GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Straight left wrist

Mainehacker21 ·  
Mainehacker21Mainehacker21 MaineMembers  100WRX Points: 27Posts: 100 Fairways

Working on some things with my swing to get more consistency on ball striking. I have always come way over the top and I'm focusing a lot on fixing my swing plane. One thing I am having an awful lot of trouble with is keeping my left wrist straight at the top of my backswing (I'm a righty). As I'm trying to get some recoil I find myself cupping my wrist every time and when I do keep the wrist straight, I feel like I actually lose some control over my swing. I do a decent job at keep my left elbow straight and locked but for some reason that wrist still wants to bend. I'm not very flexible and I'm wondering if I just lack the range of motion needed for one of these nice swings you see all over youtube. How important is this really? Any advice?

Posted:

Comments

• madchensmadchens Members  141WRX Points: 52Posts: 141 Fairways

Practice pitches with intent of max right wrist hinge.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.