2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Royal New Kent golf trip

nandoal ·  
nandoalnandoal Pittsburgh 142WRX Points: 84Handicap: 13Members Posts: 142

Besides Royal New Kent, what others in the area could make up a 3 course golf trip?

Posted:

Driver - Ping G410 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-5

3wood- Ping G410 - Ping Alta CB 65 Red

Hybrid - Ping G410 19* and 22* - Ping Alta CB 70 Red

Irons- 5-GW - Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal -Nippon Modus3 105

Wedges- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56* and 60* - Ping AWT 2.0 wedge

Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini

Ball - Titleist ProV 1 (yellow)

Comments

• cristphotocristphoto  3584WRX Points: 259Members Posts: 3,584

You’re about 30 minutes from Williamsburg which has many great options. Hard to go wrong with Golden Horseshoe.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SammyShafSammyShaf  367WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 367

Viniterra

Posted:
    If anything can go right, it might!
  • burnsniperburnsniper  616WRX Points: 141Members Posts: 616

Depends on what direction you are coming from. Several good stops along the I-64 corridor and even more if you have access to privates.

Golden Horseshoe
    Viniterra
    independence GC
    Spring Creek (private on weekends)
    Keswick (Private unless you stay onsite)
    Kings Mill (Private unless you stay onsite)

Posted:
  • 8overpar8overpar Spring hill, TN 285WRX Points: 77Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 285

Kiskiack. 20 minutes from Royal New Kent.

Posted:
    Cobra 427SS 9.0*
    Cleveland 13* S300
    Cleveland TA1 Form Forged
    Cleveland TA REG 588 53* & 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum
    Top Flight XL2000 Magna
  • mattw387mattw387  198WRX Points: 64Members Posts: 198

Where do you plan to stay?

RNK 2x (don't just play it once!).. Depending on where you're staying there are some decent options both east and west of there. Viniterra and Brickshire are really close to RNK and could be an option depending on course conditions (my vote Viniterra)... Another course to consider (if you like interesting layouts, like a Strantz RNK) - is Mattaponi Springs Golf Club on your way in or out of town... Haven't played there in over a year, but it was an fun layout and the conditions were good at the time.

Posted:
  • scullyscully  111WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 111

How are the conditions at Viniterra and Royal New Kent? Driving through next Friday and might stop.
    Thanks.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

On -, @scully said:

How are the conditions at Viniterra and Royal New Kent? Driving through next Friday and might stop.
    Thanks.

RNK was in great shape two months ago. Can’t speak to the recent conditions with the drought a lot of courses are dealing with.. I’d definitely make the stop - the course is a lot of fun and a true Strantz design. They have some of his original drawings in the clubhouse as well.

Posted:
  • clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead  285WRX Points: 108Handicap: 7.7Members Posts: 285

I played Viniterra on Monday for the first time. The conditions were mostly pretty good, with the exception of the bunkers which were terrible. They were totally untended and seemed more like mud than sand, even though we haven't had rain here in about a month. I was playing in an event, and we actually played lift, clean, and place in the bunkers. Fairways were pretty good, maybe a little thin but fine. Thought the greens rolled pretty nicely.

Posted:
  • scullyscully  111WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 111

On -, @mattw387 said:

On -, @scully said:

Thanks.

RNK was in great shape two months ago. Can’t speak to the recent conditions with the drought a lot of courses are dealing with.. I’d definitely make the stop - the course is a lot of fun and a true Strantz design. They have some of his original drawings in the clubhouse as well.

Thanks for the reply. We ended up staying and playing in Pinehurst , before coming home.

Posted:

On -, @scully said:

On -, @mattw387 said:

On -, @scully said:

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. We ended up staying and playing in Pinehurst , before coming home.

Great alternative! Pinehurst never gets old - already counting down the days until I get back.

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto  3584WRX Points: 259Members Posts: 3,584

Pinehurst is first class all the way. From a grand piano player at breakfast at the Carolina to rental club choices of Titleist pro equipment (at the time you had a choice of AP1 or AP2) See photo.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.