GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Toe hits.. please help me.

toofdocta ·  
toofdoctatoofdocta Members, Paid BST  63WRX Points: 27Posts: 63 Bunkers

Cant find the center with irons, toeing everything. Anything jump out as to why this would be happening?

Posted:

Comments

• aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  684WRX Points: 818Posts: 684 Golden Tee

A thing I'm seeing is as you're reaching the top of your backswing; you're coming up and away from the ball then staying there down and through. Effectively moving your swing plane back off the ball a touch.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • toofdoctatoofdocta Members, Paid BST  63WRX Points: 27Posts: 63 Bunkers

On -, @aenemated I see that also. Any thing I can do to work on that? Maybe focus on keeping head still?
    Posted:
  • uitar9uitar9 Members  474WRX Points: 130Handicap: LOLPosts: 474 Greens

Have you tried moving a touch closer to the ball at setup. As aenemated pointed out, it won't stop you from pulling back only have the ball in a better position for centre face contact.

It's such a crazy hard game. There are so many pieces that can be adjusted to get centre face contact

Posted:
    KZG OS11 12 degree driver
    Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway 20.5 heavenwood
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    KZG 5-PW irons
    KZG 52 and 56 and cobra 60 wedges
    TM Spider mallet
  • MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1071WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,071 Platinum Tees

I had a similar issue years ago. My club pro told me “think of covering the ball with your chest”. That one thought has kept me in my posture throughout the backswing and downswing.

Posted:

Awesome thanks guys going to try standing closer and also covering the ball. It’s driving me crazy because I’m missing by an inch and it’s just throwing everything off. Will get better videos today also

Posted:
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members  3212WRX Points: 829Handicap: I.Q.Posts: 3,212 Titanium Tees

As previous post, definitely a lift after the top of your swing then a flip at the bottom

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  684WRX Points: 818Posts: 684 Golden Tee

What's kinda interesting is your head doesn't constantly shift around but is super steady then as you're about to begin your transition is when it happens; then stays really steady down and through.

A drill that may help is the classic "swing to the top and pause for a beat," focus on maintaining your spine angle and then transition down and through. You'll see a ton of pros doing this one for various reasons.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Been working hard and only hitting toe when I don’t focus on keeping my head still. Here’s a couple more videos.

Posted:

In that video I can see, your head seems to be moving around a lot more than it does in the original post. Like, it loops around with your takeaway and to the top and then down. Maybe thinking about it too much.

What really helps me when I'm not sure about my stability is to practice like 1/2 swing pitches. I don't wanna move my weight around any there so I focus on staying centered and just letting myself rotate around a stable core. Perhaps give that a shot then when you have that feel; move it up to 3/4 and full swing. I was totally doing this during my practice session Sunday afternoon - it's a great help.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• jhawjhaw Members  32WRX Points: 16Posts: 32 Bunkers

a flatter lie angle can help toe hits

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.