We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Has Anyone done a complete Bag fitting at Ping in Oakville? Discuss

kgeorge78 ·  
kgeorge78kgeorge78  7890Members Posts: 7,890

Has anybody done the complete bag fitting at Ping in Oakville Ontario?

Ive played the i20 and they were amazing. Had a brief stint with the 210 and loved them as well.

the G410 Plus driver is soooo straight it should be illegal.
I like the Ping Fairway and Hybrids so what the **** Im going to give it a try.

Might not order all Ping but wouldn't mind to do a fitting I haven't been fit for anything in years.

Any reviews or experiences to share??

THanks!

Posted:

Titleist TS2 10.5 Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TS2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7
Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
Vokey SM2 52 56 60
Black EvnRoll ER2

Comments

• RyanBarathWRXRyanBarathWRX  60Media Staffer Posts: 60

The Whole team in Oakville is fantastic.
    I highly recommend anybody there!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 1613Members Posts: 1,613

@kgeorge78 said:
    Has anybody done the complete bag fitting at Ping in Oakville Ontario?

Ive played the i20 and they were amazing. Had a brief stint with the 210 and loved them as well.

the G410 Plus driver is soooo straight it should be illegal.
    I like the Ping Fairway and Hybrids so what the **** Im going to give it a try.

Might not order all Ping but wouldn't mind to do a fitting I haven't been fit for anything in years.

Any reviews or experiences to share??

THanks!

I’ve heard very good things. What is the cost? Hit the LST yesterday and it was quite nice though spun more than TS3 for me. Good idea getting fit. I self fit myself for my last set and struggled a bit with my irons (LZ 6.0) and was way off with that. Ended up in $-Taper 130X. Never would’ve guessed that. You might be surprised with what you end up in.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° Project X Evenflow White 6.5x 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Black 6.0 85g
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Vokey SM7 50F 56M 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35"
    Pro V1x
    Currently - 5.6

• TommyjTommyj  517Members Posts: 517

I did the full fitting a number of years ago, but that was before places like TXG and Modern Golf got popular. I thought the Oakville facility was great and the fitter did a really good job. I don't think they had an abundance of exotic shafts at that time and everything he fit me for was with the stock Ping shafts. I had always been an i-series player, but that fitting convinced me that G is where I should be. The wedge portion of the fitting was more of an afterthought - he just recommended what lofts I should fill in the set with, so no actual hitting of wedges to get exact gaps dialed in.

I think they closed down the fitting facility sometime last year to completely update it. While I was happy with my Ping experience, I think that my iron fitting at TXG last year was at a completely different level. I assume that Ping now also has a more complete range of shafts on hand, but I doubt it compares to what PXG has. Ping used to do their fittings for free, but then started asking for $50 which they donate to amateur golf. That was in 2018 so it may be more now. Ping's service in Oakville for both fitting and club adjustments/repairs has always been first class, and for $50 you can't go wrong. I'm sure the data they collect during fittings is closer to what TXG has, although I doubt you are going to have the same level of detail.

Posted:
  • balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way? 1613Members Posts: 1,613

@Tommyj said:
    I did the full fitting a number of years ago, but that was before places like TXG and Modern Golf got popular. I thought the Oakville facility was great and the fitter did a really good job. I don't think they had an abundance of exotic shafts at that time and everything he fit me for was with the stock Ping shafts. I had always been an i-series player, but that fitting convinced me that G is where I should be. The wedge portion of the fitting was more of an afterthought - he just recommended what lofts I should fill in the set with, so no actual hitting of wedges to get exact gaps dialed in.

I think they closed down the fitting facility sometime last year to completely update it. While I was happy with my Ping experience, I think that my iron fitting at TXG last year was at a completely different level. I assume that Ping now also has a more complete range of shafts on hand, but I doubt it compares to what PXG has. Ping used to do their fittings for free, but then started asking for $50 which they donate to amateur golf. That was in 2018 so it may be more now. Ping's service in Oakville for both fitting and club adjustments/repairs has always been first class, and for $50 you can't go wrong. I'm sure the data they collect during fittings is closer to what TXG has, although I doubt you are going to have the same level of detail.

That’s very inexpensive. I heard a full bag fitting with Ian from TXG is now upwards of $800

Posted:
    Pro V1x
    Currently - 5.6

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7876Members Posts: 7,876

Was just there 2 weeks ago for training and have been there before for personal fittings. If you are looking for Ping stuff, it's the place to go. More shaft and head options. Great experience! Go in with an open mind, like all fittings, and you will have a great time and will be very educational.

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • WristySwingWristySwing  141Members Posts: 141

@balls_deep said:

@Tommyj said:

That’s very inexpensive. I heard a full bag fitting with Ian from TXG is now upwards of $800

While true, Ian is not the only fitter there. Looks like he is double the price of the rest of the staff according to their price sheet https://txg.ca/toronto/

@kgeorge78 If Ping is what you want then it makes sense to go right to the source. If you want to make sure you are getting the best equipment you can buy going brand agnostic is the best thing to do.

Posted:

Cobra F9 - Ventus Black
    Ping G410 4 wood and 7 wood (16.5-20.5) - Rogue Black 130
    Callaway Big Bertha 2019 hybrid 5H-8H (24-35) - Diamana Thump Hy for when the back is bad
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-P (23-45) - Accra i110 for when the back is great
    Cleveland CBX2 GW and SW (50-55) - Accra i123
    Taylormade Hi-Toe Big Foot ATV - Accra i123
    Bettinardi Custom 1 of 1 or Scotty Teryllium T22 NP2 - Stability
    Always Lamkin Grips

Advertisement
  • TommyjTommyj  517Members Posts: 517

@balls_deep said:

@Tommyj said:

The guys at Ping are really good, but with Ian you are getting a whole different level of expertise. With TXG you also have ongoing support if you buy something through them. Ping will adjust lie angle free of charge, but I don't think they provide support if you purchase clubs based on their fitting and they don't work out - for that you need to deal with the retailer who filled your order. As @WristySwing mentioned, Ian's rate is twice that of the other TXG fitters, but you're not downgrading by going with one of their other fitters. The Ping fitting is a great deal and they now have a much broader range of irons than when I went there. I would assume they have most popular steel iron shafts for fitting, I just wouldn't necessarily expect them to have Steelfibers or other more esoteric graphite iron shafts - probably most of what they offer in their custom catalog.

If you have questions you can speak to someone directly at Ping in Oakville. Their CS people are helpful and knowledgable.

Posted:
  • jmccaffjmccaff  396Members Posts: 396

I just finished a Iron and wedge fitting at PING and was completely happy. I was thinking of going the TXG/Modern route but I have been playing the ie1's and was happy with them but they were never fitted for me. I thought I would like to go back with PING and wanted the i500's but was fitted for the i210's and Glide 3.0. I will definitely go to TXG for a driver fitting though as there are so many great drivers out now and I think its time to finally put my Titleist 910 D2 into the driver hall of Fame and move on. We had some time left over so the PING fitter also fitted me into some woods/hybrids and if we had a little more time would have let me do a driver fitting as well. Pretty much a full bag fitting for $50.

Posted:
    TITLEIST TS3 ACCRA TZ5
    TAYLOR MADE RBZ 19* 21*
    PING i210 
    PING Glide 3.0 54* 58*
    PING SCOTTSDALE TR
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to Canada 12905Members Posts: 12,905

4 times going back to a driver fitting in 2007

Top notch all around

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65 06
    Callaway Xhot 3 Deep 14.5* Fubuki 73x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17* Aldila NVS 85x 
    Callaway Apex v1 3h 20* AD DI 95x
    Cally Apex v1 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Mizuno 919T 6-G UST Recoil 95 f4 
    Vokey sm2 54*m & 59*m TVD 
    Callaway PM 64* UST 110 f4
    Yes Donna

'19 Index 0.9 ~ 3.7
  • zzyzzy  519Members Posts: 519

Did an iron fitting and driver fitting at Oakville ages ago - recommended. No pressure to buy, and it conformed my iron setup and gave me some good options for driver shafts.

Posted:
  • SylvesterLundgrenSylvesterLundgren Michigan 87Members Posts: 87

@balls_deep said:

@Tommyj said:

>

What’s so special about Ian, his accent? Lol I’ve watched the YT channel here and there and can’t stand their approach to discussing topics, and the fact he wears a tight *** polo, him and that matt guy. Although I’m sure they are quality peeps with their information and person wise, but I just don’t know what it is, I just don’t get what’s his appeal even in the comment section on YT🕵🏻‍♂️. But I’m open to see what I’m missing.

Posted:
    Ping G400/ fujikura pro 63s 
    Cleveland DST launcher 3w stiff
    Nike VR Covert 5w stiff
    Nike VR Pro combo irons (2014) 3-Pw stiff
    Nike VR forged 52-56
    Spaulding pro series 60 
    Nike 006 w Pure grip

Advertisement
  • kgeorge78kgeorge78  7890Members Posts: 7,890

anyone else? supposed to be recently upgraded

Posted:

Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    Vokey SM2 52 56 60
    Black EvnRoll ER2

@kgeorge78 said:

I'd be interested in having a go. I would guess that the Blueprints might work well for me with the right shaft. I noticed you're moving the T100 and MMC - what are you keeping?

Posted:
    Pro V1x
    Currently - 5.6

@balls_deep said:

@kgeorge78 said:

I'd be interested in having a go. I would guess that the Blueprints might work well for me with the right shaft. I noticed you're moving the T100 and MMC - what are you keeping?

going to start all over and start with this fitting.

I have a feeling Im going to end up with i210. Played my best golf ever with I20s.

I Never practice any more. I never go to range. I just wanna play. A little help in the irons won't hurt.

Posted:

Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    Vokey SM2 52 56 60
    Black EvnRoll ER2

@kgeorge78 said:

@balls_deep said:

@kgeorge78 said:

I have a feeling Im going to end up with i210. Played my best golf ever with I20s.

I Never practice any more. I never go to range. I just wanna play. A little help in the irons won't hurt.

Ping is no joke. I’ve never hit an iron from them that didn’t perform to be honest. My only qualm is that although soft, the feedback with the elastomer is somewhat indiscript at times. Did you ever get around to trying the 785? If not you’re welcome to hit mine if you’re ever up London way

Posted:
    Pro V1x
    Currently - 5.6

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB)  3692Members Posts: 3,692

@SylvesterLundgren said:

@balls_deep said:

@Tommyj said:

>

What’s so special about Ian, his accent? Lol I’ve watched the YT channel here and there and can’t stand their approach to discussing topics, and the fact he wears a tight *** polo, him and that matt guy. Although I’m sure they are quality peeps with their information and person wise, but I just don’t know what it is, I just don’t get what’s his appeal even in the comment section on YT🕵🏻‍♂️. But I’m open to see what I’m missing.

What's special? He knows what he is talking about as does Matt. I've talked to Ian and he is first class, both in knowledge and persona. As a pretty good fitter myself, he earned my immediate respect.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5, Tensei Blue R
    Ping i25 5-PW, TFC R, 1.5* Up
    Ping Glide 1.0 54.5*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Eye2+ SW, 57.5*, KTM S
    Taylor Made TP Mullen 2, 35", LH (I'm right handed :p )

Advertisement

@balls_deep said:

@kgeorge78 said:

@balls_deep said:

@kgeorge78 said:

Ping is no joke. I’ve never hit an iron from them that didn’t perform to be honest. My only qualm is that although soft, the feedback with the elastomer is somewhat indiscript at times. Did you ever get around to trying the 785? If not you’re welcome to hit mine if you’re ever up London way

Yes sir. last weekend. I though for sure I would love them. I liked them but didn't love them. I loved the look at address but the t100 and mmc both felt a tad better. The 785s didn't spin enough but honestly I don't care about the numbers - the MP53s didn't "fit" me 100% but I played them for years and played great. The AP2 "fit" perfect and I didn't like them that much over the years.

Posted:

Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    Vokey SM2 52 56 60
    Black EvnRoll ER2

• SylvesterLundgrenSylvesterLundgren Michigan 87Members Posts: 87

What's special? He knows what he is talking about as does Matt. I've talked to Ian and he is first class, both in knowledge and persona. As a pretty good fitter myself, he earned my immediate respect.

Yeah I’ve been watching and have changed my mindset, I was watching the “fitting an 8 handicap” video and they are some cool guys I was just talking ish.
    But what I also meant was that since they’re having a discussion they should talk towards the camera not towards each other a lot, but maybe they do it so their format is different than other golf youtubers

Posted:
    Ping G400/ fujikura pro 63s 
    Cleveland DST launcher 3w stiff
    Nike VR Covert 5w stiff
    Nike VR Pro combo irons (2014) 3-Pw stiff
    Nike VR forged 52-56
    Spaulding pro series 60 
    Nike 006 w Pure grip

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.