GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Putting at Home

ButchGann ·  
ButchGannButchGann Members  14WRX Points: 27Handicap: 10Posts: 14 Bunkers

What do you generally putt to (or at) when you are putting at home? Last night, I tossed down one of the flat cardboard coasters you get at the restaurants and it worked pretty good. I liked it because it didn't have a lip you had to roll the ball over.

Posted:

Comments

• MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  603WRX Points: 142Handicap: 15.4Posts: 603 Golden Tee

Big Moss Putting green, worth the investment. Have had mine over a year and I love it. I have the Augusta model.

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    (50.08 Mid, 56.10 High, 60.5 Low)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dlow206dlow206 Members  362WRX Points: 133Posts: 362 Greens

I bought the Birdie Ball putting green recently

Posted:
  • FairwaysToHeavenFairwaysToHeaven Members  3570WRX Points: 296Handicap: 5Posts: 3,570 Titanium Tees

putt out is nice because it returns the ball. big moss putting mats have a new version 2 that is now shipping. thicker better quality backing.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members  253WRX Points: 99Posts: 253 Greens

Putt Out has helped me a lot. Get one.

Posted:
  • ThornbrughThornbrugh Members  126WRX Points: 21Posts: 126 Fairways

I have a Birdieball and Puttout and enjoy them both. I try to mix it up and rotate between the two. I can't leave them out because I have two kids under 4 that like to mess with them, so I tend to use the Puttout more often since it is easy to rollup and putaway.

Posted:
  • andrueandrue Members  1557WRX Points: 295Handicap: 20Posts: 1,557 Platinum Tees

I use something like this although mine isn't adjustable. The most important feature is the mat since carpets are usually a lot faster than greens. I used to practice on carpet and kept leaving putts short on greens. But the slope helps as well as does having one hole below regulation size. The ball return is also very useful. Most other aids force you to walk and get the ball or else penalise misses by leaving the ball hidden under furniture. With this 'puppy' you can just stand and putt and the ball nearly always returns to you whether you make the putt or not.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • buntabunta Members  832WRX Points: 487Posts: 832 Golden Tee

Funny thing about these putting mats and these putting aids/gadgets is that i can make 20 straight 4-5 footers without much of a focus. I go out to the course, id be lucky to make half of them. Smh.

Posted:
    TS3 / U65|785 / SM7 / Anser W
  • StetsonStetson Members  2699WRX Points: 175Posts: 2,699 Titanium Tees

Big Moss, Boomerang and putting mirror

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11707WRX Points: 1,427Handicap: 7Posts: 11,707 ClubWRX

On -, @MooJersey said:

Big Moss Putting green, worth the investment. Have had mine over a year and I love it. I have the Augusta model.

This!

Had one for 2 years, am a better putter now, practice that stroke, hit thousands each winter

Posted:
    GBB Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
    F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
    F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 
    Mavrik Pro 5-A TT Elevate 
    MD5 53/58
    Toulon Portland Garage 
    TM TP5X 
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members  1277WRX Points: 898Handicap: 12Posts: 1,277 Platinum Tees

Make a 'course' in your living room (if you have a carpet). Stand in the middle of the room and pick objects to shoot at. Tv stand leg, coffee table leg, sofa foot, doorjam, etc. Then just putt. For challenges, pick stuff off the carpet that requires focusing on a spot/speed where the carpet edge will feed to the target. Great for getting you to look away from the hole when lining up breaking putts.

Best part is you already have all you need.

Posted:
    Golfing in Finland!
    Taylormade R15
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

• TreyMacTreyMac Toronto, CanadaMembers  66WRX Points: 23Handicap: 15Posts: 66 Bunkers

I've been using a SKLZ Accelerator Pro 2.0 putting mat, trying to make 30 putts a day with it....don't ask how many attempts that takes...

Posted:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ 2.0 Black 9.5*
    3W: Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* w/ Atmos Blue 7S
    5W: Cobra King F9 Speedback 18.5* w/ Atmos Blue 7S
    4h: Titleist TS2 19* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV 80 HY S
    5-PW: JPX 919 Forged w/ KBS $-Taper Lite 100S
    GW: Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F w/ DG SG200
    SW: Titleist Vokey SM7 55.09M w/ DG SG200
    LW: Titleist Vokey SM7 60.04L w/ DG SG200
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Grey
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
    Bag: Mizuno Pro Cart Bag 2019 - Staff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.