Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Scotty Cameron FAQ

GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,837 admin
edited Aug 11, 2007 in Putters #1
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
    edited Feb 7, 2006 #2
    Nice work, Gx. 7.gif
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • rejanssen63021rejanssen63021 Members Posts: 26
    So is the 34 inch Circa 62 model #3 being sold from Japan on ebay legitimate? Is it authentic?
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,306 admin
    Great post Ryan. Took you a lot of time and looks great.
  • choeppnerchoeppner MACHINE Putters Sponsors, Charter Members Posts: 10,298 ✭✭
    One change is would make is to delete AOP from the list. Rand has now closed the Art of Putters to concentrate more on his Plaza Golf Store.

-CHRIS-
    Machine_DLR_Header_Logo02.jpg

Please feel free to contact me at:
    [email="[email protected]?subject=MACHINE%20Putters"][email protected][/email]
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,700 ClubWRX
    choeppner wrote on Nov 15 2006, 10:55 PM:
    One change is would make is to delete AOP from the list. Rand has now closed the Art of Putters to concentrate more on his Plaza Golf Store.

-CHRIS-

Rand has reopened AOP again so this link should be added.
    Taylormade M3 9.9 degree tour head, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour  AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tour (3-PW) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips
  • RibbieRibbie Members Posts: 46
    Do you have to join Club Cameron annually or is it a one time membership fee?
  • SoonerChris SoonerChris Members Posts: 1,149
    From what I have read it is a reoccuring yearly fee.
    Callaway Rouge SZ 10.5* - Evenflow 65
    Callaway Rouge SZ 15* - Evenflow 75
    Callaway X Forged Utility 18* - Tensi White
    Ping iE1 3-PW AWT 2.0
    Vokey SM6 52-56-60
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback MOTO
    Scotty Cameron M2
  • nickpoznickpoz Members Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    Ribbie wrote on Mar 30 2008, 08:17 PM:

It is a yearly fee that comes with a different membership package for each year.
  • RibbieRibbie Members Posts: 46
    thanks guys, that's what I thought but I just wanted some clarification
  • Bermuda GrassBermuda Grass Members Posts: 4
    Does anyone know when the 2010 Scotty Cameron Putters will be released? I looked all over the official scotty cameron website and found nothing. I was looking to get a new putter, but if they come out within the next two or three months I'm thinking it'll be better to just wait. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  • briangargbriangarg Members Posts: 16
    Bermuda Grass I don't know that when 2010 scotty cameron putters will be released, you could choose something different variety of putter, I thinks all are good. just think over it...
  • PinkiPigPinkiPig Members Posts: 26
    Hey Good morning,

I have a question about the Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Long 50".

Link from a previous comment: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/mont...237301572-2.jpg

I actually dont want to have this silly looking red-black grip, does anyone know if acushnet is gonna simply run this putter with a pure black grib aswell? Extra price wouldnt be a problem, but actually I like all the custom gribs of normal 32-35" Putters but I never saw any other grib of the long one?

Kind Regards and Thank you.
  • jsanatxjsanatx God Bless Texas Members Posts: 1,974 ✭✭
    Bermuda Grass wrote on Jun 14 2009, 08:51 PM:
    Does anyone know when the 2010 Scotty Cameron Putters will be released? I looked all over the official scotty cameron website and found nothing. I was looking to get a new putter, but if they come out within the next two or three months I'm thinking it'll be better to just wait. Your help is greatly appreciated.

i heard it was schedule for this month, but was pushed back to December. also, i beleive they were taking pre-order for some of the styles (Napa?) and if you didn;t get your order in, it'll be a long wait.
    917 D2 w/Diamana S+ 60g
    Titleist 917F 15* w/Tour AD Di
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Adams PNT v1 18* and v2 22*
    Vokey SM5 46*
    Vokey Cold Forged 52/10
    Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 56/08
    Vokey TVD 60*
    SC 009 Triple Skulls 350g
  • MR MIZUN0MR MIZUN0 Members Posts: 564
    Napa's are due out this month (October) and the rest of the line in December
  • Openwater22Openwater22 ClubWRX Posts: 3,073 ClubWRX
    MR MIZUN0 wrote on Oct 7 2009, 04:37 PM:

Are the Napa's being released thru the studio store or only thru retailers? I check the studio store several times a day awaiting the release. My closest retailer told me the Napa is only available in 35". Is this true? thanks.
    Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
    Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
    Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
    Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D
  • nickpoznickpoz Members Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    openwater32 wrote on Oct 22 2009, 01:40 PM:
    MR MIZUN0 wrote on Oct 7 2009, 04:37 PM:

Are the Napa's being released thru the studio store or only thru retailers? I check the studio store several times a day awaiting the release. My closest retailer told me the Napa is only available in 35". Is this true? thanks.

Putters are sold only from Titleist accounts, never from the studio store
  • Openwater22Openwater22 ClubWRX Posts: 3,073 ClubWRX
    nickpoz,

Thanks for the info. Do you know the answer to my question about 35" being the only length available?
    Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
    M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
    Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
    Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
    Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
    Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D
  • LoveSick666LoveSick666 Members Posts: 965
    I already posted this in the Putter Talk section, but then i saw this thread and figured it would be a good place to ask. I just found a mid 1990's SC Oil Can Napa in my parents garage that i had back in high school. It definitely needs to be refinished, but i was curious if anyone could tell me what it is worth? Also if someone could tell me how to figure out what year it is from? I do know it was an original oil can but i was thinking of having it powder coated or refinished in something else but if it is worth more in the oil can finish them maybe i will go with that if someone can let me know. thanks a lot in advance.
  • seanindetroitseanindetroit Members Posts: 167
    yes, you have to join it every year. a membership lasts one year then u have to renew
  • ZMOZMO Members Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭
    Prolly 3 to 4 hundo, tops.
  • basshuntermdbasshuntermd Lefty Boomers Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Ribbie wrote:

I think it is yearly.....
  • jimmin8jimmin8 Members Posts: 69
    It is every year..
  • varsityhackervarsityhacker Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I already posted this in the Putter Talk section, but then i saw this thread and figured it would be a good place to ask. I just found a mid 1990's SC Oil Can Napa in my parents garage that i had back in high school. It definitely needs to be refinished, but i was curious if anyone could tell me what it is worth? Also if someone could tell me how to figure out what year it is from? I do know it was an original oil can but i was thinking of having it powder coated or refinished in something else but if it is worth more in the oil can finish them maybe i will go with that if someone can let me know. thanks a lot in advance.

The first OC Napa was produced in 1998. That was the year OC finish went into production. The first OC putter was done in 1997 and it was a Made for the Tour Newport Beach. As to value, I am not sure without pictures, but I would not put too much stock on it, specially if is beat up. Also, at 35/330g, it is a tough sell.

I woud restore it if you plan to use it. OC is a beautiful finish and if you don't want to send it to the Custom Shop, BOS has a very nice OC finish and less expensive. It is unfortunate that the Studio can't replicate the original OC finish, that was a beautiful finish indeed. The new OC finish does not look the same.

Good luck, I hope this helped a bit.

I thought the original OC and Black Ox finishes where done by BOS for Scotty. I could be wrong.
  • PrutPrut Miles City, MontanaMembers Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 24, 2011 #25
    I bought a Black Barbados putter that had a red dancing Scotty Cameron grip, a striking combination. The putter appeared to be well cared for, but the grip is rock hard and slick. It couldn't be that old. Has anyone else experienced this with these grips? Are they supposed to be that way?
  • rherna23rherna23 Members Posts: 98
    i had the red dancing scotty grip with cord and after a month or so it started to get very slick and changed to the iomic grip. it feels great just have to clean it a lot. Now i am looking to get a custom grip midsize from scotty
  • pellertpalepellertpale Members Posts: 25
    edited Feb 10, 2011 #27
    [url="http://www.vogeygolf.com/"][color="#353535"]Bill Vogeney's site-For Beginning Cameron Collectors[/color][/url]

Link is no such thing.

BTW, I'm looking for a SC stitchback grip, and don't want to pay $59.99 like their site has them, at least last I checked.
  • bigmacmdmbigmacmdm Members Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file