Best waterproof trolley/cart bag

Joelsim

I appreciate that almost none of you walk with a push trolley, but anyone that does, can you recommend me a waterproof bag please?

I’m getting tired of emptying my Ping Traverse after wet rounds, when I get home absolutely everything in every pocket is drenched.

Thinking Titleist StaDry at the moment.

o9kfy8k9gv7z.jpeg

Sun Mountain H2NO ...

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

You can always consider the Ping Pioneer Monsoon golf bag, since you've been using a Ping Traverse golf bag recently ...

FYI, I've been searching for a waterproof golf bag recently for my upcoming trip to SW Ireland next April ... I didn't pull the trigger on a golf bag purchase, and then traveled to Mobile, Alabama this past weekend for some RTJ golf action (Magnolia Grove Golf Course and Lakewood Golf Club). Unfortunately, we had a lot of rain on Friday and Saturday and I REALLY regretted not purchasing a waterproof golf bag in advance of that trip. So, as you can imagine, I'm back to shopping for a waterproof golf bag again. Some of the golf bags I'm considering are the Ping Monsoon, Sun Mountain H2NO and the Titleist StaDry. But, if you're ready to expand your shopping sphere and want to get a 100% waterproof bag, go to a Great Britain golf website and check out the Sun Mountain H2NO Elite golf bag, but be prepared to pay big-time for the bag.

Mike

MPM1960

Callaway Paradym X Driver, 10.5 Degrees (one inch shorter than standard)
Callaway Paradym X 3 Wood (+2 degrees)

Callaway Paradym 7 Wood

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha Hybrids, 5H, 6H and 7H

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha Irons, 8-PW, AW, GW and SW

Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face LW
Odyssey Eleven Putter, 34 inches length

Big Max Aqua Sport seems like a pretty good option and is sub $200 after the exchange rate conversion

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

> @mpm1960 said:

> You can always consider the Ping Pioneer Monsoon golf bag, since you've been using a Ping Traverse golf bag recently ...

>

> FYI, I've been searching for a waterproof golf bag recently for my upcoming trip to SW Ireland next April ... I didn't pull the trigger on a golf bag purchase, and then traveled to Mobile, Alabama this past weekend for some RTJ golf action (Magnolia Grove Golf Course and Lakewood Golf Club). Unfortunately, we had a lot of rain on Friday and Saturday and I REALLY regretted not purchasing a waterproof golf bag in advance of that trip. So, as you can imagine, I'm back to shopping for a waterproof golf bag again. Some of the golf bags I'm considering are the Ping Monsoon, Sun Mountain H2NO and the Titleist StaDry. But, if you're ready to expand your shopping sphere and want to get a 100% waterproof bag, go to a Great Britain golf website and check out the Sun Mountain H2NO Elite golf bag, but be prepared to pay big-time for the bag.

>

> Mike

> MPM1960

I’m in GB, hence why I need the bag!

• 2 weeks later...

Understand ... while searching for my waterproof bag, I've noticed that people in GB/Europe have many more choices for waterproof golf bags than we do here in the States. So I've been checking out EU golf websites more than the US websites for my search in recent weeks ... would love to find a used SM Elite bag, but then with the extra shipping costs it becomes more costly ... so I search on. :-)

Mike

MPM1960

Callaway Paradym 7 Wood

I have a titalist stay dry carry bag that I use on my push cart. The waterproof part is fine however the water bottle compartment is too small for the water bottle. It doesn’t work well in my battery push cart because the legs make the bag shift around. I’m thinking of getting a ping traverse because it will fit on my cart perfectly and I like the pocket arrangement. I don’t play much in the rain anyway but have a big golf umbrella that stays up on my cart If I do, but I have to duck under it. I wish they made a little bit taller golf umbrellas for push carts.

> @Augustok said:

> I have a titalist stay dry carry bag that I use on my push cart. The waterproof part is fine however the water bottle compartment is too small for the water bottle. It doesn’t work well in my battery push cart because the legs make the bag shift around. I’m thinking of getting a ping traverse because it will fit on my cart perfectly and I like the pocket arrangement. I don’t play much in the rain anyway but have a big golf umbrella that stays up on my cart If I do, but I have to duck under it. I wish they made a little bit taller golf umbrellas for push carts.

I have the Ping Traverse, it’s a great bag unless it’s raining hard, in which case all the pockets fill up with water as it seeps through the material. Other than that it’s great, loads of pockets, welll-made, durable and sturdy.

> @Joelsim said:

> > @Augustok said:

> > I have a titalist stay dry carry bag that I use on my push cart. The waterproof part is fine however the water bottle compartment is too small for the water bottle. It doesn’t work well in my battery push cart because the legs make the bag shift around. I’m thinking of getting a ping traverse because it will fit on my cart perfectly and I like the pocket arrangement. I don’t play much in the rain anyway but have a big golf umbrella that stays up on my cart If I do, but I have to duck under it. I wish they made a little bit taller golf umbrellas for push carts.

>

> I have the Ping Traverse, it’s a great bag unless it’s raining hard, in which case all the pockets fill up with water as it seeps through the material. Other than that it’s great, loads of pockets, welll-made, durable and sturdy.

>

>

I have a Ping Pioneer. I played a couple of weeks ago in extremely heavy rain (Caddyshack priest rain). There were also very high winds. So an umbrella attached to my push cart was out of the question. I realized this while I was on the first tee and wind caught my umbrella, knocked the push cart over and dislodged the umbrella from the holder. Before I had even hit my first shot, I was chasing my umbrella across an adjacent fairway.

I only played 9 holes because they ended up shutting the course down because the greens were pretty much under water. I was pleasantly surprised to see that everything that was stored in the pockets of my bag were bone dry. While I was playing, I thought to myself that if I had any intention on playing in this type of weather again, I should probably get a Pioneer Monsoon. But, it ended up not being necessary.

I played caddy shack rain three times. All state tournaments. The first one a club absolutely flew out of my hands on a tee. The tournament was finally called. The second started nice weather but ended up horrible. I was in second to last group and they are waiting for our cards which were disintegrating in our hands. No idea what bag I had but did remember I had a change of clothes and vowed to some day to go back to that course. The third our group just walked off the course drenched to the skin with thunder rumbling. That one was about 20 years ago I think they are more aware of calling in tournaments with thunderstorms now I hope.

Ping DLX bag...........Just got one and its amazing

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

> @Augustok said:

> I played caddy shack rain three times. All state tournaments. The first one a club absolutely flew out of my hands on a tee. The tournament was finally called. The second started nice weather but ended up horrible. I was in second to last group and they are waiting for our cards which were disintegrating in our hands. No idea what bag I had but did remember I had a change of clothes and vowed to some day to go back to that course. The third our group just walked off the course drenched to the skin with thunder rumbling. That one was about 20 years ago I think they are more aware of calling in tournaments with thunderstorms now I hope.

I had just purchased new rain gear (Proquip) and figured "what the hell". I actually stayed very dry, I wore a pair of Footjoy RainGrip gloves and was pleasantly surprised at how well they worked. I didn't have a club slip in my hand at all and, other than wearing the gloves, I didn't do anything to compensate for the rain. Overall, I was incredibly impressed at how well all of my rain gear performed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of Proquip rain gear and Footjoy RainGrip gloves ... have done two golf trips to Ireland, and the Proquip gear and Footjoy RainGrip gloves helped me through several wet rounds of Irish links play.

That said, I'm still searching for a waterproof golf bag for my next trip to the Emerald Isle. Am anxious to see if Ping is going to offer a 2020 Hoofer Monsoon or Pioneer Monsoon in their line-up. If anyone has any information on Ping's 2020 line of golf bags, I'd appreciate any/all information.

Mike

MPM1960

Callaway Paradym 7 Wood

I have had a Titleist waterproof Stand bag now for 5 seasons.. Five seasons is completely unheard of for me. I'm tough on my bag and walk almost always. This bag has been indestructible. The only fault was to reglue the stand legs after 3 years and one zipper tag, not the actual zipper.

I may retire the bag this year and mount it in the wall. Longest any other bag lasted was 2 full seasons.

Looks like my waterproof golf bag search has come to an end ... was surfing the web for Black Friday deals earlier today, and found an online retailer offering 20 percent off golf equipment along with an offer of free shipping. I then saw that they had the Ping Pioneer Monsoon golf bag at $269, and after taking advantage of the the Black Friday sale I ordered the bag. So now I've got my waterproof golf bag purchased for my April 2020 golf trip to Southwest Ireland! Now that I've purchased my waterproof golf bag, I bet we won't see a drop of rain while we're on the links of Southwest Ireland next April ... :-)

Mike

MPM1960

Callaway Paradym 7 Wood

The bag arrived yesterday. First impressions: appears to be high quality; fairly flat top presents clubs well when on my push cart; zippers are “stiff” compared to non-waterproof bags. My goal is to never use it in the rain, but on the Texas Gulf Coast, getting caught in a shower every now and then is unavoidable, so it’s nice to have. For 173 bucks, this is a nice bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm just picky--this would not shock my wife--but after playing a few rounds with this bag, I only have one complaint: the zippers. They're too hard to pull. I know that's part of the "waterproofness" function, but it's surprising how annoying this becomes. It's a good bag in general, but I'm relegating it to special-situation use: only when the forecast for rain is 30% or higher.

clicgear makes a rain cover that can be used on any bag mounted to a pushcart. Cost is about $30 and is made of fairly light weight nylon.

It comes in a nylon bag about 5" diameter and 10" long, that clips onto your bag.

I sprayed it with scotchguard a couple times, which along with an umbrella mounted to the cart keeps everything dry.

The cover has zippers to access the bag's pockets.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

I used one of those for several years. In my opinion it pales in comparison to an actual rain bag. If it starts raining, I just put the hood on and that's all I do. The rain covers never lined up with the bag zips inside, and you need to dry it out.

For those who play all year or somewhere wet, a rain bag is brilliant. My only complaint is why it has taken so long for them to be made!!