Old PMs cannot be read - "No formatter is installed for the format ipb"

Olde Maroon ·  
Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gearMembers  634WRX Points: 284Handicap: PoorPosts: 634 Golden Tee

When looking at some old PMs, the above message is all I can see. Clicking on them fails to load anything at all. This does not affect all messages. Is this a time-based error?

Posted:

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 468Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Please provide screenshots and steps taken

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  634WRX Points: 284Handicap: PoorPosts: 634 Golden Tee

On desktop, when I go to my inbox and choose "next" to see pages of older messages, the body of the messages shows as seen below.

On mobile, I do not have the option to choose "next" to see beyond the first page of messages, which is likely a bug in and of itself.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help resolve this.

Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 468Posts: 27,126 Marshals

I what happens when you rotate your screen?

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  634WRX Points: 284Handicap: PoorPosts: 634 Golden Tee

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

I what happens when you rotate your screen?

Well that screenshot is from desktop (just in case I wasn't clear).

On mobile, even if I rotate to landscape (using Pixel 3 Android OS10 and Chrome), I do not get any option to go to older messages. My last message shown is June 22, 2019, but as you can see above I have older messages in my inbox that are still accessible and functioning on desktop. That is to say, my mobile inbox doesn't stop at the point where the desktop inbox starts showing errors for the messages; it stops earlier.

Posted:

If in desktop, stretch window. On mobile, provide screenshot of error and steps.

Posted:
    BST AD Help

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

If in desktop, stretch window. On mobile, provide screenshot of error and steps.

On mobile, I cannot access older messages in my inbox. There simply isn't a button to go to the next page (see top and bottom of inbox in images below)

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

On desktop, my page is maximized and I have already outlined the steps and the issue. Not sure what else I can explain. Messages beyond a certain point only show that message (as seen in the above images) and you cannot click through to the actual message.

Posted:

I cannot replicate the error message. Please provide a picture of the actual message.

Posted:
    BST AD Help

I can replicate the next page pagination issue.

Posted:
    BST AD Help

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

I cannot replicate the error message. Please provide a picture of the actual message.

The first image I posted has the "error message" as the content of every PM. If I click on the subject of the message, which normally opens the exchange of messages, nothing happens.

Posted:

I do not see the error in the previous screenshot?

Posted:
    BST AD Help

Advertisement

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

I do not see the error in the previous screenshot?

Post #3 - the screen shot from my desktop view of the site. Look at every single message in the screen shot and they all have that "error" in the text of the message.

Posted:

I am looking at the pictures you posted. Are you implying for me to login to your account and look at your messages?

I only need a picture of the error message. We don’t normally login to people’s accounts.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods  1291WRX Points: 237Handicap: 8Posts: 1,291 Platinum Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

I am looking at the pictures you posted. Are you implying for me to login to your account and look at your messages?

I only need a picture of the error message. We don’t normally login to people’s accounts.

The picture is in post 3 of this thread. You need to actually look at the picture. It lists the title of the pm and then has the error message.
    I get the same error message from any pm before the software changes in the spring

Posted:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Are you not seeing an image as part of post #3 of this thread? That might be another bug and the reason we are not making sense to each other.

Posted:

That is clearer. Post 3 was fuzzy

Posted:
    BST AD Help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.