Your most unpopular Golf opinions?

Comments

• RoodyRoody A little gust, Romes Rochester, NYMembers  1214WRX Points: 293Handicap: 7.1Posts: 1,214 Platinum Tees

On -, @2012BFT said:

Watching the am's at the Pebble Beach tourney ruins it for me. Great iconic course, but I don't care the least bit about watching Bill Murray or Toby Keith etc attempt to golf. Leave it to the pros...

I'll take the opposite opinion (which might also be unpopular): I love watching the amateurs play at the Pebble Beach Pro Am. Watching the pros is awesome, but I can watch them the other 99% of the season.

Posted:
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25366WRX Points: 2,511Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,366 ClubWRX

On -, @jholz said:

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

Renee Russo was terrible in Tin Cup but awesome in the Thomas Crown Affair.

Let's be fair, Renee Russo has been terrible in just about everything.

She was great in the black dress...

Posted:
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3357WRX Points: 1,001Handicap: 4Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees

The Pinehurst courses were better before the renovations.

Posted:
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  599WRX Points: 137Handicap: 15.4Posts: 599 Golden Tee
    1. Stop complaining about pace of play, don't like it, stay home / don't play / bring a newspaper ... etc.
    2. Don't be surprised that you can't find the ball you 'accidentally' hit into our group. Pick one: I threw it into the woods. I hid it near a bush, shrub, or other natural obstruction. I kicked it back 20 yards into the rough. I kicked it into the water. I stepped on it pushing it into the mud. Decent looking 3 or 4 piece balls go in my bag.
    3. Stop clipping towels to your pants, you look: ridiculous, trashy, like a hobo, like a weekend hack, etc.
    4. Golf carts should only be for seniors / disabled players, all others walk.
    Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    9W = TaylorMade M6 (24*)
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
    Jet Black SM7's
    (50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25366WRX Points: 2,511Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,366 ClubWRX

On -, @sharkiesj said:

JonesScott is really a cool guy...and quite a player.

I truly believe we will see the new “old” Wrx format this week.

These are supposed to be "unpopular" opinions. We all LOVED JonesScott.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • lchanglchang Members  747WRX Points: 187Handicap: 11Posts: 747 Golden Tee

Let's get back to actually unpopular opinions:
    Augusta National plays too "tricked up" for my tastes. This is true for me for Alister Mackenzie courses in general (eg., Pasatiempo).

Posted:
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members  3656WRX Points: 233Posts: 3,656 Titanium Tees
    1. There is something wrong with courses discriminating on who plays on their courses
    2. Fat and non muscular golfers that win are good for golf
    3. There is something to be proud of when you shoot well with game improvement or most graphite irons.
    4. Every single golf advertisement is wonderful. If they affect you purchases, But you might not need it.
    5. .1 percent of the time you don't average X score, you don't average Y driving distance, and you did Pick your head up
    Posted:
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-PW Titleist AP1s
    50 degree GW Titleist SM4
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7 
    Ping Anser 6 Milled Putter
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3357WRX Points: 1,001Handicap: 4Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees

The Masters needs rough.

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20333WRX Points: 900Posts: 20,333 Titanium Tees

18 > 15

Posted:

• tungstenplugtungstenplug Washington, D.C.Members  353WRX Points: 379Posts: 353 Greens

Masters par 3 contest is not entertaining enough to be on TV
    Free relief from fairway divots, must drop from knee height (lol)
    Putters should be 40" or less

Posted:

Taylormade
    Titleist
    Mizuno
    Toulon

2020 # of rounds: 12

Advertisement
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members  613WRX Points: 150Posts: 613 Golden Tee

Keeping your head down isn't the key to better golf. When I suggest this to my playing partners they look at me like I'm crazy.

Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members  738WRX Points: 463Posts: 738 Golden Tee

Greens should be slower. All of them.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Adams Tight Lies 16 deg. 4 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 / Toulon Austin
  • dave williedave willie Members  841WRX Points: 107Posts: 841 Golden Tee

Scorecard playoffs should be eliminated. They are an administrative solution to avoiding the time and bother of having an actual playoff. If a scorecard playoff cannot be avoided, use them only to determine a tournament winner (gross and/or net). Do not use them for second place, third place, etc, What;s wrong with T2, T3, etc,? Split the prizes equally for ties.

Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 HZRDUS 6.0 55g
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 19 hybrid
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50* & 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Cameron Mil-Spec 
  • jonesry09jonesry09 Excelsior, MNMembers  81WRX Points: 49Handicap: 9.9Posts: 81 Fairways

If you book a last minute solo tee time, I ain't letting you through. Don't book a tee time expecting to just play frogger to get done a round in under 2 and a half.
    White claws should be banned from all golf courses. Possibly just banned from ever existing.
    If you talk to my ball, I get to punch you.

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20932WRX Points: 4,896Posts: 20,932 ClubWRX

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

18 > 15

I'm copying off your paper!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Nard_SNard_S Members  3768WRX Points: 793Handicap: 9Posts: 3,768 Titanium Tees

The PGA used to be a about spin control and managing a ball that the wind could hammer around. Modern gear has diminished that aspect and the Pro game has been less enjoyable to watch since.

Posted:
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members  1783WRX Points: 323Posts: 1,783 Platinum Tees

Thank goodness for carts so those of us with health issues can play 18 and have a chance at a decent score. Music is okay if you keep It so only your group can hear it. Of course if the Boss comes on turn it up to 11. Happy 70 th Bruce. Just had to throw that in.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7353WRX Points: 412Handicap: 5Posts: 7,353 Titanium Tees

Ryder Cup should not have been elevated to elite status...... it's an exhibition that has no bearing on the game....majors and wins are what players should be based on.
    However, allow The Americas to come together (both North and South) adding the International team playing the loser dropping the President's Cup..... then the Americas Team isn't obligated to the rest of the world every year.

Posted:
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New YorkMembers  3225WRX Points: 432Handicap: +0.9Posts: 3,225 Titanium Tees

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

18 > 15

Ha! Good one!
    I tell you what though, I'll give you 18 $10 bills and you give me 15 $100 bills. 18 > 15 I know, so you'll be doing better than me out of the deal, but I'm willing to fall on my sword for this one.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
    Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • cwglumcwglum Members  1588WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,588 Platinum Tees

My most unpopular golf opinion ... it's okay if you have to leave mid-round to be somewhere else, don't cry and moan all day about pace of play. If you owned a course and paid the bills to keep it afloat, you would never remove or reprimand a group from the course for slow play. Encourage them to let quicker groups through at the right times ... yes, but you wouldn't turn them away or make them feel unwelcome.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jholzjholz Members  1739WRX Points: 526Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,739 Platinum Tees

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @jholz said:

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

Renee Russo was terrible in Tin Cup but awesome in the Thomas Crown Affair.

Let's be fair, Renee Russo has been terrible in just about everything.

She was great in the black dress...

Agh. I'm not seeing it. Renee Russo is simply a less attractive Julia Roberts. Waaaaaay too many teeth on both of them, IMHO.

Posted:
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
    Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4900WRX Points: 622Posts: 4,900 Titanium Tees

On -, @ShankLife said:
    • A 5 cap with early extension has considerable talent.

Why, thank you!

signed: 5.x index with horrible EE problems

Posted:
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SDMembers  894WRX Points: 173Handicap: 13.5Posts: 894 Golden Tee

Hank Haney made a good point that no Americans being in contention has hurt Women's golf. I don't care about men's tennis for the same reason.

Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (14.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Callaway Apex 19 3-4 Hybrids (Project X Catalyst 5.5 Flex, -1/2" for both)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

Advertisement
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  2820WRX Points: 1,107Posts: 2,820 Titanium Tees

TPC courses are gimmicky junk

Links courses are goat tracks

A dress code is still needed in non-muni golf and tournament play (no untucked shirts or jeans)

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

• jacob7071jacob7071 TXMembers  27WRX Points: 32Handicap: 1Posts: 27 Bunkers

On -, @dave willie said:

Scorecard playoffs should be eliminated. They are an administrative solution to avoiding the time and bother of having an actual playoff. If a scorecard playoff cannot be avoided, use them only to determine a tournament winner (gross and/or net). Do not use them for second place, third place, etc, What;s wrong with T2, T3, etc,? Split the prizes equally for ties.

On -, @jonesry09 said:

If you book a last minute solo tee time, I ain't letting you through. Don't book a tee time expecting to just play frogger to get done a round in under 2 and a half.
    White claws should be banned from all golf courses. Possibly just banned from ever existing.
    If you talk to my ball, I get to punch you.
    1. It should never bother us when people post in a thread without reading the OP.

2. I'm okay with Tony Romo and Steph Curry getting as many sponsor exemptions as the sponsors want to give.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.