B.A.D.'s custom LAGP Wedge shaft ("rebar") - Sept 2019

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9001WRX Points: 669Posts: 9,001 Marshals
Joined:  edited Sep 23, 2019 in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

imageimageimageimage

Posted:

Comments

• BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

When wanting to flight your wedges down gets out of control...

Posted:

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BCC1898BCC1898 Members  361WRX Points: 186Posts: 361 Greens

It would be awesome if we could turn back time to when pics loaded on this site. Maybe the next update???

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,543Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX

On -, @BearQ said:

haha. I wonder what the CPM is on that shaft. The more he tinkers, the more I see that it is a compensation for a bag set up that is very limiting. The single length thing I think works well for full swings when you can just swing away. When you want to hit touch, or improvised shots, it hampers that ability.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers  1259WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,259 Platinum Tees

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @BearQ said:

haha. I wonder what the CPM is on that shaft. The more he tinkers, the more I see that it is a compensation for a bag set up that is very limiting. The single length thing I think works well for full swings when you can just swing away. When you want to hit touch, or improvised shots, it hampers that ability.

372cpm

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,543Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX

On -, @300_yard_drives said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @BearQ said:

372cpm

HAHAHAHA.. I see it know. Jeez, thats embarrassing.

Posted:
  • AdamStoutjesdykAdamStoutjesdyk Venice FLMembers  163WRX Points: 118Handicap: +3.1Posts: 163 Fairways

I've always been a massive fan of Matrix Ozik shafts and their graphics, it sucks now that LAGP has taken over that they are all painted the same, it kinda kills the excitement over and over when i see a new prototype is released being the fangirl of their products that I am

Posted:

PXG XXF Prototype 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch (Hulk PVD)70 6.5tx
    Titleist 915 FD 15 Aldila 2KNV 85TX Ion Plated
    Nike Vr Pro Ltd 18* Aldila RIP 90x
    Bridgestone Tour BX Blade 3-Pw Steelfiber 125S Hardstepped All irons bent 3* Weak
    Nike Vr Pro 56/14 60/10 True Temper Tour Issue S400
    Ping Anser 2x 34.5" Golf Pride Tour Classic
    Taylormade TP5 PIX

Advertisement

Well composite iron and wedges shafts are the future. I just switched to composite iron shafts and it is so far so good. Any of these shaft companies can build way better composite shafts than iron could ever dream of.

I think stigma and cost to the consumer is really the only thing to hold it back at this point. For the tour guys, with cost not being an issue I don't know why more do not have full sets of composite iron shafts.

Posted:
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members  3773WRX Points: 694Handicap: 3.0Posts: 3,773 Titanium Tees

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Well composite iron and wedges shafts are the future. I just switched to composite iron shafts and it is so far so good. Any of these shaft companies can build way better composite shafts than iron could ever dream of.

I think stigma and cost to the consumer is really the only thing to hold it back at this point. For the tour guys, with cost not being an issue I don't know why more do not have full sets of composite iron shafts.

It is same reason we see so many players using DG X100 over other steel shafts: Familiarity. It is what they grew up with - what they are used to.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
    TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
    TaylorMade Sim Max Rescue 19° w/ HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 3-9 w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48°,53°,58° w/ DG S400 Tour Issue
    Odyssey WHP #3

• scarp2scarp2 Dallas, TXMembers  85WRX Points: 29Handicap: 10Posts: 85 Fairways

On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

It is same reason we see so many players using DG X100 over other steel shafts: Familiarity. It is what they grew up with - what they are used to.

Truth

Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9629WRX Points: 1,594Posts: 9,629 Titanium Tees

Is his wedge head(s) super heavy? That must feel literally like a piece of steel.

Posted:
    D - SIM Max | Tour Z Xtreme 475; 4w - SIM Ti | Diamana B 80; 4h - 818H2 | Tensei White 90; Irons - P760 5-PW | Modus 120; GW - Glide 3.0 50/12 | S400 Tour Issue; SW - Glide 3.0 54/12| S400 Tour Issue; LW - Glide 3.0 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue; P - Toulon San Diego or Directed Force 2.1; Ball - TP5 Pix 2.0

Incoming gear: Speedzone Xtreme 9* Driver,  Speedzone 5w, Speedzone 4i & 5i

On -, @scarp2 said:

On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Truth

I understand that, but I am simply saying that with millions on the line, wouldn't you want the most consistent product available?? I mean, its worth at least trying. As I said, I think a switch has potential. Cost to the consumer is really the only barrier.

The composite shafts I play are stiffer than any steel shaft out there, so it is not like you cannot get something that would fit even the hardest swinger out there.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin Proud Members  1142WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,142 Platinum Tees

The amount if tinkering he has to do just to get single length to barely work is incredible. Its totally absurd to think amateurs can benefit from the technology.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
    Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
    Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
    Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

The amount if tinkering he has to do just to get single length to barely work is incredible. Its totally absurd to think amateurs can benefit from the technology.

I wouldnt say it "barely" works. I mean he is ranked number 11 in the world. It works well, for him. But I get, and agree with the point I think you are trying to make. It seems that the extra length in the wedges creates unique problems others do not have to deal with.

Posted:
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin Proud Members  1142WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,142 Platinum Tees

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

I wouldnt say it "barely" works. I mean he is ranked number 11 in the world. It works well, for him. But I get, and agree with the point I think you are trying to make. It seems that the extra length in the wedges creates unique problems others do not have to deal with.

I should restate what I was trying to say, seeing the tinkering and changes he has to make to make it work for him makes it really hard for any amateur with limited access to what he has think they can grab it off the shelf and make it work like he does.

However, credit to him for owning it and making it his own.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
    Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
    Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
    Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

I should restate what I was trying to say, seeing the tinkering and changes he has to make to make it work for him makes it really hard for any amateur with limited access to what he has think they can grab it off the shelf and make it work like he does.

However, credit to him for owning it and making it his own.

I agree 100% with this clarified statement. haha. As a fitter, I think the single length thing is incredibly limiting and not a great way to play the game. The theory of it is sound and makes sense. the problems arise at the top and bottom of the bag. 4 iron goes to low, PW goes to high etc.

But back to what this thread is about. I think that is a pretty cool shaft. I have converted to graphite iron shafts, and I am now looking into wedge shafts. I find it interesting that this shaft is soo extremely stiff and is for a wedge, when the majority of players play softer wedges shafts in comparison to the rest of their set.

I know this is due to his wedge being extremely long and trying to get the ball to stay down.

Posted:
  • tungstenplugtungstenplug Washington, D.C.Members  376WRX Points: 429Posts: 376 Greens

Less deflection equals more control? Assuming he can feel where the face is with how stout those are

Posted:
    Post edited by tungstenplug on

Advertisement

dup

Posted:
  • Lenny2Lenny2 Members  166WRX Points: 56Posts: 166 Fairways

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

Steel is on the way out the door, I give it 10 yrs. so much more can be done with composite. They are just getting started.

Posted:
  • Lenny2Lenny2 Members  166WRX Points: 56Posts: 166 Fairways

On -, @AdamStoutjesdyk said:

I've always been a massive fan of Matrix Ozik shafts and their graphics, it sucks now that LAGP has taken over that they are all painted the same, it kinda kills the excitement over and over when i see a new prototype is released being the fangirl of their products that I am

Yeah nothing like when they released the tphd and ozik a decade ago or more. It was next level back then. I think we can go on there website and customize colors.

Posted:
  • gators78gators78 ClubWRX  4019WRX Points: 218Handicap: 3Posts: 4,019 ClubWRX

Serious question, is it even possible to get a KBS/PX/TT shaft, in normal playing length, to 372 CPMs? That has to be like True Temper X7s tipped 3 inches or something nuts.

Posted:
    G400 Max
    M6 3W
    RBZ Hybrid
    MP20 MMC 4 Iron
    MP20 MB 5-W
    Raw SM7s
    PM Grind 64*
    Special Select Newport 2
  • gpmoneygpmoney Members  1WRX Points: 60Posts: 1 Starters

anyone else think the last quote in the article makes no sense? when is says if this works, he'll work into the iron shafts by the end of the season. First of all, what does if it works mean? It wont do anything any other wedge shaft does, lets be real. Second, even if it does "work" according to his definition of what that is, why waste a whole season getting them into the irons, shouldn't they be in the irons the next day?? Luckily BD is so talented he can play world class golf in spite of all these weird equipment choices.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @gpmoney said:

anyone else think the last quote in the article makes no sense? when is says if this works, he'll work into the iron shafts by the end of the season. First of all, what does if it works mean? It wont do anything any other wedge shaft does, lets be real. Second, even if it does "work" according to his definition of what that is, why waste a whole season getting them into the irons, shouldn't they be in the irons the next day?? Luckily BD is so talented he can play world class golf in spite of all these weird equipment choices.

what article?

but, composite shafts for Bryson make the most sense. I would think with single length and needing specific flex and flex points to really make the set perform composite shafts is really the only option. You can tune each shaft exactly how you need. steel is such a dirty and unworkable product.

Posted:
  • ryborybo Members  2239WRX Points: 133Handicap: +1.6Posts: 2,239 Platinum Tees

Hogan used X flex iron shafts tipped 2"....... his wedge was probably stiffer then the 372cpm

Posted:
  • MattE12MattE12 Members, Paid BST  33WRX Points: 47Posts: 33 Bunkers

What's the advantage? A most consistent shaft relative to steel?

Posted:
    Cobra LTD Black - HZRDUS Black 65S
    Ping G400 - Tour 75S
    Ping G - Tour 85S
    PXG 0211 - PX 6.0
    Vokey SM7 - 54F/60K
    OG Bettinardi BB32

On -, @rybo said:

Hogan used X flex iron shafts tipped 2"....... his wedge was probably stiffer then the 372cpm

Hard to say what an X felt like back then. I bet it was much less stiff than you think. Jack said that for the majority of his championship career he played with shafts that would now be considered regular flex.

Posted:
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members  1234WRX Points: 205Posts: 1,234 Platinum Tees

What’s the weight on these?

Posted:
    g410 lst 7.5* | hulk75tx(tipped 1”, 44.75 playing length)   /  g410 16*  | hulk85tx(tipped 1”, 42.5” playing length)  /  G410hybrid 20* | Tz5m5-95g  /   P790udi 17* | x7  /  p790 21* | x7   P730 3-p | x7   md4 48*8, 54*10, 60*8 | x7  /  hitoe 64*5 | x7  /   Phantomx(35”) | stabilitytour /  jumbomax ultralite xl  /  zstarxv

Advertisement
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members  1564WRX Points: 469Posts: 1,564 Platinum Tees

I think he was tongue in cheek in that post 😉

Seriously I don't know why BAD needs super stiff single length wedge shafts. If he would just stick to stuff and work on his game he might win even more than he has. Seems like he's just making an already hard game unneccesarrily complicated.

Posted:
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Phantom X6 STR
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members  1234WRX Points: 205Posts: 1,234 Platinum Tees

Anyone know the weight?

Posted:
    g410 lst 7.5* | hulk75tx(tipped 1”, 44.75 playing length)   /  g410 16*  | hulk85tx(tipped 1”, 42.5” playing length)  /  G410hybrid 20* | Tz5m5-95g  /   P790udi 17* | x7  /  p790 21* | x7   P730 3-p | x7   md4 48*8, 54*10, 60*8 | x7  /  hitoe 64*5 | x7  /   Phantomx(35”) | stabilitytour /  jumbomax ultralite xl  /  zstarxv

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.