Nike Golf Schools

Superman ·  
SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
I just got back from a Nike Golf School and did not have the experience that I would hope I would have. How have everybody's experiences been at these camps?
Posted:

Comments

• JBinAZJBinAZ Members  32WRX Points: 0Posts: 32
    My son completed one a couple of weeks ago at the TPC in Scottsdale. We were VERY disappointed. Instead of multiple classes (as advertised) there was one. Literally, 5-8 year olds who had never played paired with scratch high school players.

Full day was from 9-3 with a 1 hour lunch. And they never played on the Tournament TPC, but the other course. A nice course, but not what was promised.

Morning was a talk, some instruction and then bang lunch. 1 hour lunch, then nine holes with all but one-day scrambles with all the skill levels mixed together.

All in all, a lot of money for what was offered. We will not go back to their school again.

Trust that helps,

John
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Mongo26 Mongo26 Bay AreaJr. Boomers  581WRX Points: 68Posts: 581 Golden Tee
    i was set up to go to one until i found out that i could probably beat most of the teachers at the camp
    Posted:
    [font=times new roman,times,serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]2019 WITB [/background][/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping G400 Max w/[/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)][font=times new roman,times,serif]HZRDUS[/font][/background][/font][font=times new roman,times,serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] T1100 75x[/background][/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway Rogue 15* w/Axivcore Green 95x[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway X Forged 13' 4i-6i RAW w/KBS C-Taper 125[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway X Prototypes 7i-PW RAW w/KBS C-Taper 125[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway Mac Daddy Forged Wedges 50*/57* w/KBS C-Taper 125[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Taylormade Hi-Toe 64* w/S400[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Kevin Burns Custom 9304[/background][/font]
  • epixepepixep If the wind will not serve, take to the oars Members  1425WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,425
    JB, I'm sorry to hear you went to the Nike program at the Stadium course (I guess it wasn't at the Stadium course, haha).... plenty players out here would have told you to stay away image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />.

If you're looking for another school to send your child (this is really for any golfer, of any age) check out the San Diego Golf Institute. It is a massive school with the best practice facilities I've ever seen (we're talking Isleworth CC) - and is also very focused on fitness. I wouldn't go with the set packages they have, but give them a call -- they are flexible in setting up programs for any golfers needs.
    Posted:
  • SupermanSuperman Members  205WRX Points: 0Posts: 205
    JBinAZ wrote on Jul 14 2008, 11:52 PM:
    My son completed one a couple of weeks ago at the TPC in Scottsdale. We were VERY disappointed. Instead of multiple classes (as advertised) there was one. Literally, 5-8 year olds who had never played paired with scratch high school players.

Full day was from 9-3 with a 1 hour lunch. And they never played on the Tournament TPC, but the other course. A nice course, but not what was promised.

Morning was a talk, some instruction and then bang lunch. 1 hour lunch, then nine holes with all but one-day scrambles with all the skill levels mixed together.

All in all, a lot of money for what was offered. We will not go back to their school again.

Trust that helps,

John

I had similar experiences, just range for 3+ hours in the morning with almost no instruction and then lunch and then walk 18 in the 101* Pinehurst heat. and no fluids or anything when we got back, and very little on the course.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.