2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What club(s) did you hit and were completely blown away by, good or bad?

TXTrapLord

TS2 woods for sure. Never played any Titleist woods prior to the TS line and honestly wasnt even considering them. Went into a PGA SS locally in December of last year and loved the sound, feel and ball flight I was getting from them. Testing the TS woods vs the new offerings this year and nothing beat them for me.

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @AG12 said:

> TS2 woods for sure. Never played any Titleist woods prior to the TS line and honestly wasnt even considering them. Went into a PGA SS locally in December of last year and loved the sound, feel and ball flight I was getting from them. Testing the TS woods vs the new offerings this year and nothing beat them for me.

I hit the 913D up until this last season. I really appreciate what the TS series has brought to the table as of late.

> @wdaig1 said:

> I picked up 15 yards with the Callaway Epic Flash. That is not easy to do. Definitely blown away. Can shape it left to right and right to left as needed too. Best driver I have ever hit.

I have always wanted to give one a run. I received an M5 as a gift and have used that for this season and am too sheepish to trade around.

> @TXTrapLord said:

> > @wdaig1 said:

> > I picked up 15 yards with the Callaway Epic Flash. That is not easy to do. Definitely blown away. Can shape it left to right and right to left as needed too. Best driver I have ever hit.

>

> I have always wanted to give one a run. I received an M5 as a gift and have used that for this season and am too sheepish to trade around.

> @TXTrapLord said:

> > @wdaig1 said:

> > I picked up 15 yards with the Callaway Epic Flash. That is not easy to do. Definitely blown away. Can shape it left to right and right to left as needed too. Best driver I have ever hit.

>

> I have always wanted to give one a run. I received an M5 as a gift and have used that for this season and am too sheepish to trade around.

I hit several drivers including the M5. I still even hit an M2 Tour 3 wood because it is so good and long. But this Epic Flash blew them away. Do some testing and get fit for it. It’s a game changer.

> @wdaig1 said:

> > @TXTrapLord said:

> > > @wdaig1 said:

> > > I picked up 15 yards with the Callaway Epic Flash. That is not easy to do. Definitely blown away. Can shape it left to right and right to left as needed too. Best driver I have ever hit.

> >

> > I have always wanted to give one a run. I received an M5 as a gift and have used that for this season and am too sheepish to trade around.

>

> > @TXTrapLord said:

> > > @wdaig1 said:

> > > I picked up 15 yards with the Callaway Epic Flash. That is not easy to do. Definitely blown away. Can shape it left to right and right to left as needed too. Best driver I have ever hit.

> >

> > I have always wanted to give one a run. I received an M5 as a gift and have used that for this season and am too sheepish to trade around.

>

> I hit several drivers including the M5. I still even hit an M2 Tour 3 wood because it is so good and long. But this Epic Flash blew them away. Do some testing and get fit for it. It’s a game changer.

>

well shit...time to anger the wife.

> @cflo2382 said:

> I've been testing out the PING Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges the last couple of weeks and have been completely blown away. I am a long time Vokey guy and played some Miura wedges this year, too. These wedges are fantastic!

>

>

While I was murdering the Blue Print's my guy at the PGA SS said I should look into the Glides. I am cleared hot by the Mrs to spend at least 2k for a new set of irons (she said I was good to go with PXGs). I hit Vokey now, what is different? I'm completely a feel guy.

> @TXTrapLord said:

> > @cflo2382 said:

> > I've been testing out the PING Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges the last couple of weeks and have been completely blown away. I am a long time Vokey guy and played some Miura wedges this year, too. These wedges are fantastic!

> >

> >

>

> While I was murdering the Blue Print's my guy at the PGA SS said I should look into the Glides. I am cleared hot by the Mrs to spend at least 2k for a new set of irons (she said I was good to go with PXGs). I hit Vokey now, what is different? I'm completely a feel guy.

For me, I just always looked past PING when it came to wedges and that's mostly because of looks, honestly. I wasn't into the cavity back and thought they looked a bit chunky. But, I finally saw the stealth ones in person and I think the stealth finish looks great. They aren't nearly as chunky as I thought and they line up very well. I pieced together a 50SS, 54SS, and 58TS set with some TI S400s and put them straight into play. I've had some of the best wedge play rounds of the year since then. Just throwing darts with the 50 and 54 from 100+ out. The 58 with the TS sole is excellent around the greens. I like to manipulate my lob wedge for various shots and found it to be a lot more versatile than I expected. I think they feel great and are a bit more forgiving than Vokey's, but that's just me. The Glide forged look really nice too and would probably blend great with the Blueprints.. BTW.. I want those Blueprints BAD. Slowly turning into a PING guy over here.

> @cflo2382 said:

> > @TXTrapLord said:

> > > @cflo2382 said:

> > > I've been testing out the PING Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges the last couple of weeks and have been completely blown away. I am a long time Vokey guy and played some Miura wedges this year, too. These wedges are fantastic!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > While I was murdering the Blue Print's my guy at the PGA SS said I should look into the Glides. I am cleared hot by the Mrs to spend at least 2k for a new set of irons (she said I was good to go with PXGs). I hit Vokey now, what is different? I'm completely a feel guy.

>

> For me, I just always looked past PING when it came to wedges and that's mostly because of looks, honestly. I wasn't into the cavity back and thought they looked a bit chunky. But, I finally saw the stealth ones in person and I think the stealth finish looks great. They aren't nearly as chunky as I thought and they line up very well. I pieced together a 50SS, 54SS, and 58TS set with some TI S400s and put them straight into play. I've had some of the best wedge play rounds of the year since then. Just throwing darts with the 50 and 54 from 100+ out. The 58 with the TS sole is excellent around the greens. I like to manipulate my lob wedge for various shots and found it to be a lot more versatile than I expected. I think they feel great and are a bit more forgiving than Vokey's, but that's just me. The Glide forged look really nice too and would probably blend great with the Blueprints.. BTW.. I want those Blueprints BAD. Slowly turning into a PING guy over here.

Thanks for the detailed response! The Blueprint is the best blade I have EVER hit. I have played the MP69's for 7 years now, not because I couldn't upgrade, but because I couldn't find another club that was an actual upgrade. The Blueprint is absolutely amazing. I was handling the T100 and MB when the guy from PGA SS rolls over and we start talking clubs. Long story short he says to follow him over to a bay. He tells me to not look at the club, just hit it. I hit three balls, and I honestly figured I was hitting the MP20's. I look at the club, its the Blueprint. I muttered a four letter expletive and hit the set. I couldn't get over it. My wife was standing there and could tell I was in absolute shock. Not only did the club perform miles above my MP69's in terms of distance, feel and work, but it just *felt* better. The weight is darn near perfect. I couldn't care less about the screw people hate on, because I'm not going to brag about how bad I play only to talk about my beautiful clubs. Even at a 90% swing, I felt confident. There wasn't one swing I took I didn't feel like I could post scratch. I don't know how much Peyote the boys and girls over at Ping are doing, but they need to keep it up.

I was surprised how much I liked the TM M6 fairways despite not really caring for the driver.

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

I will post one to the bad side. After playing Ping G700's I could not believe how bad the i500's were. The G700's flat out perform and achieve everything a "hollow cavity" iron should. Unfortunately for some, the blade length is just too long, and the sound and feel are not for everyone. The i500 sound was a little better, the feel was better, but the design just makes no sense. A hollow body iron with a higher CG is negating the whole purpose of a hollow cavity design.

• Like 1

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> I will post one to the bad side. After playing Ping G700's I could not believe how bad the i500's were. The G700's flat out perform and achieve everything a "hollow cavity" iron should. Unfortunately for some, the blade length is just too long, and the sound and feel are not for everyone. The i500 sound was a little better, the feel was better, but the design just makes no sense. A hollow body iron with a higher CG is negating the whole purpose of a hollow cavity design.

I felt this same way with the i200. I hit them months ago and just couldn't understand what the appeal was. I felt zero response from the hollow body design.

I continue to be completely blown away by all the M-Series drivers, in that I am totally unable to understand their popularity despite being the worst feeling pieces of garbage I've ever swung. Feels like when you would hit rocks with an aluminum baseball bat as a kid.

I'd rather be hit BY an M5 than have to hit one 10-14 times a round.

• Like 1

> @TXTrapLord said:

> > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > I will post one to the bad side. After playing Ping G700's I could not believe how bad the i500's were. The G700's flat out perform and achieve everything a "hollow cavity" iron should. Unfortunately for some, the blade length is just too long, and the sound and feel are not for everyone. The i500 sound was a little better, the feel was better, but the design just makes no sense. A hollow body iron with a higher CG is negating the whole purpose of a hollow cavity design.

>

> I felt this same way with the i200. I hit them months ago and just couldn't understand what the appeal was. I felt zero response from the hollow body design.

I200 hollow body design? That's a new one.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> I will post one to the bad side. After playing Ping G700's I could not believe how bad the i500's were. The G700's flat out perform and achieve everything a "hollow cavity" iron should. Unfortunately for some, the blade length is just too long, and the sound and feel are not for everyone. The i500 sound was a little better, the feel was better, but the design just makes no sense. A hollow body iron with a higher CG is negating the whole purpose of a hollow cavity design.

I feel like people get a little hung up on the Maltby numbers for that club. I bought a 7 iron for my dad to try out and hit it a couple of times. Felt pretty good out the middle and had insanely high ball flight. The high CG is likely to keep that under control. It’s a decent iron but you’ve got to put a decent move on the ball. He’s a higher handicap and didn’t love it. Likely best for the guy who used to play blades but has given up some distance or for the better playing to use in the 3-5 iron slots.

> @cmagnusson said:

> I continue to be completely blown away by all the M-Series drivers, in that I am totally unable to understand their popularity despite being the worst feeling pieces of garbage I've ever swung. Feels like when you would hit rocks with an aluminum baseball bat as a kid.

>

> I'd rather be hit BY an M5 than have to hit one 10-14 times a round.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH! you win.

> @gvogel said:

> > @TXTrapLord said:

> > > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > I will post one to the bad side. After playing Ping G700's I could not believe how bad the i500's were. The G700's flat out perform and achieve everything a "hollow cavity" iron should. Unfortunately for some, the blade length is just too long, and the sound and feel are not for everyone. The i500 sound was a little better, the feel was better, but the design just makes no sense. A hollow body iron with a higher CG is negating the whole purpose of a hollow cavity design.

> >

> > I felt this same way with the i200. I hit them months ago and just couldn't understand what the appeal was. I felt zero response from the hollow body design.

>

> I200 hollow body design? That's a new one.

Which one am I thinking of? The 500?

> @TIM929 said:

> > @cmagnusson said:

> > I continue to be completely blown away by all the M-Series drivers, in that I am totally unable to understand their popularity despite being the worst feeling pieces of garbage I've ever swung. Feels like when you would hit rocks with an aluminum baseball bat as a kid.

> >

> > I'd rather be hit BY an M5 than have to hit one 10-14 times a round.

>

> HAHAHAAHAHAHAH! you win.

HAHAHAHA I would have to agree after having an M5 fairway for a short period of time and demo'ing the new M5/M6 drivers

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND