We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

New irons arrive tomorrow.

launcher ·  
launcherlauncher  61Members Posts: 61

This might not thrill anyone but me. Anyone who checks out my posts will soon realize that I'm a big fan of Wilson Staff. I just ordered a set of C300 forged. Too good of a deal to pass up. I had a fantastic year with my Cortex, C300 3 wood and C300 hybrid. Looking forward to posting a review, but Winter seems to be arriving early here in the Northeast.

Posted:
Titleist 917d3 9.5
Titleist 917f2 13.5
Titleist 818h2 17d. 
Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Srixon u65 20d. 
Scratch 8620 53d. 
Odyssey White hot Pro

Comments

• Joepa324Joepa324 Charlotte, NC 389Members Posts: 389

Good luck! I get my T100s tomorrow as well.

Posted:

Titleist TS2 Kurokage 55 S 10.5*
    Titleist TS2 3 Wood Rogue 65 S 16.5*
    Titleist TS2 5 Wood Rogue 65 S 18*
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 70 S 23*
    Titleist T100 5-50* AMT Black Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54*-10 S Grind SM7 60*-12 D Grind 
    Studio Select Newport 2

Titleist Staff Stand Bag

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • birdie30birdie30  21Members Posts: 21

hopefully the winter doesnt ruin your chances to use it

Posted:
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62  1709Members Posts: 1,709

I hope you have better luck than I had when I bought new irons. I got them on a Tuesday by Friday I was having retinal detachment surgery. Missed quite few weeks of playing. Finally got back to playing took a bit to get my swing back then boom the retina in the other eye detached and another surgery. So no swinging until around Christmas. Not sure what I did to **** off the golf gods but no more gimmes over 2 feet anymore. Maybe give up the breakfast ball too.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • launcherlauncher  61Members Posts: 61

@Markrip said:
    I hope you have better luck than I had when I bought new irons. I got them on a Tuesday by Friday I was having retinal detachment surgery. Missed quite few weeks of playing. Finally got back to playing took a bit to get my swing back then boom the retina in the other eye detached and another surgery. So no swinging until around Christmas. Not sure what I did to **** off the golf gods but no more gimmes over 2 feet anymore. Maybe give up the breakfast ball too.

WOW!!! That's quite an ordeal. I would think it would take a considerable trauma to experience a detached retina? Hope the worst is behind you.

Posted:
    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f2 13.5
    Titleist 818h2 17d. 
    Srixon u65 20d. 
    Scratch 8620 53d. 
    Odyssey White hot Pro

Got them this afternoon. Factory sealed in the box. They look fantastic. Fortunately my wife was at work when they arrived. As I mentioned, I'll be posting a review next April at the earliest, so stay tuned. For now, I just get to look at them every once in awhile.

Posted:
    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f2 13.5
    Titleist 818h2 17d. 
    Srixon u65 20d. 
    Scratch 8620 53d. 
    Odyssey White hot Pro

• Sean2Sean2  30888Members Posts: 30,888

Lol, hopefully you will be able to do more than look at them until next April. :-)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ChadwickogChadwickog  348Members Posts: 348

They are sweet. With the right shafts for you, you will enjoy them.

Posted:
  • DavidvDavidv  851Members Posts: 851

Good luck, you must have an indoor golf dome where you can hit them before Spring. If not could be a long Winter.

Posted:

The funniest thing is, after awhile I'll start feeling guilty, and sit my wife down to tell her that I bought new irons. Usually when I tell her I have a confession to make, and it's really bad, she braces herself, as she thinks I'm having an affair. Then I show her the clubs I've bought, and she loses it.

Posted:
    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f2 13.5
    Titleist 818h2 17d. 
    Srixon u65 20d. 
    Scratch 8620 53d. 
    Odyssey White hot Pro

• Jersey golferJersey golfer  467Members Posts: 467

@Warrick said:
    I just leave the box in the middle of the floor, tell her to clean it up and make me a sandwich while she is up.

Hopefully Mrs Bobbit knows you are kidding.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BunkerratBunkerrat  13Members Posts: 13

Nuttin better than new club day,,,,. Cept maybe new clubs and a 75 degree day...

Posted:
  • ronnbeeronnbee  1114Members Posts: 1,114

@launcher said:
    The funniest thing is, after awhile I'll start feeling guilty, and sit my wife down to tell her that I bought new irons. Usually when I tell her I have a confession to make, and it's really bad, she braces herself, as she thinks I'm having an affair. Then I show her the clubs I've bought, and she loses it.

ship equip to work--she knows nothing !!!!

Posted:
  • MikepaulMikepaul  554Members Posts: 554

My wife always comes with me to the golf shop to collect new clubs, she usually comments they look nice. I haven’t told her the new set of apex pro 19 I ordered cost £1350, they are due in the next few weeks - very exciting.

Posted:
  • HouskaHouska  63ClubWRX Posts: 63

Also picked up a set of C300s (gun metal) from the forum this week. Played 18 on Thursday and loved them. From 4-W they just seemed to work! My key takeaways:

• Head size is comparable to HMBs and P790/
    • The long irons are easier to hit than I would have thought
    • Middle irons and short irons were great with distant control.
    • Distance was comparable to my HMBs but 7-9 yds shorter than my i500s.
    • The feel and feedback was nice, not Mizuno soft.

Enjoy-love some Wilson Staff gear.

@launcher said:
    This might not thrill anyone but me. Anyone who checks out my posts will soon realize that I'm a big fan of Wilson Staff. I just ordered a set of C300 forged. Too good of a deal to pass up. I had a fantastic year with my Cortex, C300 3 wood and C300 hybrid. Looking forward to posting a review, but Winter seems to be arriving early here in the Northeast.

Posted:

@Houska said:
    Also picked up a set of C300s (gun metal) from the forum this week. Played 18 on Thursday and loved them. From 4-W they just seemed to work! My key takeaways:

• Head size is comparable to HMBs and P790/
    • The long irons are easier to hit than I would have thought
    • Middle irons and short irons were great with distant control.
    • Distance was comparable to my HMBs but 7-9 yds shorter than my i500s.
    • The feel and feedback was nice, not Mizuno soft.

Enjoy-love some Wilson Staff gear.

@launcher said:

Thanks for the review. I'm looking so forward to hitting them. Not sure what set I'll be replacing, either my Jpx-850 forged, or Mp-H5's. Love them both as well, but it seems I've become a Wilson devotee.

Posted:
    Titleist 917d3 9.5
    Titleist 917f2 13.5
    Titleist 818h2 17d. 
    Srixon u65 20d. 
    Scratch 8620 53d. 
    Odyssey White hot Pro

Advertisement
  • jerryojerryo  1163Members Posts: 1,163

It is nice to see some love for these irons. I hit them recently because they had the kbs tour 105 that I wanted to try. I'm currently playing the tour flt 120s. I loved the C300 forged. After reading this thread I just went and bought a set. I'm in the northeast also so may have to wait to hit them.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.