Titleist T100 Review Thread

lhahn

It's been about a month now and so how are people liking the T100's? There are a lot less popping up on the BST than I thought there would be so far.

I just got mine on Friday and have played two rounds with them so far. Have been swinging it so-so but man I really like the way they feel off the face and LOVE how they move through the turf. It's been a while since I've liked any Titleist irons but I think they've got a winner here. When testing I much preferred them than the CBs. Will post a picture of the bag later.

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

I have very limited testing on these but they impressed me enough to try them again. I am currently using the 718 CB's and they looked and felt very similar. I will be testing off grass and with the aid of a launch monitor to see if they offer me anything over my current set. I can't imagine there will be much in it, maybe I just want something new and shiny!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Coming from Miura TBs and then the JPX919 Tours, I was certain I was going to love and buy the MP20's but after I tried them, I ended up liking the T100's even more.

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

Can someone tell me the different between AP2 716 or 718 and the T100. To me the AP irons look like more forgiving.

Titleist TSR2 Driver 10*

Titleist TSI2 16.5*

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 20*

Titleist U510 4 iron

Titleist C16 Limited 5-GW

Titleist Vokey SM9 54° & 58°

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Special Select

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Here for the comments...currently in the process of clearing the way for new clubs and these are the ones I will be trying first.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I have played the T100 for about a month and had a lot of range time with them. I was previously gaming a set of Mizuno MP-18 MB but was hoping to gain a little more forgiveness and slightly larger look in the longer irons without sacrificing accuracy in the shorter irons. I was concerned about more offset and a larger sole than I had become accustomed to but after a month of use they are exactly what I had hoped they would be. The low amount of offset and the soles are really nice on these. They fly the distance you would expect them to and they help a little bit on slight mishits. I havent caught any fliers that I have read were an occasional problem with the AP series. To my eye these are the exact size I would like a set of irons to be. Slightly larger in the longer irons that taper down to slightly smaller in the short irons. If you are in the market for a set of irons and are a solid ball striker I would give them a serious look.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Diamana D+ 70X Titleist TS2 15* Diamana D+ 80X Titleist 915 Hd 20.5* Diamana D+ 100X Titleist T100 4-PW X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 54.14F X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 58.08M S400 TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

I just ordered my set coming from years of playing blades, they finally got the look right for me. I am hopeful for a little more forgiveness and curious how these will land on the Maltby playability factor...

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

> @Wardonation said:

> I just ordered my set coming from years of playing blades, they finally got the look right for me. I am hopeful for a little more forgiveness and curious how these will land on the Maltby playability factor...

Its' hard to say, but for me these are VERY hard to hit flush (in comparison with the Mizuno MP-20 Blades). I tried multiple shafts with both and I barely was able to hit a couple of real solid ones with the T-100s, although they were around 8-10 yards shorter than the MP-20 MBs. The fitter was shocked but he also agreed that it appear the T-100s just didnt fit my eye or something or just they plainly dont work for me. I actually felt much more "safe and confident" with the blades than with these, go figure. Ordered the MP-20s of course. But this surely aids some fire into the CB vs blade debate, it will really vary by individual and more than anything, by model (wish they had the Titleist MBs or CBs to compare, but sadly not, im a lefty).

Size wise, I put them side to side and they appear to be pretty much the same, just different darker face on the mizuno.

• Like 1

> @bribake said:

> Good feedback everyone keep it coming. I've been playing AP2's (718) and have wondered if it would be worth upgrading to the T100's.. I played Mizuno's for years but the AP2's have been great.

I cant speak to the worthiness of upgrading from the 718 AP2s but I will say that they T100 "fixed" all the issues that I had with the AP2 line. There is less offset, a smaller topline, and the soles are a little bit smaller/preworn more. Those were the only issues that I ever had with the AP2 line which I also liked. If the AP2 have been great for you I would guess that the T100 is not worth the upgrade though because they are not wildly different.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Diamana D+ 70X Titleist TS2 15* Diamana D+ 80X Titleist 915 Hd 20.5* Diamana D+ 100X Titleist T100 4-PW X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 54.14F X100 Titleist Vokey SM7 58.08M S400 TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

> @Phillipsac18 said:

> I have played the T100 for about a month and had a lot of range time with them. I was previously gaming a set of Mizuno MP-18 MB but was hoping to gain a little more forgiveness and slightly larger look in the longer irons without sacrificing accuracy in the shorter irons. I was concerned about more offset and a larger sole than I had become accustomed to but after a month of use they are exactly what I had hoped they would be. The low amount of offset and the soles are really nice on these. They fly the distance you would expect them to and they help a little bit on slight mishits. I havent caught any fliers that I have read were an occasional problem with the AP series. To my eye these are the exact size I would like a set of irons to be. Slightly larger in the longer irons that taper down to slightly smaller in the short irons. If you are in the market for a set of irons and are a solid ball striker I would give them a serious look.

You pretty much said exactly what I feel but in a much more coherent way =). I love blades but know I could use the forgiveness. But I HATE offset. These fit the bill, plus feel great to me too.

Also, to my eye they actually look smaller at address than the MP20 MBs. For some reason I really didn't like the MP20 MBs. They looked fat, thick topline and felt too mushy.

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

More firm and better/smaller profile compared to 718 AP2. Turf interaction is so good. Haven't done enough on course testing sine I've only had mine for a few weeks. Came from JPX 919 Tours and 718 AP2s before that and these fit right in the middle of these two sets in terms of forgiveness. Really like the T100s so far and plan to stay in this range until they release a new one in 2 years. Will be able to get out on course more the next 2 weekends for a lot more testing.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Played the T100s for a few weeks now. Coming from 785s - nothing wrong with them, played some very good golf with those clubs. Just wanted to make a Brand change. My perspective on gear is everything is so good these days, play the Brand(s) that you best identify with.

T100s are around 2* weaker throughout the set but play just about as long. Both are very consistent. Both are soft. I like the profile of the T100 head better (thinner, etc). 785s are slightly more playable but the T100s are pretty forgiving for the profile.

T100 want to go higher (could just be the lofts) but they go as far. T100 spin more, again could be the lofts but my guess is also head design as 785s spun less than a lot of other sets I’ve trialed this season.

Can’t go wrong with either set. Am happy with the Titleists.

Yeah I agree and that was my only gripe is the top line was a little chunky. So that might be just what I'm looking for.

> @Phillipsac18 said:

> > @bribake said:

> > Good feedback everyone keep it coming. I've been playing AP2's (718) and have wondered if it would be worth upgrading to the T100's.. I played Mizuno's for years but the AP2's have been great.

>

> I cant speak to the worthiness of upgrading from the 718 AP2s but I will say that they T100 "fixed" all the issues that I had with the AP2 line. There is less offset, a smaller topline, and the soles are a little bit smaller/preworn more. Those were the only issues that I ever had with the AP2 line which I also liked. If the AP2 have been great for you I would guess that the T100 is not worth the upgrade though because they are not wildly different.

> @juststeve said:

> I think the T100s are just better AP2s, no matter what Titleist says. They look a lot better, , they go through the turf better, they're a little bit longer, and they are still very forgiving. I count them as enough of an upgrade to consider strongly.

>

> Steve

100% agree

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

> @juststeve said:

> I think the T100s are just better AP2s, no matter what Titleist says. They look a lot better, , they go through the turf better, they're a little bit longer, and they are still very forgiving. I count them as enough of an upgrade to consider strongly.

>

> Steve

Also agree with this and if those improvements are what you are looking for in an iron or what you would like that the AP2s are lacking they are certainly worth a look.

> @bribake said:

> Good feedback everyone keep it coming. I've been playing AP2's (718) and have wondered if it would be worth upgrading to the T100's.. I played Mizuno's for years but the AP2's have been great.

AP2 feels a bit dead compared to T100. Also top line is thicker on AP2. Otherwise very similar so no need to upgrade.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

> @hypergolf said:

> > @bribake said:

> > Good feedback everyone keep it coming. I've been playing AP2's (718) and have wondered if it would be worth upgrading to the T100's.. I played Mizuno's for years but the AP2's have been great.

>

> AP2 feels a bit dead compared to T100. Also top line is thicker on AP2. Otherwise very similar so no need to upgrade.

They're worth the cosmetic upgrade of looks from address and the better turf interaction if you have the funds to spend. They are definitely not quite as forgiving as AP2's but for the profile they are probably as forgiving as you'll find.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I am definitely in agreement with Happy. Especially the 4,5 and 6 irons, they are not as forgiving as the 718 AP2's. I do like the shape of the higher lofted ones for sure.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, MMT 105S

Cleveland RTX 6, 60 mid, Tour Rack Raw,Nippon Modus wedge 115

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

• 4 weeks later...

Playing a new set for 1 month- T100 P-5 iron w/ Project X LZ 6.0, +1/4", standard lie, 5 iron strengthened a touch when I went bag to my club champion fitter for a second look gapping session. 4 iron is a new P790 with Accra icwt M4 shaft, but 2 degrees weak for gapping and offset.

Came from 9 years of Mizuno- MP53, MP25, MP18SC. MP53s were in the bag the longest.

What I like- great looking in bag, thin topline, reduced offset, compact squared off toe (compared to Mizuno which has a higher more rounded toe), great transition to my SM7 wedges, expected distances/spins, feel good.

What I don't- perhaps not as soft as MP18 SC initially, but don't really notice now, or care. T200 and T300 did not impress, so don't like their options for combo. May be a looks and offset thing the the T200/300, but why I went for the P790 in the 4 iron to gap to my 20* hybrid. Weakening the loft not only corrected a gapping issue, but reduced the offset to that similar in the 5-6 irons.

Final thoughts- T100s likely to be my next 4-5 year irons.

• Like 1

> @nanosg said:

> Playing a new set for 1 month- T100 P-5 iron w/ Project X LZ 6.0, +1/4", standard lie, 5 iron strengthened a touch when I went bag to my club champion fitter for a second look gapping session. 4 iron is a new P790 with Accra icwt M4 shaft, but 2 degrees weak for gapping and offset.

>

> Came from 9 years of Mizuno- MP53, MP25, MP18SC. MP53s were in the bag the longest.

>

> What I like- great looking in bag, thin topline, reduced offset, compact squared off toe (compared to Mizuno which has a higher more rounded toe), great transition to my SM7 wedges, expected distances/spins, feel good.

>

> What I don't- perhaps not as soft as MP18 SC initially, but don't really notice now, or care. T200 and T300 did not impress, so don't like their options for combo. May be a looks and offset thing the the T200/300, but why I went for the P790 in the 4 iron to gap to my 20* hybrid. Weakening the loft not only corrected a gapping issue, but reduced the offset to that similar in the 5-6 irons.

>

> Final thoughts- T100s likely to be my next 4-5 year irons.

My thoughts were the same re: T200. Many on here saying how good they are. I could not even look at that offset it is horrible looking.

• Like 1

I have had my set for about a month and a half and they are exactly what I had hoped they would be. I came from Mizuno MP-18 MBs 4-PW and have the same set up in the T100s. The MBs were great for me from 7-PW but I needed a little more visual and actual forgiveness in the 4-6. I tried the MP 18 SCs and for whatever reason just could not get along with them, the MMCs with the same results, and did not like the fli hi’s. I wanted a set that I did not need to combo (not that I was completely against it) and that I wouldnt lose accuracy in the shorter irons but gained forgiveness in the longer end. T100 has so far fit the bill for me. The short irons are still very accurate for me and the long irons offer a touch of forgiveness that the MBs did not. Look and feel are also excellent and to me the T100 feel better than I remember the AP2 line feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gone from 714 AP2’s into the T100. That is what I am looking at at the moment and particularly interested in any thoughts that people would have on the forgiveness of the 714 AP2 to the T100.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I went from 714 ap2’s to T100. Had T100 for 6 weeks now and gotten quite a few rounds in with the decent weather we’ve been having.

i wasn’t sure T100 was going to be an improvement but my 714’s were starting to wear so I needed to make a change. T100 for me have been an improvement in all areas. Turf interaction is phenomenal. Love the shape and size of T100. They are definitely smaller.

I don’t notice any difference in forgiveness between the two. Both are solid clubs.

Perfect, thank you for the information. The AP2’s are just the right level of forgiveness for me so I was hoping that the T100 would be the same.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I was just able to play my first round outside with the T100s here in Michigan. I was very, very pleased. They felt great, looked great and went through the turf just the way I'd like.

I wasn't really sold on them from my fitting and on a simulator but I was more than pleased outdoors. I liked them much more than the 718 AP2s I had for a little bit.

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS