Their peers are also ranked high on the list, with Yui Kawamoto in 54th; Minami Katsu in 62nd; Sakura Koiwai in 72nd; and Erika Hara in 88th.

> >

> > Of the top 10 Japanese players in the current world rankings, six belong to the golden generation.

> >

>

> Interesting, so it does refer to just born in one particular (academic) year. I didn't realise it was such a narrow definition.

> Thanks!

It's a Japanese (tradition) to be very precise :) eg look at their train/bullet train system, not a minute early nor late... :)

• 2 weeks later...

> @Newinup said:

> There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31 (coverage at night EST for the Golf Channel, which is perfect for me :)...

_________

What did you mean by local? Golf Channel is available in Canada too.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31 (coverage at night EST for the Golf Channel, which is perfect for me :)...

>

> _________

> What did you mean by local? Golf Channel is available in Canada too.

I'm not 100% sure our programs are exactly the same as the US? Haven't truly compared it when I go to the US (I rarely watch tv when in the US as I'm either on business or out sightseeing LOL) Certainly the commercials/ads are not since Cogeco etc advertises on my Golf channel. Also recall reading some on this forum commenting on watching some tournament that cut to another program -- maybe that was the USGA tournaments on Fox before, not sure...

> @Newinup said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31 (coverage at night EST for the Golf Channel, which is perfect for me :)...

> >

> > _________

> > What did you mean by local? Golf Channel is available in Canada too.

>

> I'm not 100% sure our programs are exactly the same as the US? Haven't truly compared it when I go to the US (I rarely watch tv when in the US as I'm either on business or out sightseeing LOL) Certainly the commercials/ads are not since Cogeco etc advertises on my Golf channel. Also recall reading some on this forum commenting on watching some tournament that cut to another program -- maybe that was the USGA tournaments on Fox before, not sure...

Yes ...Golf Channel is the same programming in Canada as the United States. All that happens is that Canadian media companies like Roger's, Shaw, Bell, etc. buy rights to distribution of GC as a specialty sports channel. All programming comes from Orlando.

As for tournaments such as the USGA US Open or the RBC Canadian Open/CP Women's Open they are "bought" by companies such as CTV, Global, TSN, SC etc. for broadcast to the Canadian market. Or as is the case with the Canadian Championships, to be the host broadcaster. In order to generate revenue, the broadcaster (e.g.: TSN, etc.) will insert their own commercials instead of allowing the US commercial to air.

The broadcaster then can sell the commercial spots to someone wanting to target that specific demographic market. So that's where a Canadian Tire or a GolfTown would step in as opposed to someone like Dick's Sporting Goods which has no stores in Canada. The Super Bowl is the best example of this practice.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31 (coverage at night EST for the Golf Channel, which is perfect for me :)...

> > >

> > > _________

> > > What did you mean by local? Golf Channel is available in Canada too.

> >

> > I'm not 100% sure our programs are exactly the same as the US? Haven't truly compared it when I go to the US (I rarely watch tv when in the US as I'm either on business or out sightseeing LOL) Certainly the commercials/ads are not since Cogeco etc advertises on my Golf channel. Also recall reading some on this forum commenting on watching some tournament that cut to another program -- maybe that was the USGA tournaments on Fox before, not sure...

>

> ___________________________

> Yes ...Golf Channel is the same programming in Canada as the United States. All that happens is that Canadian media companies like Roger's, Shaw, Bell, etc. buy rights to distribution of GC as a specialty sports channel. All programming comes from Orlando.

>

> As for tournaments such as the USGA US Open or the RBC Canadian Open/CP Women's Open they are "bought" by companies such as CTV, Global, TSN, SC etc. for broadcast to the Canadian market. Or as is the case with the Canadian Championships, to be the host broadcaster. In order to generate revenue, the broadcaster (e.g.: TSN, etc.) will insert their own commercials instead of allowing the US commercial to air.

>

> The broadcaster then can sell the commercial spots to someone wanting to target that specific demographic market. So that's where a Canadian Tire or a GolfTown would step in as opposed to someone like Dick's Sporting Goods which has no stores in Canada. The Super Bowl is the best example of this practice.

Thanks Golfdino... in reality however, I am on the verge of cord cutting and just subscribe directly to Golf TV, Golf TV Japan etc...

Seems like a better alternative these days esp since I only watch Golf, (and the odd Basketball game), only got one pair of eyes and picture in picture/ recording sports events ain't my cup of tea anyway... LOL. The beauty of being just focused on watching one sport and participating rather than solely watching the other sports has some benefits esp with me aging lol (I run, cycle, play basketball, and bowling as well). Good ol' antenna works for American Football too... :)

> @Newinup said:

> There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31

That's great, earlier this week I booked a ticket to go watch the two weekend rounds at this one! I wasn't sure who would play but schedule wise it was the one this fall that worked out the best for me. Do you know how she is able to play? Since she is not LPGA member I assume it was a sponsor invite, although I thought these were reserved for home country players.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > There most likely will be a Shibuno sighting on your "local" (I'm in Canada right now) Golf Channel at the end of this month as Shibuno has confirmed her participation at the Swinging Skirts in Taiwan starting Oct 31

> That's great, earlier this week I booked a ticket to go watch the two weekend rounds at this one! I wasn't sure who would play but schedule wise it was the one this fall that worked out the best for me. Do you know how she is able to play? Since she is not LPGA member I assume it was a sponsor invite, although I thought these were reserved for home country players.

>

Correct, sponsor's exemption... she's still not keen on playing in the LPGA in 2020 per latest interview, so this might be one of the few times we get to see her with English commentary until TOTO and then the majors (I wont be surprised if she gets a sponsor's exemption for the Honda Thailand event as well btw)

this might help update some folks here --

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/smiling-cinderella-shibuno-set-second-lpga-start-after-major-win

• 2 weeks later...

> @18majors said:

> @Newinup

>

> It looks like Danielle Kang will vault over to Rolex No.11, kicking Hinako one notch down to No. 12.

> This should give Hinako more incentives to join LPGA IN 2020.

>

Maybe. There isn't much time for other Japanese players to catch her for an Olympic spot. Ai Suzuki could do it, if she goes on a tear similar to her 2018 start, but she's nursing an injury.

> @AWinfortheAges said:

> > @18majors said:

> > @Newinup

> >

> > It looks like Danielle Kang will vault over to Rolex No.11, kicking Hinako one notch down to No. 12.

> > This should give Hinako more incentives to join LPGA IN 2020.

> >

>

> Maybe. There isn't much time for other Japanese players to catch her for an Olympic spot. Ai Suzuki could do it, if she goes on a tear similar to her 2018 start, but she's nursing an injury.

I agree.

But there's a scenario:

1. Yui Kawamoto joins LPGA in 2020

2. Other players get hot and knock Hinako outside of Top-15

3. Yui wins enough at LPGA to move ahead of Hinako in ranking

> @AWinfortheAges said:

> > @18majors said:

> > @Newinup

> >

> > It looks like Danielle Kang will vault over to Rolex No.11, kicking Hinako one notch down to No. 12.

> > This should give Hinako more incentives to join LPGA IN 2020.

> >

>

> Maybe. There isn't much time for other Japanese players to catch her for an Olympic spot. Ai Suzuki could do it, if she goes on a tear similar to her 2018 start, but she's nursing an injury.

I tend to think it will be quite tough for someone to catch her but you never know. The other question is whether she can hold down the 15th spot through June (unlikely three Japanese players pass her) just playing the JLPGA and majors next year. She had no results in 2018, so the roll-off isn't too bad (there is 1 win that will move to +1 year by the time the final rankings for qualification are set). Clearly, you earn less points playing the JLPGA but if she won 1 or 2 more tournaments between now and June 2020 would it be enough (for at worst 15th)?

Hope she can win in Taiwan to build the cushion even further.