Elson Redmond Practice area - Richmond

clp34vmp ·  
clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead 285WRX Points: 108Handicap: 7.7Members Posts: 285

I was in Richmond on Sunday with some time to kill and thought I would check out the Elson Redmond driving range. I only found out about the day before via a quick Google search. It's operated by the First Tee of Richmond, and is within a mile or two of the middle of the city. What a great little place it is - exactly what the sport needs to make it possible to introduce new people to the game at an affordable price. It has both grass tees and covered mats, a chipping and pitching area with sand, and a putting green. All are in very good shape. Then there is also a little six hole par 3 course designed by Lester George. We need more of these types of places; it's very well designed to take up as little land as possible while still offering a real golf experience. I saw all kinds of players there from the whole range of skill levels. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a good place to practice right near downtown.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.