2019 Buick LPGA Shanghai Oct 17 - 20

Argonne69

**Race to the CME Globe:** 500 Points

**Format:** 72 holes

**Purse:** $2,100,000

**Par:** 71

**Yardage:** 6,691

**History:** This is the 2nd year for the event. In 2018, Danielle Kang won her second-career LPGA Tour title, defeating Lydia Ko, Marina Alex, Annie Park, Wenbo Liu, Brittany Altomare, Ariya Jutanugarn and Sei Young Kim by two shots.

**Coverage:**

Oct 17: The Golf Channel 2:00 am - 4:00 am (ET)

Oct 18: The Golf Channel 2:00 am - 4:00 am (ET)

Oct 19: The Golf Channel 2:00 am - 4:00 am (ET)

Oct 20: The Golf Channel 2:00 am - 4:00 am (ET)

![](https://www.buick-lpgashanghai.com/uploads/allimg/191004/1-19100412033V41.jpeg "")

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, back to some golf. Unfortunately we only get a measly 2 hours of coverage per day. 'Hard to get excited about that. The weather looks ideal with mostly sunny skies, highs in the mid-70's, and light winds.

We have a very strong field with only five players in the World Top 20 sitting out (Sung Hyun, Lexi, Inbee, So Yeon, and Hannah).

I'm going to stick with Brittany again this week. She's been knocking on the door often enough lately, she's going to find it unlocked at some point. Sei Young and Lydia should also have good weeks.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Inbee and In Gee are playing in Korea. Not sure about Sung Hyun and So Yeon.

I'm a bit surprised that 6ix is not defending her title in Korea. She's locked up the RoY award, and is safely in the CME Tour Championship. 'Not much to play for in Shanghai.

It should be obvious as well that every time Jin Young is in the field she will be in contention. I'm almost positive she is a robot, or has had her DNA mixed with Hogans, Annika's, Tiger's, and Se Ri's to create perfection on a golf course. Do you think she get's tired of kissing and hoisting trophies? Na, I doubt it. B)

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> Minjee for the W, Carlota, Yu, and Nelly coming in atop the board as well. Darkhorse for the week, the Selfie Queen Muni He.

Liu Yu getting the win (her first) in her home country would be great. I actually hope one of the home country players can win each of the next four tournaments (Taiwan may be a stretch).

Muni is playing with Minjee and Lee6. Maybe she will step it up and show them how it's done.

> @agolf1 said:

> Are SHP, Inbee and SYR playing KLPGA this week? I presume In Gee is, as I think this is one of her sponsors?

>

> NYC and Paula got a sponsor invite. Not sure how this was decided...

If NYC and Paula were the sponsor invites, by what status category did Liligram Munigram Hegram get into the field? Will her winnings count towards official for priority?

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > Are SHP, Inbee and SYR playing KLPGA this week? I presume In Gee is, as I think this is one of her sponsors?

> >

> > NYC and Paula got a sponsor invite. Not sure how this was decided...

>

> If NYC and Paula were the sponsor invites, by what status category did Liligram Munigram Hegram get into the field? Will her winnings count towards official for priority?

I think Muni got in because the host nation (PRC) is given a certain number of spots for home country players. I don't believe her earnings will count for priority (I think this list is frozen at this point) but I assume if she somehow won this week she would get to keep her card / avoid Q-Series. Argonne or 18Majors may know more here.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > Are SHP, Inbee and SYR playing KLPGA this week? I presume In Gee is, as I think this is one of her sponsors?

> > >

> > > NYC and Paula got a sponsor invite. Not sure how this was decided...

> >

> > If NYC and Paula were the sponsor invites, by what status category did Liligram Munigram Hegram get into the field? Will her winnings count towards official for priority?

> I think Muni got in because the host nation (PRC) is given a certain number of spots for home country players. I don't believe her earnings will count for priority (I think this list is frozen at this point) but I assume if she somehow won this week she would get to keep her card / avoid Q-Series. Argonne or 18Majors may know more here.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > Are SHP, Inbee and SYR playing KLPGA this week? I presume In Gee is, as I think this is one of her sponsors?

> > >

> > > NYC and Paula got a sponsor invite. Not sure how this was decided...

> >

> > If NYC and Paula were the sponsor invites, by what status category did Liligram Munigram Hegram get into the field? Will her winnings count towards official for priority?

> I think Muni got in because the host nation (PRC) is given a certain number of spots for home country players. I don't believe her earnings will count for priority (I think this list is frozen at this point) but I assume if she somehow won this week she would get to keep her card / avoid Q-Series. Argonne or 18Majors may know more here.

I believe you are right on all counts.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > Muni is playing with Minjee and Lee6. Maybe she will step it up and show them how it's done.

>

> Anything is possible, everybody has their moment. I'm not gonna bet the farm on such a thing that's for sure.

Cheyenne Knight was on the verge of losing her card, and heading back to Q Series. She shot lights out for four rounds at the VoA and secured her card for the next few seasons. Yeah, unlikely, but sh*t still happens.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > Muni is playing with Minjee and Lee6. Maybe she will step it up and show them how it's done.

> >

> > Anything is possible, everybody has their moment. I'm not gonna bet the farm on such a thing that's for sure.

>

> Cheyenne Knight was on the verge of losing her card, and heading back to Q Series. She shot lights out for four rounds at the VoA and secured her card for the next few seasons. Yeah, unlikely, but sh*t still happens.

>

Yes sir, like I said anything is possible. Let's not forget Pernilla Lindberg...as you said sh!t happens lol.

Nasa continues her excellent play in Asia, grabbing a share of the lead with Amy at -5. A quality leaderboard right behind them.

Well, this sucks. My building recently got a new "cloud-based" cable provider. Of course last night's LPGA broadcast recorded, but won't play back. Gotta love new technology. 15+ years with a disk-based DVR and I never missed a recorded episode. Hopefully it was a one time glitch, and this evening's recording works. Pffffttttt.

Looks like Livestream coverage begins at 11pm EST each day on the NBC Sports App. Problem is the app offers no replay or recording capability. Planning on watching 1st hour or so on the app, then catching the remainder via YouTube TV DVR.

Blending a bit of the old with the new going into 2024

PXG 0311 Black OPS Driver 10.5* 

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway 3W 15*

Tour Edge Hot Launch C524 Hybrid 3H 19* / 4H 22* 

PXG 0311 XP Gen6 Double Black Irons 5i - GW 

Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black Wedge 54* / 58*

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 702 Putter

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver 10.5* (alt)

Thankfully my faulty cloud service seems to have successfully recorded the 2nd round. Wow, what a day for Brooke. Only one bogie, along with 7 birdies and a hole in one on the par 3 2nd. Since Brittany claimed the hole in one prize yesterday, a Buick, Brooke got a lousy consolation prize, a model Buick. Ugh.

Jessica and Danielle had solid rounds, and are within sight of Brooke. Kristen shot 6 under, and put herself in contention. Brittany shot 69, but four bogies kept her from really climbing the board.

Lots of high scores. The course is definitely score-able, but it also has teeth.

Fun to have the Australian crew back. Mariner and Naser may beg to differ, though. For a two hour broadcast, they do show a lot of golf. 'Not sure why they wasted several minutes showing Shanshan getting relief from a cart path.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Thankfully my faulty cloud service seems to have successfully recorded the 2nd round. Wow, what a day for Brooke. Only one bogie, along with 7 birdies and a hole in one on the par 3 2nd. Since Brittany claimed the hole in one prize yesterday, a Buick, Brooke got a lousy consolation prize, a model Buick. Ugh.

>

> Jessica and Danielle had solid rounds, and are within sight of Brooke. Kristen shot 6 under, and put herself in contention. Brittany shot 69, but four bogies kept her from really climbing the board.

>

> Lots of high scores. The course is definitely score-able, but it also has teeth.

>

> Fun to have the Australian crew back. Mariner and Naser may beg to differ, though. For a two hour broadcast, they do show a lot of golf. 'Not sure why they wasted several minutes showing Shanshan getting relief from a cart path.

>

"Not sure why they wasted several minutes showing Shanshan getting relief from a cart path."

I daresay that it was intended for local consumption. She is the headliner of the Chinese contingent...along with Muni He ... though if she doesn't have a better season next year she may start falling off the radar rather quickly.

Glad that Kristen has been noticed:

During Friday's second round, Gillman was undoubtedly relaxed. She carded a 7-under par 66 by taking advantage of the par 5s. She made an eagle at Nos. 13 and 17 to sit just six-strokes back, heading into the weekend.

[https://lpga.com/news/2019-gillman-making-presence-felt-on-tour-this-season](https://www.lpga.com/news/2019-gillman-making-presence-felt-on-tour-this-season "https://lpga.com/news/2019-gillman-making-presence-felt-on-tour-this-season")

> @Argonne69 said:

> Thankfully my faulty cloud service seems to have successfully recorded the 2nd round. Wow, what a day for Brooke. Only one bogie, along with 7 birdies and a hole in one on the par 3 2nd. Since Brittany claimed the hole in one prize yesterday, a Buick, Brooke got a lousy consolation prize, a model Buick. Ugh.

For some reason, Buick is quite popular in China. But I can't see Brooke, let alone any North American 20-something, driving a Buick. Fortunately, Brooke can afford to buy herself a car.

Apologies to any Buick drivers out there...

> @xxio said:

> Basically match play tomorrow. First one who blinks loses.

I dunno. Brooke is five shots off the lead, and shot a 64 on Friday. Another round like that, and a bit of a stumble by either Jessica or Danielle could get her back into it. Brooke can't be happy with her 73 today.

Danielle seems to really like this course. Back to back wins here would be something.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Thankfully my faulty cloud service seems to have successfully recorded the 2nd round. Wow, what a day for Brooke. Only one bogie, along with 7 birdies and a hole in one on the par 3 2nd. Since Brittany claimed the hole in one prize yesterday, a Buick, Brooke got a lousy consolation prize, a model Buick. Ugh.

> For some reason, Buick is quite popular in China. But I can't see Brooke, let alone any North American 20-something, driving a Buick. Fortunately, Brooke can afford to buy herself a car.

>

> Apologies to any Buick drivers out there...

Funny you should say this, I was sitting with a group of college students discussing cars, houses and what kind they wanted. Someone mentioned they wanted a nice car but not like their parents Buick because a Buick was for old people who couldn’t afford a Mercedes or Lexus but still wanted a decent car.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @xxio said:

> > Basically match play tomorrow. First one who blinks loses.

>

> I dunno. Brooke is five shots off the lead, and shot a 64 on Friday. Another round like that, and a bit of a stumble by either Jessica or Danielle could get her back into it. Brooke can't be happy with her 73 today.

>

> Danielle seems to really like this course. Back to back wins here would be something.

She would have to shoot another 64 and both Jessica and Danielle would both have to not break 70.

> @18majors said:

> Go Kristen Gillman!

> The T4 is her second best position after any round this season; is she ready to stand up and be counted?

Lots of folks notice her game, she just didn't get the media hype some other rookies may have. She let her game speak for itself with that runner up for Louise Suggs Rolex ROY.