My Golf Spy Ball Test - What say you?

Bushwood Country Club

I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at My Golf Spy - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

- Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

- Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

Man, there's a zillion page thread already. It started the day that content was posted on the Forum Which Shall Not Be Named. Also several other thread since then.

You might want to post in that one...

[https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1765824/ball-test-general-discussion/p1](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1765824/ball-test-general-discussion/p1 "https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1765824/ball-test-general-discussion/p1")

That last thread turned into a $h!tshow.

here is another independent test, it's interesting to compare the two.

Some similarities, some contradictory evidence. I will say the Titleist balls performed very consistently in both.

My takeaway is that soft balls are slower, but not always that much shorter, some balls are much more consistent in terms of dispersion than others, with titleist and Bridgestone being the best.

If you buy a ball based purely on "feel" then you are losing performance.

DTC balls are inconsistent because of QC concerns, but Snell is probably the best.

The Chrome soft should be avoided.

The faster you swing the more consistency in the ball matters. If you swing below 90 mph the dispersion gets minimized a bunch.

Spin rates around the green matter. Soft feeling balls rarely spin around the green, most balls spin similar off the tee, but again the faster you swing the more it will be exaggerated.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I can tell you that the Snell MTB-X is a fantastic ball. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Pro V1/X either. I have done experimenting with the Tour B XS, Z Star and TP5/X as well and enjoyed all of them. There are significant differences for me with all of these compared to others and this lot is all I will play. My preference lies with those listed in my sig, however.

> @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

>

> I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

>

Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

> @cgasucks said:

> > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> >

> > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> >

>

> Great topic....but wrong forum. **I've reported it** Of all people you should know better.

cj7bjur12g0f.gif

• Like 1

> I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

>

> I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

>

You can never go wrong with the ProV1 or ProV1x. I tried the Bridgestone BX. It is long off the tee, but I just did not like the feel.

I am trying the Srixon Z-Star XV right now. After 1 round, I shot 73. I think it is as long or close to the BX with a much better feel. Golf Discount.com has a 6-pack for $9.99, so I bought one of those and the Z-Star.

I thought the XV spun well but I was also playing on aerated greens, so more testing to come.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @cgasucks said:

> > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > >

> > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > >

> >

> > Great topic....but wrong forum. **I've reported it** Of all people you should know better.

>

> cj7bjur12g0f.gif

>

HAHA! Buzz Killington.

Now. Who wants to hear a good story about a bridge?

• Like 1

> @cgasucks said:

> > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> >

> > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> >

>

> Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[/list]

> > @cgasucks said:

> > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > >

> > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > >

> >

> > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

>

> So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

>

I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

• Like 1

> @"North Butte" said:

> > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > >

> > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > >

> > >

> > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> >

> > So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

> >

>

> I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

>

> Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

I looked there - a few observations:

(1) Seems to be filled with WRX "reviewers"

(2) Bridgestone Tour X not shown on the list

(3) I was just trying to have a little discussion on what I saw and what I experienced.

Seems there are as many people ready to tell me that my post was somehow in error (wrong forum, already discussed, etc.) as there are who want to read and interact in a positive manner. SMH...

[list]
[/list]

> @NJgolfer11 said:

> >

> >

> You can never go wrong with the ProV1 or ProV1x. I tried the Bridgestone BX. It is long off the tee, but I just did not like the feel.

>

> I am trying the Srixon Z-Star XV right now. After 1 round, I shot 73. I think it is as long or close to the BX with a much better feel. Golf Discount.com has a 6-pack for $9.99, so I bought one of those and the Z-Star.

>

> I thought the XV spun well but I was also playing on aerated greens, so more testing to come.

>

Thanks for a productive comment.

[list]
[/list]

Like most articles, my mileage varies: I haven't had good luck with any of the Vice offerings, and have had mixed results with Pro V1's. This year (2019), and specifically the month of September is the most golf I've played in YEARS, so my experience is quite limited. But, of all the balls listed above, I've personally had the best luck with Callaway Chrome Softs and Wilson Duo Softs. Though, my bag is currently filled with Bridgestone E6, Titleist DT Trusoft, and some Wilson Ultra Titaniums. I used to get wonderful results with Callaway's first generation of Warbird balls, Titleist DT So/Lo's, and Maxfli Noodles.

If I were being especially diligent in this post, I'd actually look up the emjee ess article's findings and compare them to my own results, then use their information (gleaned from a precision instrument, their roboservant, Golfbot 2000) to better my game, but...man, it was a _day_ at work and my brain is fried.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > > >

> > > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> > >

> > > So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

> > >

> >

> > I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> >

> > Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

>

> I looked there - a few observations:

> (1) Seems to be filled with WRX "reviewers"

> (2) Bridgestone Tour X not shown on the list

> (3) I was just trying to have a little discussion on what I saw and what I experienced.

>

> Seems there are as many people ready to tell me that my post was somehow in error (wrong forum, already discussed, etc.) as there are who want to read and interact in a positive manner. SMH...

You don't get it do you?? SMH

2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

> @cgasucks said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> > > >

> > > > So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> > >

> > > Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> >

> > I looked there - a few observations:

> > (1) Seems to be filled with WRX "reviewers"

> > (2) Bridgestone Tour X not shown on the list

> > (3) I was just trying to have a little discussion on what I saw and what I experienced.

> >

> > Seems there are as many people ready to tell me that my post was somehow in error (wrong forum, already discussed, etc.) as there are who want to read and interact in a positive manner. SMH...

>

> You don't get it do you?? SMH

What I don't get is why you are compelled to comment on a thread that you feel is unneeded. If you don't like what I have to say, move along. Wait - let me guess - you feel the need to censor other's opinion because they differ from yours (and are therefore wrong).

[list]
[/list]

> @cgasucks said:

> >

> >

>

> Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

You should change your name to chromesoftsucks. :)

• Like 1

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @cgasucks said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

>

> You should change your name to chromesoftsucks. :)

Chrome Soft doesn’t suck. It was just some “bad batches”.

• Like 1

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > >

> > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > >

> > >

> > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> >

> > You should change your name to chromesoftsucks. :)

>

> Chrome Soft doesn’t suck. It was just some “bad batches”.

Just goes to show what great marketing and fancy graphics on your "soccer balls" will do for sales. I have nothing against Callaway, as I have bought many of their products over the years, but they were totally exposed on this one.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > > >

> > > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> > >

> > > You should change your name to chromesoftsucks. :)

> >

> > Chrome Soft doesn’t suck. It was just some “bad batches”.

>

> Just goes to show what great marketing and fancy graphics on your "soccer balls" will do for sales. I have nothing against Callaway, as I have bought many of their products over the years, but they were totally exposed on this one.

To the tune of $50 million investment into improving their production and qc

• Like 1

I just watched the spy guys podcast about the new Kirkland. They compared it with the prov1x and original Kirkland 4 piece balls. They said it spun more, had more ball speed and was softer than the others which is positive. Then they went into the cover durability which is the big issue. I took from this that they think it’s a decent ball if the quality bugs can be readily corrected. If however the cover or core needs to be redesigned then per the USGA the new balls would need to be submitted to be approved.

> @cristphoto said:

> I just watched the spy guys podcast about the new Kirkland. They compared it with the prov1x and original Kirkland 4 piece balls. They said it spun more, had more ball speed and was softer than the others which is positive. Then they went into the cover durability which is the big issue. I took from this that they think it’s a decent ball if the quality bugs can be readily corrected. If however the cover or core needs to be redesigned then per the USGA the new balls would need to be submitted to be approved.

Pick three out of four:

1) Great performance

2) Impeccable quality

3) Extremely low price

4) Ready availability

So far Costco has figured out how to do:

1-2-3 but not 4 (original K-Sig).

2-3-4 but not 1 (K3)

1-3 but not 2 and don't know yet about 4 (KP1).

But they've yet to crack the code of doing all four in one ball. I think doing all four of those is darned difficult at best and may be impossible at worst.

> > @cgasucks said:

> > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> > > >

> > > > Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> > >

> > > I looked there - a few observations:

> > > (1) Seems to be filled with WRX "reviewers"

> > > (2) Bridgestone Tour X not shown on the list

> > > (3) I was just trying to have a little discussion on what I saw and what I experienced.

> > >

> > > Seems there are as many people ready to tell me that my post was somehow in error (wrong forum, already discussed, etc.) as there are who want to read and interact in a positive manner. SMH...

> >

> > You don't get it do you?? SMH

>

> What I don't get is why you are compelled to comment on a thread that you feel is unneeded. If you don't like what I have to say, move along. Wait - let me guess - you feel the need to censor other's opinion because they differ from yours (and are therefore wrong).

I'm not knocking on your original post. I said that it is a very interesting post but in the wrong forum...that's all. If it was posted in the golf ball forum in the first place then I wouldn't have said a word (and even would've given your post a like). The operators of this site seem to agree with me as well and moved your post to the correct forum.

Please learn to read more carefully.

> @cgasucks said:

> > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > > > > @cgasucks said:

> > > > > > > > @"Bushwood Country Club" said:

> > > > > > > > I spent some time last week poring over the ball testing done by the folks at **** - and found several of their results interesting, and others not surprising:

> > > > > > > > - Not surprised: Pro V1 and Pro V1x were two of the four balls rated "excellent"

> > > > > > > > - Surprised: Bridgestone Tour B X and Srixon ZStar were the remaining two top performers. TaylorMade's TP5's made the Very Good list - but Callaway and others were unable to crack the 2nd tier. ok7iv3anhx4l.png

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I gave the Bridgestone Tour X a try yesterday, and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to your thoughts on the results of this test....

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Great topic....but wrong forum. I've reported it. Of all people you should know better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what is the right forum, Obi Wan? Is a golf ball not equipment?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I believe you'll find this thread has now been relocated to the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> > > > >

> > > > > Presumably it will eventually be merged into the existing **** ball test thread already on the "Golf Ball" sub-forum.

> > > >

> > > > I looked there - a few observations:

> > > > (1) Seems to be filled with WRX "reviewers"

> > > > (2) Bridgestone Tour X not shown on the list

> > > > (3) I was just trying to have a little discussion on what I saw and what I experienced.

> > > >

> > > > Seems there are as many people ready to tell me that my post was somehow in error (wrong forum, already discussed, etc.) as there are who want to read and interact in a positive manner. SMH...

> > >

> > > You don't get it do you?? SMH

> >

> > What I don't get is why you are compelled to comment on a thread that you feel is unneeded. If you don't like what I have to say, move along. Wait - let me guess - you feel the need to censor other's opinion because they differ from yours (and are therefore wrong).

>

> I'm not knocking on your original post. I said that it is a very interesting post but in the wrong forum...that's all. If it was posted in the golf ball forum in the first place then I wouldn't have said a word (and even would've given your post a like). The operators of this site seem to agree with me as well and moved your post to the correct forum.

>

> Please learn to read more carefully.

Doesn't GolfWRX have marshalls for this sort of thing? Are you the type of person who goes through their neighbors garbage to see if they sorted their recyclables correctly?

• Like 1

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

• 2 weeks later...

Much better test here done by Today's Golfer:

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @xkilgorextroutx said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > Much better test here done by Today's Golfer:

> >

> >

>

> What makes this test "better"?

>

> (For the record, that's a genuine honest question. Curious to know your thoughts, not trying to pick a fight over one or the other.)

I don’t think anyone can definitively say either is better than the other (“different” may be a better word to use). Both were well thought out but they had some differences in approach with the swing variables and club at different speeds. One could argue that the TG’s motivation for this was due to the success of MyGolf$py’s test, but who knows. There are also a lot of MyGolf$py haters around here so that is part of it.

I will say that MyGolf$py‘s data presentation was way better (Tableau helps a lot). TG’s data presentation and article layout was painful to read through IMHO (content was good though).