Costco Putters are in... (MOD EDIT - NO CORONAVIRUS, POLITICS, BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS)

Hack Daddy ·  
Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1109WRX Points: 340Posts: 1,109 Platinum Tees

My son spotted these today...

Posted:
Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
TP5X
Post edited by GwrxMod on

Comments

• PhiresidePhireside Members  1333WRX Points: 170Posts: 1,333 Platinum Tees

Settle down Costco

Edit: Photo Credit - not sure i'm allowed to say on here. You'll figure it out.

Posted:
    Post edited by Gxgolfer on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • storm319storm319 USMembers  4327WRX Points: 503Posts: 4,327 Titanium Tees
  • freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers  82WRX Points: 19Handicap: 2.4Posts: 82 Fairways

I really hope this comes to retail

Posted:
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4860WRX Points: 504Posts: 4,860 Titanium Tees

Are there any pics of this putter anywhere?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MontanagolfMontanagolf Members  103WRX Points: 41Handicap: 11Posts: 103 Fairways

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @Llortamaisey said:

Can’t wait to pick up a fine milled Chinese Scotty Kirkland with my 10 lb bag of oranges and rotisserie chicken. It Costco really wanted to come up with a product that everyone would love, they come up with a gas station with no lines.

If that putter is priced right, and similar quality of other Kirkland products, I'll stand in line to get one! On second thought, I might wait for the circle K with the limited release head cover.

Circle K...lol

Posted:
  • storm319storm319 USMembers  4327WRX Points: 503Posts: 4,327 Titanium Tees

On -, @Montanagolf said:

On -, @caniac6 said:

Can’t wait to pick up a fine milled Chinese Scotty Kirkland with my 10 lb bag of oranges and rotisserie chicken. It Costco really wanted to come up with a product that everyone would love, they come up with a gas station with no lines.

If that putter is priced right, and similar quality of other Kirkland products, I'll stand in line to get one! On second thought, I might wait for the circle K with the limited release head cover.

Circle K...lol

Posted:
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees

We fill up the tank every time we stopped by the Costco, but we're told that the Costco Gasoline has one of the highest ethanol content there is, not very good for long term use and the high performance engine ( or the high mileage engines ).
    I wonder why Costco is fixated on getting into one of the toughest industry right now. Maybe they had some Corporate golfers or maybe they believe the best time to get into a brand new venture is when everyone is laying low . The Amazon "gorilla" battle tactic. The ability of able to take more beating than the competitors will eventually win the battle.

Posted:
  • padgetpadget Members  616WRX Points: 123Posts: 616 Golden Tee

On -, @wkuo3 said:

We fill up the tank every time we stopped by the Costco, but we're told that the Costco Gasoline has one of the highest ethanol content there is, not very good for long term use and the high performance engine ( or the high mileage engines ).
    I wonder why Costco is fixated on getting into one of the toughest industry right now. Maybe they had some Corporate golfers or maybe they believe the best time to get into a brand new venture is when everyone is laying low . The Amazon "gorilla" battle tactic. The ability of able to take more beating than the competitors will eventually win the battle.

I doubt there is a K-sig putter unless they release a box set of clubs from their own line. Probably just a small batch of putters produced for pics with the golf balls and will end up in some of the corporate bros offices.

Posted:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

I doubt there is a K-sig putter unless they release a box set of clubs from their own line. Probably just a small batch of putters produced for pics with the golf balls and will end up in some of the corporate bros offices.

As the forging and CNC milling process is quite advanced in China these days.
    The putter in the picture could be a singular one ( sample ) provided from the prospective supplier/manufacturer as a sample; or a minimum batch ( 10-30) ordered from test run. I doubt there is room in the high end putter market and you could be correct on the possibility of a set of KS branded golf clubs is being considered.
    My guess is, there might be talks but in reality, profitability is the key of whether the putter or the golf equipment will be in the K.S. line up. From what I had seen, this might have been someone's pet project, far away from being realized. So, the putter could have been the only one as a sample submitted to the Cop. buyer. You're right, might just ended up in someone's office.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3455WRX Points: 1,100Handicap: 4Posts: 3,455 Titanium Tees

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

The putter in the picture could be a singular one ( sample ) provided from the prospective supplier/manufacturer as a sample; or a minimum batch ( 10-30) ordered from test run. I doubt there is room in the high end putter market and you could be correct on the possibility of a set of KS branded golf clubs is being considered.
    My guess is, there might be talks but in reality, profitability is the key of whether the putter or the golf equipment will be in the K.S. line up. From what I had seen, this might have been someone's pet project, far away from being realized. So, the putter could have been the only one as a sample submitted to the Cop. buyer. You're right, might just ended up in someone's office.

Of course it could be, to steal from Ben Franklin, Proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy.

Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6399WRX Points: 1,680Handicap: 10Posts: 6,399 Titanium Tees

I'll bet Mrs. Pelz will be getting one of them for Mr. Pelz's birthday. 😁

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Of course it could be, to steal from Ben Franklin, Proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy.

Proof ?
    If that will answer the question, which I doubt it.
    Either from the source which showed off the putter or from the source that made it. Your guess is as good as mine, which no one knows how this will turn out to be a reality or not.
    Unless the retail price point could stay below triple digit for a quality putter rival all others 3 times the price tag, not worth going after. Which is by all means possible judging from the profit margin the store had in the past. The huge purchasing power will be the positive elements, but the demanded return policy on the supplier will be the blocking stone on this putter.
    CAD and manufacturing technology are not an issue, all matters is whether the price point could make sense. There might be the same road block from all other high end putter makers attempting to stop this. Same issue with the first batch of the KSig 4 piece golf ball.
    Imagine getting a high quality putter for $89 ?

Posted:
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3455WRX Points: 1,100Handicap: 4Posts: 3,455 Titanium Tees

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Proof ?
    Either from the source which showed off the putter or from the source that made it. Your guess is as good as mine, which no one knows how this will turn out to be a reality or not.
    Unless the retail price point could stay below triple digit for a quality putter rival all others 3 times the price tag, not worth going after. Which is by all means possible judging from the profit margin the store had in the past. The huge purchasing power will be the positive elements, but the demanded return policy on the supplier will be the blocking stone on this putter.
    CAD and manufacturing technology are not an issue, all matters is whether the price point could make sense. There might be the same road block from all other high end putter makers attempting to stop this. Same issue with the first batch of the KSig 4 piece golf ball.

I could handle $89 dollar putters. I think the Ping putters back in the late 70s-80s were about $49.

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  4932WRX Points: 784Posts: 4,932 Titanium Tees

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Proof ?

I could handle $89 dollar putters. I think the Ping putters back in the late 70s-80s were about $49.

I paid $24 for my demo shop worn Anser in 1981.

Cleveland sells high quality putters for $89 today.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2045WRX Points: 1,447Posts: 2,045 Platinum Tees

The Ping Karsten line was under $100. Excellent value for money. Martin Kaymer used one to win a couple of majors.

Posted:
    Post edited by GeorgeHWB on

On -, @LeoLeo99 said:

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @caniac6 said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

On -, @padget said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Proof ?

I paid $24 for my demo shop worn Anser in 1981.

Cleveland sells high quality putters for $89 today.

$50 in the 80's, It would be close to $150 in today's dollar purchasing power.
    I remembered I paid $70 for my Ping BeCu Zing putter.

Posted:
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6391WRX Points: 346Posts: 6,391 Titanium Tees

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Fake News.
    Which stations have the best quality gas?

Posted:

X________________________________
    Sign Here

On -, @Hateto3Putt said:

On -, @wkuo3 said:

Fake News.
    Which stations have the best quality gas?

Are you suggesting the reading from internet ( where the "fake news " is rampant), is more reliable than a master mechanics for 25+ year told me ? It's marked on the Costco gasoline pump the MINIMUM 10% ethanol content is in the product.
    We're not comparing the refining quality, the gasoline might have top refining quality but the additives, especially the ETHANOL is of concern here.

Posted:
  • jtj74jtj74 Members  888WRX Points: 176Posts: 888 Golden Tee

If you read the spy article about the new 4 piece ball it tells you that Kirkland putters AND WEDGES are coming to retail.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • zeoalexzeoalex Members  20WRX Points: 15Posts: 20 Bunkers

On -, @jtj74 said:

If you read the spy article about the new 4 piece ball it tells you that Kirkland putters AND WEDGES are coming to retail.

Unrelated to putters, that article is hilarious. Pure speculation on the makeup of the ball (specific to the cover thickness), immediately discounting it. Especially when there are already pictures of one cut up showing that's not true

Posted:
  • jtj74jtj74 Members  888WRX Points: 176Posts: 888 Golden Tee

On -, @zeoalex said:

On -, @jtj74 said:

Unrelated to putters, that article is hilarious. Pure speculation on the makeup of the ball (specific to the cover thickness), immediately discounting it. Especially when there are already pictures of one cut up showing that's not true

Yep. The article is straight trash.

Posted:
  • zeoalexzeoalex Members  20WRX Points: 15Posts: 20 Bunkers

On -, @jtj74 said:

Yep. The article is straight trash.

Which is odd, because it comes from such a well respected site
    /s
    jokes aside, I do wonder if the info they got is from an actual source, or if it's all just BS. at 149, as much as I love costco, I don't know that it's going to do much compared to some of the other big names out there right now. Especially considering the fact that you won't be able to roll it at all in the store

Posted:
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1431WRX Points: 414Handicap: 1Posts: 1,431 Platinum Tees

According to MGSpy a source inside costco says they plan to sell a KSig putter and wedge set (either 2 or 3) for $99. Holy smokes.

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3/TS2 15* w/ Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

• titleistforgedtitleistforged buying clubs brings joy SF Bay AreaMembers  249WRX Points: 103Handicap: 11Posts: 249 Fairways

Friend linked me an article to the Kirkland 4 piece balls, and the article discussed Kirkland coming out with a putter and wedges. Anyone got any info? Interested to hear how many WRXers would game "Kirkland Signature" gear. Price supposed to be 149, and wedges either 2 or 3 for 99. If the quality is remotely decent, I can totally see myself buying a set and the putter just to mess around.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 Fubuki ZT 50 X
    Sub 70 Pro 15, 18 Project X Low/Mid 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW AMT Tour White S300
    Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw 50, 54, 60 Tour Issue S400
    Black Lab BL-1

Extras: Goodwood G7, 2ball, Special Select NP2, 818H2 19/23, TW747 15/18, shafts
    For sale: 747P 5-11, Sun Mountain 2.5+

Advertisement
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members  736WRX Points: 639Handicap: 6.5Posts: 736 Golden Tee

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 9 Degree Head, Weight Neutral, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei Orange 60 Stiff
    3 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119, 20 Degrees, Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5 
    3 Iron: Wilson Staff Model Utility, 21 Degrees, KBS Hybrid 80 Gram Stiff
    4-PW: TaylorMade P760, Nippon Pro Modus 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Titleist Vokey SM8, Jet Black, F Grind, 12 Degree Bounce, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Titleist Vokey SM8, Jet Black, D Grind, 12 Degree Bounce, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: Titleist Vokey SM8, Jet Black, K Grind, 14 Degree Bounce, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    Putter: L.A.B. Golf B.2 Putter, 34” Stainless 
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Snell MTB-X 
  • titleistforgedtitleistforged buying clubs brings joy SF Bay AreaMembers  249WRX Points: 103Handicap: 11Posts: 249 Fairways

Ya, that's the same picture I linked in my post above (unless it didn't go through)
    I see weights and possibly a milled face, but can't tell if it's an insert. Still, promising.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 Fubuki ZT 50 X
    Sub 70 Pro 15, 18 Project X Low/Mid 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW AMT Tour White S300
    Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw 50, 54, 60 Tour Issue S400
    Black Lab BL-1

Extras: Goodwood G7, 2ball, Special Select NP2, 818H2 19/23, TW747 15/18, shafts
    For sale: 747P 5-11, Sun Mountain 2.5+
  • WaytallWaytall Members  86WRX Points: 47Handicap: 22Posts: 86 Fairways

Looks like an insert for sure

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MTgolfMTgolf Members  76WRX Points: 48Handicap: 3Posts: 76 Fairways

Interesting to say the least. I would guess fairly high quality given it is branded with the "Kirkland Signature" logo.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.