2020 Rookie of the Year Race

18majors

I'll follow this group closely throughout the season:

2020 LPGA TOUR ROOKIES

The following players, should they choose to accept LPGA Tour status, would become 2020 LPGA Tour rookies:

2019 SYMETRA TOUR GRADUATES (4)

Patty Tavatanakit (Thailand), Jillian Hollis (United States), Leona Maguire (Ireland), Esther Lee (United States)

LPGA Q-SERIES TOP-45 AND TIES (15)

Yealimi Noh (United States), Albane Valenzuela (Switzerland), Jennifer Chang (United States), Yui Kawamoto (Japan), Haley Moore (United States), Jiwon Jeon (Republic of Korea), Maia Schechter (United States), Matilda Castren (Finland), Linnea Johansson (Sweden), Andrea Lee (United States), Esther Henseleit (Germany), Yujeong Son (Republic of Korea) Nuria Iturrioz (Spain), Bianca Pagdanganan (Philippines), Kyung Kim (United States)

> @18majors said:

> I'll follow this group closely throughout the season:

>

> 2020 LPGA TOUR ROOKIES

> The following players, should they choose to accept LPGA Tour status, would become 2020 LPGA Tour rookies:

>

> 2019 SYMETRA TOUR GRADUATES (4)

> Patty Tavatanakit (Thailand), Jillian Hollis (United States), Leona Maguire (Ireland), Esther Lee (United States)

> LPGA Q-SERIES TOP-45 AND TIES (15)

> Yealimi Noh (United States), Albane Valenzuela (Switzerland), Jennifer Chang (United States), Yui Kawamoto (Japan), Haley Moore (United States), Jiwon Jeon (Republic of Korea), Maia Schechter (United States), Matilda Castren (Finland), Linnea Johansson (Sweden),Andrea Lee (United States), Esther Henseleit (Germany), Yujeong Son (Republic of Korea) Nuria Iturrioz (Spain), Bianca Pagdanganan (Philippines), Kyung Kim (United States)

Me too! :)

The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

Five Koreans have won ROY since Sei Young Kim started in 2015; Lydia Ko won 2014.

Before that, Moriya Jutanugarn beat Caroline Masson by 480 to 479 to win 2013.

2020 will be more like 2013 without a dominant superstar as a rookie; the winning score will probably be less than 1,000, but will it be more than 500?

> @18majors said:

> The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> Five Koreans have won ROY since Sei Young Kim started in 2015; Lydia Ko won 2014.

> Before that, Moriya Jutanugarn beat Caroline Masson by 480 to 479 to win 2013.

> 2020 will be more like 2013 without a dominant superstar as a rookie; the winning score will probably be less than 1,000, but will it be more than 500?

Okay @18majors / @newinup

For a little fun, let's make 2 picks each for 2020 ROY winner ... based completely on today's list (2019.11.03).

I'll start by picking:

1. Yealimi Noh

2. Patty Tavantanakit

I know, very safe picks ... especially with Yealimi ... but she does have an advantage with the driver in her hands ... which, with all things being equal, should give her more quality birdie and eagle opportunities.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > Five Koreans have won ROY since Sei Young Kim started in 2015; Lydia Ko won 2014.

> > Before that, Moriya Jutanugarn beat Caroline Masson by 480 to 479 to win 2013.

> > 2020 will be more like 2013 without a dominant superstar as a rookie; the winning score will probably be less than 1,000, but will it be more than 500?

>

> __________________

>

> Okay @18majors / @newinup

>

> For a little fun, let's make 2 picks each for 2020 ROY winner ... based completely on today's list (2019.11.03).

>

> I'll start by picking:

>

> 1. Yealimi Noh

> 2. Patty Tavantanakit

>

> I know, very safe picks ... especially with Yealimi ... but she does have an advantage with the driver in her hands ... which, with all things being equal, should give her more quality birdie and eagle opportunities.

Good game; the only issue is how to keep it relevant throughout the year.

Let's divide into two halves:

1. Through and including US Women's Open

2. The rest of the year

My picks for the first half are:

1. Yealimi Noh

2. Yui Kawamoto

> @18majors said:

> The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @18majors said:

> > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

>

>

> Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

Please read what's written; we're talking about rookie season.

Ariya finished #6 in her rookie season in 2015; behind Sei Young Kim, Huo Joo Kim, Minjee Lee, Ha Na Jang and Alison Lee.

> @18majors said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> >

> >

> > Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

>

> Please read what's written; we're talking about rookie season.

> Ariya finished #6 in her rookie season in 2015; behind Sei Young Kim, Huo Joo Kim, Minjee Lee, Ha Na Jang and Alison Lee.

Thanks, I know this and Brooke finished behind them all at 13th. Technically 2015 was Brookes rookie season, or she wouldn't have been awarded points for ROY.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > >

> > >

> > > Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

> >

> > Please read what's written; we're talking about rookie season.

> > Ariya finished #6 in her rookie season in 2015; behind Sei Young Kim, Huo Joo Kim, Minjee Lee, Ha Na Jang and Alison Lee.

>

> Thanks, I know this and Brooke finished behind them all at 13th. Technically 2015 was Brookes rookie season, or she wouldn't have been awarded points for ROY.

That's because Brooke, foolishly IMHO, elected to take immediate LPGA membership status after winning in Portland (in late summer) ... presumably in the hope of garnering enough $$ winnings to qualify for the Asian swing and under pressure from her father.

She had the option of deferring to the following season, which would have given her a full LPGA season. Had she elected to do that, rather than foolishly chase what I coined at the time as the Leprechauns pot of gold (Asian swing), she would have won the ROY that season, beating out In Gee Chun.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

> > >

> > > Please read what's written; we're talking about rookie season.

> > > Ariya finished #6 in her rookie season in 2015; behind Sei Young Kim, Huo Joo Kim, Minjee Lee, Ha Na Jang and Alison Lee.

> >

> > Thanks, I know this and Brooke finished behind them all at 13th. Technically 2015 was Brookes rookie season, or she wouldn't have been awarded points for ROY.

>

> _________________

>

> That's because Brooke, foolishly IMHO, elected to take immediate LPGA membership status after winning in Portland (in late summer) ... presumably in the hope of garnering enough $$ winnings to qualify for the Asian swing and under pressure from her father.

>

> She had the option of deferring to the following season, which would have given her a full LPGA season. Had she elected to do that, rather than foolishly chase what I coined at the time as the Leprechauns pot of gold (Asian swing), she would have won the ROY that season, beating out In Gee Chun.

Indeed her choice may not have been wise, but maybe she wasn't thinking about ROY awards, clearly she just wanted to play golf. Regardless, my original point was Ariya tops Brooke as the best of 2015, at least for now.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you familiar with the Thai player Ariya Jutanugarn, she's done OK on tour, so I hear.

> > > >

> > > > Please read what's written; we're talking about rookie season.

> > > > Ariya finished #6 in her rookie season in 2015; behind Sei Young Kim, Huo Joo Kim, Minjee Lee, Ha Na Jang and Alison Lee.

> > >

> > > Thanks, I know this and Brooke finished behind them all at 13th. Technically 2015 was Brookes rookie season, or she wouldn't have been awarded points for ROY.

> >

> > _________________

> >

> > That's because Brooke, foolishly IMHO, elected to take immediate LPGA membership status after winning in Portland (in late summer) ... presumably in the hope of garnering enough $$ winnings to qualify for the Asian swing and under pressure from her father.

> >

> > She had the option of deferring to the following season, which would have given her a full LPGA season. Had she elected to do that, rather than foolishly chase what I coined at the time as the Leprechauns pot of gold (Asian swing), she would have won the ROY that season, beating out In Gee Chun.

>

> Indeed her choice may not have been wise, but maybe she wasn't thinking about ROY awards, clearly she just wanted to play golf. Regardless, my original point was Ariya tops Brooke as the best of 2015, at least for now.

In a technical sense ... which you probably would say is the only thing that counts, she was a rookie that year. In her election for immediate membership status, she forfeited all of that season's performances that would otherwise have counted towards the ROY.

Nonetheless, **_Sei Young Kim_** had the best year as a rookie in 2015 ... as that was the year in which she won 3 times.

2016 was Brooke's first full year as an LPGA member and she was the "rookie of the year" that season.

As much as I support and follow the LPGA, I believe some of their "ways" are "bush league" ... and their practices/policies around LPGA membership is one of them as is how they conduct ROY and a couple of other things.

> @18majors said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > > Five Koreans have won ROY since Sei Young Kim started in 2015; Lydia Ko won 2014.

> > > Before that, Moriya Jutanugarn beat Caroline Masson by 480 to 479 to win 2013.

> > > 2020 will be more like 2013 without a dominant superstar as a rookie; the winning score will probably be less than 1,000, but will it be more than 500?

> >

> > __________________

> >

> > Okay @18majors / @newinup

> >

> > For a little fun, let's make 2 picks each for 2020 ROY winner ... based completely on today's list (2019.11.03).

> >

> > I'll start by picking:

> >

> > 1. Yealimi Noh

> > 2. Patty Tavantanakit

> >

> > I know, very safe picks ... especially with Yealimi ... but she does have an advantage with the driver in her hands ... which, with all things being equal, should give her more quality birdie and eagle opportunities.

>

> Good game; the only issue is how to keep it relevant throughout the year.

> Let's divide into two halves:

> 1. Through and including US Women's Open

> 2. The rest of the year

>

> My picks for the first half are:

> 1. Yealimi Noh

> 2. Yui Kawamoto

Ok. But, for part 2, do we get to pick any other rookies that emerge after the USWO that are not on this list? Also, for part 2, we reset the ROY points and see who finishes higher for that part of the season?

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > The best non-Korean rookie in recent years is Brooke Henderson in 2016; she'd have beaten In Gee Chun (1,358) for Rookie of the Year if not for the fact that she accepted LPGA membership in 2015.

> > > > Five Koreans have won ROY since Sei Young Kim started in 2015; Lydia Ko won 2014.

> > > > Before that, Moriya Jutanugarn beat Caroline Masson by 480 to 479 to win 2013.

> > > > 2020 will be more like 2013 without a dominant superstar as a rookie; the winning score will probably be less than 1,000, but will it be more than 500?

> > >

> > > __________________

> > >

> > > Okay @18majors / @newinup

> > >

> > > For a little fun, let's make 2 picks each for 2020 ROY winner ... based completely on today's list (2019.11.03).

> > >

> > > I'll start by picking:

> > >

> > > 1. Yealimi Noh

> > > 2. Patty Tavantanakit

> > >

> > > I know, very safe picks ... especially with Yealimi ... but she does have an advantage with the driver in her hands ... which, with all things being equal, should give her more quality birdie and eagle opportunities.

> >

> > Good game; the only issue is how to keep it relevant throughout the year.

> > Let's divide into two halves:

> > 1. Through and including US Women's Open

> > 2. The rest of the year

> >

> > My picks for the first half are:

> > 1. Yealimi Noh

> > 2. Yui Kawamoto

>

> _____________________

>

> Ok. But, for part 2, do we get to pick any other rookies that emerge after the USWO that are not on this list? Also, for part 2, we reset the ROY points and see who finishes higher for that part of the season?

Points will be reset; we can also change our picks of players.

Basically, it's two contests; one for first half and one for second half.

Otherwise, the results may already be set in stone by May 2020.

> @18majors said:

> @Newinup

>

> I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

>

> She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > @Newinup

> >

> > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> >

> > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

>

> LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

That why the ball went so far.

Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup

> > >

> > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > >

> > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> >

> > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

>

> I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> That why the ball went so far.

> Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

maybe, I'm no technical expert either. what i do notice is that she's improved her putting but her iron play still needs more consistency. and when she gets tired/hurt, the driving goes wayward (understandable, but i think her stamina/conditioning needs improvement too)... partly explains her super high and super low scores in some tournaments (not just qschool)

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > @Newinup

> > > >

> > > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > > >

> > > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> > >

> > > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

> >

> > I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> > That why the ball went so far.

> > Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

>

> maybe, I'm no technical expert either. what i do notice is that she's improved her putting but her iron play still needs more consistency. and when she gets tired/hurt, the driving goes wayward (understandable, but i think her stamina/conditioning needs improvement too)... partly explains her super high and super low scores in some tournaments (not just qschool)

I noticed that; when she's unstoppable when she gets going.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup

> > >

> > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > >

> > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> >

> > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

>

> I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> That why the ball went so far.

> Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

I have not seen Bianca's video. If her launch monitor stats indicates spin of 1968, then that is excellent for a driver. That's what will give her good distance with a good launch angle, minimal side apin, etc.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > @Newinup

> > > > >

> > > > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > > > >

> > > > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> > > >

> > > > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

> > >

> > > I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> > > That why the ball went so far.

> > > Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

> >

> > maybe, I'm no technical expert either. what i do notice is that she's improved her putting but her iron play still needs more consistency. and when she gets tired/hurt, the driving goes wayward (understandable, but i think her stamina/conditioning needs improvement too)... partly explains her super high and super low scores in some tournaments (not just qschool)

>

> I noticed that; when she;s unstoppable when she gets going.

yes she is, in a way Sei Young Kim like... without the black belt.... but with the same feistiness...

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > @Newinup

> > > >

> > > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > > >

> > > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> > >

> > > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

> >

> > I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> > That why the ball went so far.

> > Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

>

> _____________________

>

> I have not seen Bianca's video. If her launch monitor stats indicates spin of 1968, then that is excellent for a driver. That's what will give her good distance with a good launch angle, minimal side apin, etc.

i'm not a golf techie so I'm just relaying what i did see from trackman (Eg the video)... :) launch angle 14.5 is the other data in her video... no doubt her driving length is an asset... hence i keep saying she's got more potential vs yuka at this point... hopefully bianca's health holds up as we all know how driving can literally be "a pain in the back" (if done over aggressively)

> @Newinup said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @Newinup said:

> > > > > @Newinup

> > > > >

> > > > > I saw Bianca's Instagram instant video:

> > > > >

> > > > > She hits her driver 282 yards carry and 312 yards total.

> > > > > She should forget about LPGA; just qualify for PGA Tour already.

> > > >

> > > > LOL, but she needs to be consistent... and her ball striking needs improvement... Matsuyama should help her, as fellow Filipino (by ethnicity) Australian Jason Day wont cut it (and has back problems too)... btw, why was spin rate the one encircled do you have any idea? eg 1968

> > >

> > > I'm no technical expert; but spin rate of 1968 seems extremely low.

> > > That why the ball went so far.

> > > Maybe she needs more spins to gain control.

> >

> > _____________________

> >

> > I have not seen Bianca's video. If her launch monitor stats indicates spin of 1968, then that is excellent for a driver. That's what will give her good distance with a good launch angle, minimal side apin, etc.

>

> i'm not a golf techie so I'm just relaying what i did see from trackman (Eg the video)... :) launch angle 14.5 is the other data in her video... no doubt her driving length is an asset... hence i keep saying she's got more potential vs yuka at this point... hopefully bianca's health holds up as we all know how driving can literally be "a pain in the back" (if done over aggressively)

I see Bianca is on a fitness regimen .... like a TPI program which will help her maintain her flexibility, mobility and strength ... those are the keys to keeping her body in good shape and able to swing the driver with club head speed of 108 mph. I saw the video clip on Instagram ??

> @18majors said:

> A nice video for Haley Moore and Bianca Pagdanganon:

>

> [https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/1191826269069103104](https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/1191826269069103104 "https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/1191826269069103104")

yup, and that is why Arizona '2018 surprised everyone. Haley was the one who actually drove B to the practice course when B moved to Arizona from Gonzaga (she still doesn't drive a car btw but i think she now has to, obviously). They're also going to be roommates in the pro tour (of course if both are playing the same tournament which I think Haley would have more of given she's top 20).

New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

• Like 1

> @Newinup said:

> New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

Bravo, this's the right thing to do!

One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

Hopefully Bianca get a spot but she should Monday qualify if not.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > New Update: Bianca's last event as an amateur will be the Southeast Asian Games this november... she will turn pro after that, no more ANWA (which, even if it was her dream to play in Augusta, turning pro as soon as possible is a more strategic and intelligent move, in my view). At this point, based on 18majors' category 14 technicalities, I think she needs to cash in and join in as many as she can as early as possible, so this is a good decision for her... Will update you guys once I get to know which one will be her first LPGA event :)

>

> Bravo, this's the right thing to do!

> One thing Yealimi Noh did right was to turn down UCLA and turned pro immediately; she'd the clarity of mind to overcome her early season stumbles.

> The first full field 2020 event is the inaugural Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio will be held Jan. 20-26 in Boca Raton. Unfortunately it'll be an 108 field, not the more common 144 field.

> Hopefully Bianca get a spot but she should Monday qualify if not.

I also think playing the full year as a pro is the right thing to do. However, there may not be that many opportunities to play before ANWA outside of Monday qualifier? If the schedule is similar to last year, probably the two events in Australia, and then maybe Bank of Hope Founders or Kia (although these two seem fairly popular and given that they are at the start of the U.S. year a lot of people play so I'm not sure how far down the list spots will be available --- I guess it also depends on how many spots on the priority list are taken up outside of Top 80, 81-100, Symetra Top 10). I wonder if being from Philippines will get her a sponsor exemption into Thailand or Singapore or if the name/draw still needs to be built up a bit (Muni played last year, although this was likely more the IMG connection)? Of course, any money won here wouldn't count for status.

Based on what I've read from this forum, I think at this point she has no choice but to "Monday qualify". Not sure about the events hence will actually have to check with you guys who follow these things more than I do (I mean I do but I am not that familiar with the smaller events' qualification/schedule).

I'll eventually find out of course but you guys have a knack for getting different things ahead of time LOL (Even I wasn't sure about the cut in Qschool, LOL). For now, am more than excited to see her play in the pro level. Golf Channel will even become more of a staple in our household - as if it hasnt been for the past few years LOL...