NEW PING iBLADE IN 2020?

2»

Comments

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7876Members Posts: 7,876

Love the feel of 210s, prefer the look of iBlades. Now if Ping can combine the 2, I think we have a winner?!

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mah2010mah2010 Grande Prairie AB 396Members Posts: 396

Hope something gets announced in January

Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2229Members Posts: 2,229

@animalgolfs said:
    I'm real close to pulling a iBlade / Blueprint combo

Blueprint just looks so good to my eye

I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Currently taking applications
    5 Wood: Currently taking applications
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 4 Hybrid w/Recoil F4
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone BX
  • IvyguyIvyguy  1571Members Posts: 1,571

@GolfChannel said:

@animalgolfs said:

I have been told, multiple times, the 2.0 is coming. That said, once I feel comfortable in my off-season changes with the PlaneMate and SpeedSticks, if the 2.0’s don’t physically exist yet I will probably go the same route.

I have personally never had an issue with my iBlades spinning too much, but having the right shaft and ball are important. This is also why we get fit, sometimes you just don’t match up no matter how much you want to.

I think what u said about shaft and ball combination is an understated truth. It's a marriage of all components

Most fittings dont take all (gripf, shaft, head and ball) into consideration.

Most are getting fitted at your local big box golf shop with MaxFli distance balls. In tennis shoes. Stock grips.

Just sayin, an incomplete fitting is like buying off the rack.

Posted:
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USA 6764Members Posts: 6,764

@Ivyguy said:

@GolfChannel said:

@animalgolfs said:

I think what u said about shaft and ball combination is an understated truth. It's a marriage of all components

Most are getting fitted at your local big box golf shop with MaxFli distance balls. In tennis shoes. Stock grips.

Speaking of the ball's effect....

Several years ago, found considerable difference in iron distance by switching to a different ball, going from the Precept U Tri Extra Spin, from the U Tri Tour. I hit a high ball and used to spin it a bit, the UT-ES meshed well with my game with that iron set. With another set that produced less spin, that distance gain was less.

Found it very interesting. :)

I found similar differences with driver, with early Callaway balls. Lower spin ball worked better with Driver X, higher spin ball worked with Driver Y. Similar good results with each if I matched the ball, similar poorer results if I mismatched the ball.

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: TM R11s, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 43.25"
    3w:  Cobra King LTD, Tour Blue 85 S
    3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, DGS400
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

I've proven once again that anything over 44.5" or even 44.25" is a horrible fit for my tee game
  • WristySwingWristySwing  109Members Posts: 109

@NRJyzr said:

@Ivyguy said:

@GolfChannel said:

@animalgolfs said:

Speaking of the ball's effect....

Several years ago, found considerable difference in iron distance by switching to a different ball, going from the Precept U Tri Extra Spin, from the U Tri Tour.

I found similar differences with driver, with early Callaway balls. Lower spin ball worked better with Driver X, higher spin ball worked with Driver Y. Similar good results with each if I matched the ball, similar poorer results if I mismatched the ball.

Okay, I've had the weirdest experience ever with different balls affecting the club significantly. When the C300 forged came out, I was all over it, I liked the look, the feel, and the tech had me intrigued: ball speed of a GI iron in traditional lofts. See, I'd fell into the WRX trap, I felt like I was somehow inferior because I added loft at impact and did better with stronger lofted irons due to my dynamic loft at impact. So this blew me away, I had to try them. I hit them at my local Big Box store with whatever was in the simulator (I think Srixon Marathons) and as told, I was getting equivalent ball speed out of the 7i (34) as I was out of the 7i (30) in my own set. Colour me impressed, I was all set to buy them but told myself to wait for a day or two and make sure it wasn't just my swing that day. So I went back a few days later and tried again but this time the ball was a ProV1 and the ball was going about 10 yards short of my own 7i, so basically exactly as far as my 8i, where it should have been given the loft. Then I grabbed a Srixon Marathon that was sitting there and boom the distance came back. I didn't buy them because I had previously tried the Marathon with a driver and wedge and they were super short. It seemed so odd to me at the time before I really gave ball fitting a deep think.

Posted:

Cobra F9 - Ventus Black
    Ping G410 4 wood and 7 wood (16.5-20.5) - Rogue Black 130
    Callaway Big Bertha 2019 hybrid 5H-8H (24-35) - Diamana Thump Hy for when the back is bad
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-P (23-45) - Accra i110 for when the back is great
    Cleveland CBX2 GW and SW (50-55) - Accra i123
    Taylormade Hi-Toe Big Foot ATV - Accra i123
    Bettinardi Custom 1 of 1 or Scotty Teryllium T22 NP2 - Stability
    Always Lamkin Grips

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file