***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Titleist U500 shaft options

jaffabell ·  
jaffabelljaffabell Members  81WRX Points: 38Posts: 81 Fairways

Hi all, looking at the U500 3 iron but there are so many shaft options on custom fit, hoping some guys on here have tried a few. Have only tried the standard smoke. I'm 112ss with driver, good long iron player.

Looking to see if anyone has tried the tensei white, EF white 100 or even tensei blue in this club. X-stiff preferable but will take all opinions to consider. Cheers lads. Details down to how they effect weight of the club etc would be awesome.

Posted:

Comments

• tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers  623WRX Points: 129Posts: 623 Golden Tee

I have the 3 and 4 with the Tensei White 100hy XS. They perform great and feel better than the smoke. plus being around 100 grams on the shaft the total club weight feels more balanced. ball flight is a mid trajectory with mid to low spin. the ball stops on the green pretty quick for long irons.

Posted:
    TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 8.0 / VENTUS BLACK 7X
    MIZUNO ST200 3T / EVENFLOW WHITE 75 6.5
    CALLAWAY X-FORGED '18 3-PW / MODUS 130X
    CALLAWAY MD5 JAWS 48/52/58 KBS TOUR V 125
    SIK DW AND JO

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jaffabelljaffabell Members  81WRX Points: 38Posts: 81 Fairways

On -, @tbone18 said:

I have the 3 and 4 with the Tensei White 100hy XS. They perform great and feel better than the smoke. plus being around 100 grams on the shaft the total club weight feels more balanced. ball flight is a mid trajectory with mid to low spin. the ball stops on the green pretty quick for long irons.

Do you have any pics of the 3 iron mate? From eye view down? Curious also to see how the white shaft looks with the head. Great info too!

Posted:

I'll also add in the atmos HB tour spec black if anyone has any experience of that? I have the 7x in my 3 wood and love it, if the 9x HB performs similar it's a winner

Posted:
  • jkim723jkim723 Members  11WRX Points: 45Posts: 11 Bunkers

How did you get the hybrid shaft installed? I tried installing the tensei white hybrid shaft and realized the hosel fits .355” tips and hybrid shaft tips are .370”?

Posted:

On -, @jaffabell said:

On -, @tbone18 said:

Do you have any pics of the 3 iron mate? From eye view down? Curious also to see how the white shaft looks with the head. Great info too!

the shaft is not white. The Tensei shaft is all black with a white ring around the shaft up by the grip. Evenflow white is all white.

Posted:
    SIK DW AND JO

On -, @jkim723 said:

How did you get the hybrid shaft installed? I tried installing the tensei white hybrid shaft and realized the hosel fits .355” tips and hybrid shaft tips are .370”?

Titleist has a special prepping machine, like a pencil sharpener, that will sand down the shaft to .355.

Posted:
    SIK DW AND JO

Advertisement

On -, @jkim723 said:

These are the custom fit shaft options through Titleist, I assume they sand the tips to fit them at the factory. Loads of shaft options when buying new for the U500. I just pulled the trigger on the U500 #3, Atmos tour spec black HB 9x, 1/4 inch shorter so will play 39inch. Have the same shaft in my 3 wood at 7x which I love so couldn't wait. Hopefully won't take them long to build! Will keep you posted.

Posted:

The last time I checked with Titlesit, about a week and a half ago, the 3 and 4 were backordered until late November.

Posted:
    SIK DW AND JO

On -, @tbone18 said:

On -, @jkim723 said:

Titleist has a special prepping machine, like a pencil sharpener, that will sand down the shaft to .355.

I guess I was informed incorrectly because I was under the impression that you shouldn’t sand a .370” down to .355”.

On -, @jaffabell said:

On -, @jkim723 said:

These are the custom fit shaft options through Titleist, I assume they sand the tips to fit them at the factory. Loads of shaft options when buying new for the U500. I just pulled the trigger on the U500 #3, Atmos tour spec black HB 9x, 1/4 inch shorter so will play 39inch. Have the same shaft in my 3 wood at 7x which I love so couldn't wait. Hopefully won't take them long to build! Will keep you posted.

Nice hope that combo works out well. I ended up just selling my tensei white hybrid shaft and just bought a GD tour ad 95x to fit into my u500 #4. Love this club even more now.

Posted:

It really depends on how thick the tip section is, most hybrid shafts like the tensei or the AD shafts are pretty beefy.

Posted:
    SIK DW AND JO

On -, @tbone18 said:

On -, @jaffabell said:

On -, @tbone18 said:

the shaft is not white. The Tensei shaft is all black with a white ring around the shaft up by the grip. Evenflow white is all white.

My bad I read it as the EF white, not the tensei.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MikepaulMikepaul Members  558WRX Points: 75Posts: 558 Golden Tee

AMT White Tour X100 is amazing, I am able to hit the ball to and high on Demand (SS 99.9mph with 2i)

Posted:
  • ThertyTherty SDMembers  119WRX Points: 57Handicap: 12Posts: 119 Fairways

Whats the head weight of the u500??

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Rogue Max 75X
    Ping G 3 wood 14.5* / Ping Tour 80 Stiff
    Maltby TS-2 4i-6i / Modus 120S
    Maltby TS-1 7i-gw / Modus 120S
    53* and 58* Mizuno S5 Blue Ion / DG S200
    Nike Origin B1-01 34"

On -, @Breaking_Baddeley said:

My votes going towards the fujikura atmos tour spec 95 HB black or blue depending on the profile you desire. I love this shaft for hybrids and driving irons! Also a custom option through Titleist I believe.

Great shafts for sure I almost went with the atmos tour blue when I was switching out shafts for my u500.

Posted:

On -, @Breaking_Baddeley said:

My votes going towards the fujikura atmos tour spec 95 HB black or blue depending on the profile you desire. I love this shaft for hybrids and driving irons! Also a custom option through Titleist I believe.

Yep I went with the black, have the 7x in my 3 wood and love it so hoping this performs similar

Posted:

Tell me you have seen a better looking driving iron? Anyways this this is awesome, shaft feels nicely balanced and feels the same as the 7x, stable tip and low launch for sure. This head is so much better than the TMB, doesn't have that hard crack sound that the TMB had. For no up charge this is awesome. 1/4 inch shorter (39.25), 1 degree flat.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly Circle T Members  1214WRX Points: 211Posts: 1,214 Platinum Tees

On -, @Therty said:

Whats the head weight of the u500??

Head weights are a bit heavier to accommodate the graphite shafts being stock. Also graphite is 1/4” longer than normal iron. If you order with steel they will be normal std iron length.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 TX
    Titleist TS3 15° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX
    Titleist U·500 3i w/ Mitsubishi MMT Utility Iron 105 TX
    Titleist CNCPT-02 4i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Vokey BV HandGround SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M
    Scotty Cameron Roundback Select Tour 1.5 Weld Neck
    WITB Link
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers  327WRX Points: 105Handicap: 4.8Posts: 327 Greens

What length are you playing your 2i with AMT White x100? Do you know the swing weight?

The reason for asking is that I’m hoping to be able to play a 38.5” 3i with this shaft (soft step x1) and still make D2.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist U500 2-iron Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0
    Titleist U500 3-4 Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s300
    Titleist T100 5-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s300
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 2019
  • MikepaulMikepaul Members  558WRX Points: 75Posts: 558 Golden Tee

I’m using the amt x100 which was the stock shaft in the Titleist 716-TMB

Posted:
  • arodseven7ironarodseven7iron Members  2WRX Points: 5Posts: 2 Starters

Hey there guys, just got a U500 3i with stock HZRDUS Smoke Black. Picked up, but i need to switch the shaft to a mid-high launch.

What do you guys recommend with no up charge? Thanks in advance

Posted:
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX  8453WRX Points: 352Handicap: WIPPosts: 8,453 ClubWRX

have you tried other shafts like the pxi ? Or just the AMT ?

Posted:
    SIM 8* AD TP 7tx 1.25" 
    SIM 15* ADDI 90x tipped 2"
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 620 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) -1* Weak loft -2* flat 620mb specs 
    TMAG MG2 52(
    On -, @53*) SB 10* , 58(
    On -, @59*) LB 9* bounce  - Tour Issue S400 (62* Lie angle) 

Piretti Potenza Sight Dot 365g |Bettinardi BB8 Trisole bare 348g | or Toulon San Diego Sight Line  - 68* Lie angle 2* of loft 
    All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.