We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Taylormade M6 - Long Term reviews

jklcmo ·  
jklcmojklcmo  84Members Posts: 84

Hello all - Currently play a Ping Max driver and have never been a fan of the look at address or sound. However, was fitted for it a couple years ago and cannot deny the results. Want to hate it, but can't, lol. I've always liked the look at address of the TM M6 and used to play the 2016 M2 (before the Ping Max). I recently saw a demo M6 at a great $ and purchased it. Golf season is over is Canada so was only able to play one round with it. Had really straight drives with it but was hard to gauge after the one round. But was curious of folks' long term reviews of this club? Part of me is crazy to consider giving up the Ping Max as its by far produced my best driving out of the tee. However, I'm a gear head and was just never a fan of the look and feel. Any thoughts would be great.

Posted:
Post edited by jklcmo on

Comments

• Titleist84Titleist84  72Members Posts: 72

I played the M2 2016 as well and now play the M6. Distance is about the same but the M6 is so much straighter.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx. 1149ClubWRX Posts: 1,149

The M6 with the Ventus 6s is as good as it gets for me. Since going with this combo a few months ago I've been as consistent as ever.

Posted:

DRIVER -    Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    3 WD -       Taylor Made M6 Rocket | Atmos Orange Stiff 
    HYBRIDS - PXG Gen 2 -  2 / 3 / 4 Hybrids | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
    IRONS -     PXG Gen 2 0311P 5 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    WEDGES - Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    GRIPS -      JumboMax Medium Ultralight grips on ALL 
    PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
    BAG -         PXG Staff Bag
    BALLS -     Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

DeChambeau 1-plane swing !!!!!!!!!

• GalangaGalanga  728Members Posts: 728

Funny. In same boat. The Max was such a savior I feel I would be disrespectful to take it out. But I need more loft and really liked the M6 - seemed equally forgiving but longer w better flight for me. In deep ponder. M6 seems to be one of the favored drivers of the year and may be an easy step for Max user.

Posted:
    • PingG400 Max 10.5; Ping Tour 65 S; 45.25”; D4.5
    • Ping G410 14.5 and 17.5; Project X Evenflow Blue 65 6.0; 43.25” and 42.25"; D2.5 / D3.5
    • Ping G410 22; Project X Evenflow Blue 85 6.0; 39.75”; D3.5
    • Ping Ping iBlades 5-PW; +1/2”; 2 flat; Recoil 110 F4; D4-6
    • Ping Glide Stealth 52SS, 54ES (56), and 58ES (60); 2 flat; all 36"; Recoil 125 F4; D5-7
    • Ping Y-Blade; 36.5/70

• Man_O_WarMan_O_War  3128Members Posts: 3,128

are most tour players using the M5 or M6?

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Srixon Z-Forged 120x 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
  • Kale_mKale_m  2145Members Posts: 2,145

@Man_O_War said:

Seems like players on tour that were in the M4 last year are now into the M5

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War  3128Members Posts: 3,128

@Kale_m said:

@Man_O_War said:

seems like most of the TM leading players have the M5. Which probably means M6 is best for amateurs lol

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Srixon Z-Forged 120x 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

Advertisement
  • Kale_mKale_m  2145Members Posts: 2,145

@Man_O_War said:

@Kale_m said:

@Man_O_War said:

seems like most of the TM leading players have the M5. Which probably means M6 is best for amateurs lol

M5 is just very low spin. So most low swing speeds need a bit more spin to stay at optimal numbers for their swing speeds

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    Ping g410 2hy at 16*
    Ping g410 3hy at 20.5 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • getitdailygetitdaily  2679Members Posts: 2,679

I couldn't get m6 to work. Battled the lefts with it. As a fader, that's a no go. I had to go 10.5 in the m5. The 9.0 head was too low spin and I swing 107-108..

I was in a m4 last season in an 8.5 head.

Posted:
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1  5782Members Posts: 5,782

I have an M6 9 degrees with Tensei Pro White. It’s a beast!

Posted:
  • wchahnwchahn Boston 118ClubWRX Posts: 118

I've gamed a G400 Max since it came out and loved how forgiving it is as well as the matt black look. However, I played a rental M6, courtesy of a lost bag, in August and liked the look of the M6 and even though the shaft was not a good fit for me, liked how the head felt. Like you, I found an essentially new M6 for a good price and put my fitted shaft from my Ping into it and have been pleasantly surprised that it has been consistently longer without any loss of forgiveness. I'm worried about the paint at the leading edge of the head due to my OCD but after a lot of range sessions and 5-6 rounds, I've been pretty happy.

Posted:
  • jklcmojklcmo  84Members Posts: 84

Thanks everyone, this is helpful.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jklcmojklcmo  84Members Posts: 84

@wchahn said:
    I've gamed a G400 Max since it came out and loved how forgiving it is as well as the matt black look. However, I played a rental M6, courtesy of a lost bag, in August and liked the look of the M6 and even though the shaft was not a good fit for me, liked how the head felt. Like you, I found an essentially new M6 for a good price and put my fitted shaft from my Ping into it and have been pleasantly surprised that it has been consistently longer without any loss of forgiveness. I'm worried about the paint at the leading edge of the head due to my OCD but after a lot of range sessions and 5-6 rounds, I've been pretty happy.

I currently have the Hzrdus Black in my Pin G Max...I just picked Hzrdus Smoke shaft I'm going to try in the M6 and see how it plays...I really like the M6 at address.

Posted:
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26

My 10.5’ M6 is set to 9.75’ and open 1.5’. Shaft is Recoil Helium stiff. Best drive this year was 327 with a slight draw and slight tailwind to a flattish FW. The 6 is a BEAST. You’ll ❤️It.

Posted:
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer  233ClubWRX Posts: 233

I've always played Callaway, but this year I put the M6 in the bag and have no regrets. Long and straight. I got tired of all the adjustable weight heads out there and decided to go with the M6 over the M5

Posted:
    TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Callaway Epic 3W
    Callaway Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    Callaway C19 Apex Forged Combo Smoke 4-GW
     [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • pat_katopat_kato  99ClubWRX Posts: 99

More of a really short term review butI just replaced my Cobra F9 with a M6. I've noticed on the first range session tonight that, Jesus, the ball comes off the face hotter and goes longer. The thing just sounds awesome too. Can't wait to take it out on the course tomorrow.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback 9º ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff Flex
    Fairway: Cobra F9 3/4 ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: Cobra F9 3H ATMOS 7 Stiff Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 52º, 56º, 60º Stock Shaft
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider X
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5
  • JT0220JT0220  6Members Posts: 6

same here...I thought the F9 was it for me earlier this year. Happened to try an M6 and the F9 was out of the bag within a couple days. For me, I hit it straighter and further than the F9, epic flash, g410 plus. My specs are 10.5 M6 with evenflow black 65g

Posted:

Advertisement
  • woods991woods991 believeland 2453ClubWRX Posts: 2,453

M6 best shaft combo?

Posted:
    Signature of Solon CC
    Callaway Epic Flash (Tour Issue) 10.5 Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI 60 TR 45"
    Taylormade M5 15 Tensei Orange 70
    Cleveland Launcher Turbo 18 
    Mizuno Jpx 919 Hot Metal Nippon Modus3 Pro 105s
    Cleveland CBX2 50 KBS Tour Custom,Cleveland RTX4 54,58 Nippon Modus3
    Evnroll ER9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5025Members Posts: 5,025

I went Ping G400 Max (fit by Ping), M6, PXG (fit by PXG), then back the the M6. Far and away the best driver for me.

It is an amazing setup with the GD AD IZ.

Posted:
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD IZ 6s
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4 Iron Elevate Tour
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • pat_katopat_kato  99ClubWRX Posts: 99

@pat_kato said:
    More of a really short term review butI just replaced my Cobra F9 with a M6. I've noticed on the first range session tonight that, Jesus, the ball comes off the face hotter and goes longer. The thing just sounds awesome too. Can't wait to take it out on the course tomorrow.

My follow up on course review:

Hit a lot more fairways with the ball going a lot straighter. Usually, my buddy that I golf with week to week outdrives me about 5-10 yard but today I outdrove him about 10-15 yards on every drive. I also bought the fairway wood and hybrid which I also hit straighter and longer. I'll be selling my F9 driver, wood, and hybrid now.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback 9º ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff Flex
    Fairway: Cobra F9 3/4 ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: Cobra F9 3H ATMOS 7 Stiff Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 52º, 56º, 60º Stock Shaft
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider X
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5
  • averysdadaverysdad  1306Members Posts: 1,306

I’m gaming M6 with Evenflow blue and it’s been better for me than TS2, F9, & G400 Max. I love the sound, feel, and distance. I will recommend being fit and having an open mind to shaft as my old reliable Tensei blue was a no go...the Evenflow blue was $$$ though. I also usually am a 10.5 guy but with M6 I went with a 9 and turned it up to 9.75. Everything was Goldilocks in that setting in terms of launch and spin. Will take a unicorn to get it out of the bag.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.