Dot should also be clickable

third-times-a-charm ·  
third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  2832WRX Points: 1,113Posts: 2,832 Titanium Tees

the 'dot' and 'star' to the left of threads should be clickable just like the thread title is.

Add the anchor tag that's wrapping the text of the thread title around that icon as well to go to the first unread post.

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / MD4 / Spider + ATMOS Black / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / Nippon / 610

Comments

• 8overpar8overpar Spring hill, TNMembers  312WRX Points: 92Handicap: 4.9Posts: 312 Greens

Title takes me to the first unread, if I've been thru the thread already.

Posted:
    Cobra 427SS 9.0*
    Cleveland 13* S300
    Cleveland TA1 Form Forged
    Cleveland TA REG 588 53* & 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum
    Top Flight XL2000 Magna
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NewbyNewby Members  7728WRX Points: 614Posts: 7,728 Titanium Tees

Why not just click on the time/date just under the last poster's avatar. That takes you to the last post

Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2682WRX Points: 927Posts: 2,682 Titanium Tees

On -, @Newby said:

Why not just click on the time/date just under the last poster's avatar. That takes you to the last post

If there’s 20 posts before the last one that skips over all the unread posts

Posted:

Understand. Good idea but I'm not sure I've seen a forum/site that provides the facility to jump to the first unread post.

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20955WRX Points: 4,929Posts: 20,955 ClubWRX

Not sure what the original question really was, but I click on a thread I was in a few days ago that has a page or two or more after and it takes me right to where I was the last time I was on the thread, not to the end. So I seem to be getting to the last "unread" post, or at least the last page I viewed, which should be pretty much the same thing.

Posted:

Yep. That seems to work. I'm pretty sure that previously you were directed to the first post in the thread (I think)

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6802WRX Points: 1,177Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,802 Titanium Tees

You're kidding, right ?

FWIW I DO agree with the OP; that the "dot" or the "star", IF present, should be clickable and take one to the first unread post if, for no other reason than to be consistent with most(?) other message boards.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6826WRX Points: 598Posts: 6,826 Titanium Tees

Pretty sure this forum used to. I know that others do.

But now on mobile, it takes me ALL the way to the bottom, below the sponsor links.

( edit )

Right now it does go to first unread post when clicking on the thread title. But if the last page of thread has been opened/read, with no new messages, it scrolls all the way to the bottom.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.