2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Toulon Putters

mkd3

Overall I think I could be considered a Toulon hater....but some of their putters are great. Your arguement about a toulon garage vs a tour scotty can be made about any putter really. Scotty tours are hugely overpriced and overrated BUT highly collectable obviously.

I don't think Toulon will ever catch Scotty, especially with their new Odyssey stamping all over the putter. Really ruined it for me. The boys want to show off their Scotty swag, not their Toulon swag...

Performance wise...they are all the same really.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

> @ZTB481 said:

> I have a Toulon Design Long Island putter with a 40 gram sole weight and love it. Bought a Rochester model for the Anser style look and it came with a 7 gram sole weight and it felt terrible. Is there some reason other than the sole weigt difference causing this ? Thanks.

Put the 40g weight in the Rochester and find out.

Just an idea. I like my Rochester with 20g weight.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @RodrigoNicely said:

> I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

• Like 1

^^ Titleist is on every Cameron putter. Don't get me wrong. Cameron putters are good products. But hardly groundbreaking exceptional quality clubs. Toulon putters are every bit as good as Cameron, better than the "crown" line that was recently introduced. Personally I liked Toulon better when they were a standalone brand-before Sean sold to Callaway/Odyssey.

> @Vanderslam9 said:

> > @RodrigoNicely said:

> > I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

>

> I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

>

> The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

I'm more than fairly certain Scotty makes his putters in china too, just to be fair.

> @drscott266 said:

> > @Vanderslam9 said:

> > > @RodrigoNicely said:

> > > I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

> >

> > I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

> >

> > The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

>

> I'm more than fairly certain Scotty makes his putters in china too, just to be fair.

On their website they claim all made in USA. My take is twofold. A quality product can be, and is, made in any country. Too many think China made is inherently inferior. They can make products as well as anyone if they so choose. As regards putters I despise inserts of any kind which is why I dislike most Cameron otr current offerings.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @drscott266 said:

> > > @Vanderslam9 said:

> > > > @RodrigoNicely said:

> > > > I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

> > >

> > > I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

> > >

> > > The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

> >

> > I'm more than fairly certain Scotty makes his putters in china too, just to be fair.

>

> On their website they claim all made in USA. My take is twofold. A quality product can be, and is, made in any country. Too many think China made is inherently inferior. They can make products as well as anyone if they so choose. As regards putters I despise inserts of any kind which is why I dislike most Cameron otr current offerings.

I'm certainly not trying to offend you, and totally agree with your assessment. I think Scotty finishes his heads in the USA, but honestly its a mute point. I totally agree with your thoughts on the OTR inserts, and was surprised how much I liked the Toulon for feel... been a scotty guy forever

> @drscott266 said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @drscott266 said:

> > > > @Vanderslam9 said:

> > > > > @RodrigoNicely said:

> > > > > I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

> > > >

> > > > I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

> > > >

> > > > The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

> > >

> > > I'm more than fairly certain Scotty makes his putters in china too, just to be fair.

> >

> > On their website they claim all made in USA. My take is twofold. A quality product can be, and is, made in any country. Too many think China made is inherently inferior. They can make products as well as anyone if they so choose. As regards putters I despise inserts of any kind which is why I dislike most Cameron otr current offerings.

>

> I'm certainly not trying to offend you, and totally agree with your assessment. I think Scotty finishes his heads in the USA, but honestly its a mute point. I totally agree with your thoughts on the OTR inserts, and was surprised how much I liked the Toulon for feel... been a scotty guy forever

Scotty heads are made in the USA. Shafts are not but the heads are.

• Like 1

I love the Toulon brand and what they bring to Odyssey but to think he/they willl ever catch Scotty is crazy. Not the biggest problem but huge nonetheless is the fact that Toulon is following the Odyssey Premium putter strategy which I'm sure is dictated by Callaway. All of their high end putters are eventually marked down so cheap that they have totally destroyed resale value. As long as Toulon is offered on Callaway PreOwned their resale value will always be bad. When guys pay a premium he likes to think the value won't dive. That's not to say that Scotty's OTR models don't depreciate but take a look at resale values almost 2 year after launch. For a 2018 Newport in excellent condition, you can still get around $275 on Ebay and retailers are still getting $389 new. A 2018 Toulon San Diego can be had for around $199 from retailers new and around $179 on Ebay. Until that is fixed, Scotty will still be king.

> @Meanmachinemoe said:

> I love the Toulon brand and what they bring to Odyssey but to think he/they willl ever catch Scotty is crazy. Not the biggest problem but huge nonetheless is the fact that Toulon is following the Odyssey Premium putter strategy which I'm sure is dictated by Callaway. All of their high end putters are eventually marked down so cheap that they have totally destroyed resale value. As long as Toulon is offered on Callaway PreOwned their resale value will always be bad. When guys pay a premium he likes to think the value won't dive. That's not to say that Scotty's OTR models don't depreciate but take a look at resale values almost 2 year after launch. For a 2018 Newport in excellent condition, you can still get around $275 on Ebay and retailers are still getting $389 new. A 2018 Toulon San Diego can be had for around $199 from retailers new and around $179 on Ebay. Until that is fixed, Scotty will still be king.

This is 100% true. I was able to get a 2019 toulon memphis with stroke lab for $200 shipped. Just no resale value even though they are nice putters

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love that they are on CPO. Great deals when the go on sale(40% a little while ago). I have tried at least six Toulon's. They have all been gorgeous. I think they has really perfected the footprint of mid mallet/mallet. I love how they are just a little smaller than everything else. It will kind of surprise you at first, but it 's a perfect fit for a quality milled putter. Feel can vary with different headshapes, but haven't noticed anything different between generations. I love the full face milling, but prefer the more minimal Toulon stamping. I have avoided the stroke lab shaft though.

I haven't sold it yet, but it my H4 Memphis has kicked my 2012 Newport out of the bag.

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2019 at 6:43 AM, Go Horns! said:

Once they started putting the Odyssey logos all over them, they killed all panache that the Toulon brand had. Just call it an Odyssey milled.

I agree. They most certainly did it for the putter count on tour but I think they could've added Odyssey significantly more subtly and still accomplished their goal of wanting to be #1 putter brand on tour. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, Go Horns! said:

Once they started putting the Odyssey logos all over them, they killed all panache that the Toulon brand had. Just call it an Odyssey milled.

I don’t care if my putters say Roy Rogers on the back of the putter not seen at address.  If I like what I’m looking down at, like the feel and it sinks putts I could care less. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roundersmitty said:

I don’t care if my putters say Roy Rogers on the back of the putter not seen at address.  If I like what I’m looking down at, like the feel and it sinks putts I could care less. 

I'll take the Shirley Temple if I can avoid 3 putts 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

• 6 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:29 AM, drscott266 said:

> @Vanderslam9 said:

> > @RodrigoNicely said:

> > I have both. Really don’t notice much difference honestly. Great putters and I expect Toulon will eventually catch the great Cameron. I already think his garage putters are everybit as good as any tour Cameron’s out really.

>

> I respect your opinion but think it is far fetched to think Toulon will catch Cameron. Toulon unfortunately has the Odyssey brand all over there products and Odyssey is a 'cheap' name, compared to Cameron and Bettinardi which are stand alone brands. Although Scotty does have Titleist, the only putter TItleist makes is Cameron and they are not cheap.

>

> The other tough thing for Toulon is that their product is all made in China, so they don't have much of a craftsmanship/quality story here with their product, compared to all the other putter companies out there. Go to any retail store and ask how Toulon is selling, or just look in the discounted bins/racks for your answer...

I'm more than fairly certain Scotty makes his putters in china too, just to be fair.

Question, are Toulon Garage also made in China ? i know when the first batch or Toulon Garage that has "USA" those are Made in USA but how about the ones without it ?

i think its hard for Toulon to compete with SC one reason is they are more in inferior due to that it is Made in China, don't get me wrong, there are still quality products coming out of China but people do want products that are made in USA with the highest craftsmanship and heritage if any. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 9.0 - Tour AD IZ S

Srixon ZX U 3 Iron - Tour AD DI 95 S 

Srixon ZX7 MK II 4-P - Modus 120 Stiff 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 60 / 54 / 50 - DG Tour Issue S400 

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 

Toulon San Diego Garage

Vice Pro